It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Logo on Google homepage - WHY??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Why? To let people know what is going, not only about UFO's, but ghosts, taos hum, and other phenomenons showing that there is still much stuff to be known, and in some cases, something is wrong. Like UFO's.

At least thats my point of view.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by eddy_12

i agree, why link to a website that covers so much. If they wanted us to be directed to UFO's then why not be more specific with the link?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Its because the #1 google trend is "unexplained phenomenon". I just hope this tells our government that we want to know - and can handle the truth.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by The_Zomar]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Has Google been hacked?

MH

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Seriously guys do we really have to look for hidden meanings everywhere? It is just a hot topic marketing strategy to increase usage and from what I can tell.. it is working.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Today on the 09.09.05 (5 sep. 2009) the "Google UFO" is on Danish Google.dk.?? Why??

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yaaay - Canada has it!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Is the same Google UFO logo world-wide.
This for the October Surprise...

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
o cmon man,its just a silly image,google changes theyr image like everyday,im not a disinfo or anything but if you want points make a credible thread,we have enought disinfo and hoaxes as it is

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well, as a marketing stunt it’s working anyway: dozens of sites and fora are discussing todays google logo, which carries the name go_gle.gif by the way. Normally the name of their logo refers to the occasion why they place it and has it got an alt tag to it. Not this time, seems like they created their own little ‘unexplained mystery’ (the logo) and link it to the search term ‘unexplained mysteries’.

The coded tweet '1.12.12 25.15.21.18 15 1.18.5 2.5.12.15.14.7 20.15 'All your O are belong to us', apparently refers to ‘all your bases are belong to us’, a slogan from the game ‘zero wing’ that had a hype thing going on on the net: en.wikipedia.org...

The Exeter UFO Festival might be a possible reason why the logo appears today, also it’s exactly 22 years ago the Voyager 1 was launched. The popularity of the search term ‘unexplained mysteries’ may have something to do with it and, no doubt, the marketing effect is working well.

I’d say the google designers/programmers are having fun today

[edit on 5/9/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
3 pages.... about a damn logo?! Desperation I say... so when they had a telephone in their logo it was a conspiracy to make us all spend loads more money calling for no apparent reason? -.-

I think it's fun that Google changes their logo all the time, a simple page with simple entertainment.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
You have to be kidding me? Bing is crap as a search engine. It is better at finding videos but much worse at finding web pages. Have you tried comparing it to Google or are you just excited that there is a new search engine in town?

Its really NOT better. Not at all. Its crap.

Use this site to search using both engines and compare for yourself: www.bing-vs-google.com.... Search on any word and you will get much more relevant hits on Google than you do on Bing.

thanks for the link, I tried it and got 4 results on Bing and 155 results on Google for my recent search of "load ycc fail" error.

That's a big difference!

I noticed the UFO shows up on the Google homepage in the USA now too.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Something I didn't notice until it got pointed out to me...

The top of the Google search page is missing after you search for something.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No doubt - predictive programming - actually I have no idea. Its pretty cool though. Probably nothing, but just when we stop questioning things is right when we'll get bit on the proverbial "butt".

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Google is doing this as a knee jerk reaction to www.bing.com... which microsoft released a few weeks ago.

Bing is far superior in both design, search relevance and interactivity.

Interactivity is where Bing really put the hammer to Google. Check it out go to Bing and see a beautiful random background that allows you to hover over certain areas to find information.

Google will be struggling over the coming months to compete with this new search engine. I imagine Microsoft will slam out a huge marketing budget especially after their deal with yahoo went through. Also Microsoft can simply make Bing a function in the next operating system.

So this interactive UFO you see is Googles response to all that in a way.

You will see Google playing catchup over the coming weeks making improvements and launching surprises like this UFO I am sure.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

You have to be kidding me? Bing is crap as a search engine. It is better at finding videos but much worse at finding web pages. Have you tried comparing it to Google or are you just excited that there is a new search engine in town?

Its really NOT better. Not at all. Its crap.

Use this site to search using both engines and compare for yourself: www.bing-vs-google.com.... Search on any word and you will get much more relevant hits on Google than you do on Bing.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Copernicus]

More results does not mean better results. So what if Google has been scouring the web for years saving every single site it finds.

"Hits" is not the proper term. Its called SERPS (Search Engine Result Pages). More results does not mean better results.

I for one think Google can take their monopoly and shove it deep so I am happy to see Bing kick them in the face.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well it seems it has gone from the Google Australia site so tomorrow everything is back to normal. Guess it really was nothing; if it was something significant you'd think they would keep it up.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Second "o" of google abducted - Source: uforadar

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My first thought when I saw it was, are they hoping the aliens abduct O..bama. LOL

I don't think it is a big deal but I noticed that right away this morning.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
o cmon man,its just a silly image,google changes theyr image like everyday,im not a disinfo or anything but if you want points make a credible thread,we have enought disinfo and hoaxes as it is

And why was this not a credible thread? You are wrong, google does not just put random images on their logo without explanation.

Usually, the image would be for some kind of special occasion and an explanation would be there when you hover over the lgo with your mouse.

If the thread is not credible then why are you even adding to it with your comment?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join