It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ancient Conspiracy that is still in play today?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Christianity is nothing but a control cult for Rome's governance and conquering of the planet.
About the time when Christianity was consolidating as a state religion, I think Rome had become rather irrelevant in the discussion of religious questions that were being dealt with by the creation of dogma.
The center of controversy was Alexandria. A key figure in this process was Athanasius, famous for the Athanasian Creed, which is dogma incarnate. He was the Bishop of Alexandria, and had a habit, from early on, of writing letters to the churches in his dominion, specifying which books should be read to the congregations. This is the first spelling out of the list of what is now called the Canonical New Testament. Alexandrian manuscripts of copies of the New Testament books are the most notorious for having changes made to them.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Forgive me if it's been said, I only read the first post, and I don't mean to derail the post, but what if it was a conspiracy by the pagans in the sense that they created it, to divert Jews away from God and trick them into worshiping Jesus rather than God and to get them to give up the required blood sacrifices, thereby pissing God off and dooming them all to hell?

That would be a tricky thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by villagesmithie
I don't know where but I remember reading long ago that the word Jesus used could be interputed as the self instead of "me". In other words, the only way to heaven is through yourself, or maybe knowing yourself. It made sense to me at the time. I'll do a little searching and see if I can find anything on this.

If you can find this reference, I would love to look it up for myself.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by TangoVooDoo

OK, I stated the assumptions to keep this thread on topic. I should have worded it better. But that said, I wasn't refering to material items such as land and riches, but instead I was refering to POWER to control the masses. A way to keep them under the thumb of the Church. We know for a fact that the Church wielded massive amounts of power through the centuries. They had their hands in every pie.

I am not trying to debate the validity of the religion, but instead the motives of those who shaped it following the death of it's founder. They had total control, absolute power to dictate what was and what was not to become Church Dogma.

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Lord Acton

Again, where is it stated within Scripture that the "church" is to have "power" over the people to a point where they are enslaved?

The 11 apostles were persecuted for their beliefs that went against the norm. For preaching a risen Lord. Paul said to not give an offering if your heart was not with it. Also a "tithe" was and is now a "love offering" that can be both your money and also your time and talents, your gifts.

You're confusing the Roman Catholic church with what a NT church is and should be. I was raised Roman Catholic and I never once opened a Bible let alone touched one until I was about 12 years old and I went to a evangelical church. I was told that I would not grasp it and that the priests would tell me what it said and meant. When I first read Matthew 11 and 12 I couldn't put it down and just kept reading.

So the church or better, body of Believers, that the Apostles set up is in no way representative of what Rome is. There are fine people within the Roman Catholic church but history shows its governing body to be corrupt.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taskism
Forgive me if it's been said, I only read the first post, and I don't mean to derail the post, but what if it was a conspiracy by the pagans in the sense that they created it, to divert Jews away from God and trick them into worshiping Jesus rather than God and to get them to give up the required blood sacrifices, thereby pissing God off and dooming them all to hell?

That would be a tricky thing.

Have you ever read the Scriptures?

Why would the pagans make up Jesus to divert Jews away from God when at the same time they show Jesus to in fact be God?

To rebuke and avoid paganism? That Truth is Absolute? Give up blood sacrifices by offering up the blood sacrifice of Jesus?

You're right, that would be a tricky thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join