It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could an afterlife have evolved ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I was listening to some broadcast the other day and the host made a comment that Atheists don't believe in an afterlife . I know that an atheist doesn't believe in a " God " But does that mean that they don't believe an afterlife as well ?

Could an afterlife have evolved all on its own ? The more we learn about energy and quantum physics is it not possible that an afterlife could have evolved , in what ever fashion it may have manifested its self ?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
eh, i'm open to the idea.

I hear some people say that we all go to this great party place. lol

I can only imagine being on my death bed, like this is it, then boom i'm at one of Ushers parties like "yeah!".

It's unlikely though.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
One could say that most atheist don't believe in any form of afterlife (I am one of those) but that does not mean that ALL atheists don't believe in some form of afterlife.

For example, let's say there is some sort of afterlife, that does not necessarily imply that a god/goddess/gods are are real or have anything to do with it. For all one knows the "afterlife realm", might just be the dimension that dead beings go to (and this does not mean, again, that there is a god).

now I'm sure there is at least one atheist who believes in an afterlife here at ATS, so it would be interesting to see his/her point of view on this subject.

Personally, the notion of an afterlife seems as impossible and improbable as the existence of some deity.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I dont believe in god or an afterlife.....actually i kinda believe some weird things that probably not many people believe out there. ..

but hey,... without nothingness how can we justify being.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm pretty much an Athiest and believe in an after life.

I believe the after life is just another dimension different to ours here but alot alike at the same time.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You all will be going to one of two places.

1.) Heaven

or

2.) Hell

Ask God to show you your heart. Figure yourself out. The Bible is the whole truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Water Tastes Good, you are right on! Dr. Maurice Rawlings, M.D. and heart surgeon, was an atheist, but watching a guy come back to life after seeing hell changed his perspective. Check his website out: Dr. Rawlings

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't feel that belief in an afterlife is necessarily a religious thing.
And defining afterlife is quite tricky too.

But i think you can be a spiritual atheist who believes in some form of "something" after death.

Labels are very restrictive.

top topics

join