It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Logo on Google homepage - WHY??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hi there, its Saturday 5th Sep 2009 here in New Zealand. I have noticed that todays google logo shows a UFO beaming a light on the "O" of google!!

When i scroll over it, there is no explanation coming up at all.

When you click on it it takes you to a search for "unexplained phenomenon".

Its quite bazaar, cos usually when you scroll over the google symbol it will tell you why the logo is there.

Any suggestions?

[img]
[/img]

G.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Cause Google, on almost a daily basis, changes it's logo. Today appears to be the UFO logo day.

That's about it in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Yeah this is the link

www.google.co.nz...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

yeh, but usually when you hover your mouse over it, it will have some kind of explanation why that logo is used on that particular day.

Doesnt it?? have i been asleep for the last few years??

google UK, Australia and New Zealand all the same

[edit on 4-9-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Clicking it takes you to 'Unexplained phenomena' the first link takes you to www.unexplained-mysteries.com... which connects to more subjects than just UFO's

I dont know, this might just be ''planting the seeds''

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JRSB

Yes and I wouldn't be surprised if www.unexplained-mysteries.com made some kind of deal with Google to get their site linked to that logo with the UFO on it.

Most of the other daily logos I've tried (which isn't many) seem to link to more general searches, instead of one specific site. But I usually just hover the mouse over the logo to see the name of the logo which usually tells me what it is there for, if it's not obvious.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Because Google wanted us at ATS to have something to talk about today

It worked

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What makes this weirder is that I don't see that on my Google homepage.

Why does ".co.nz" have it?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

i dont know,

i have been to google germany, google france, google spain etc etc and some have it and some dont.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
mine also does not show the UFO? althought it currently is 23:06 in Ontario Canada...maybe it shall show up at 00:00? interested to see if the google links that DONT have it...arent actually sept 5th yet?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I also am not sure why there is a UFO on the google homepage today. I live in Australia, and have it too.
I googled google about why it has a UFO and today's date. The only reference I could find was that there is a UFO festival in Exeter from the 5th to the 9th of September, so maybe that's it? Not sure how that is relevant in Australia and NZ though!
Admittedly, it is a bit strange, and yep I also get no info if I just hover my mouse over the UFO and if I click on it it takes me to unexplained mysteries.com ......

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thats cool! No idea why though... Maybe a google employee got abducted

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i wonder if this will cause a huge increase in UFO sightings this weekend?

Tonnes of people will be looking at topics related to this after seeing the logo.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Got the ufo logo in Canada .ca to

same link if u click on

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

yeah was just gonna say this, its 00:01 and its there, so probably the other google homepages corresponding timezones werent 00:00 of sept 5th

interested to know if the posters that said it wasnt the UFO image could check google once it is sept 5th?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here is the quote from Gardian UK.

The fact the Guardian's Bad Science column has now surpassed 300 articles may indicate that the public's interest in debunking myths is nearly as voracious as their appetite for the paranormal and unexplained - the subject of a special edition Google logo today.

The image used is of an ascending UFO - familiar to us all from the X-files and Doctor Who, and soon as the subject of the new film District 9, a science fiction thriller in which ugly aliens invade South Africa and are herded into a slum.

More here.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

nice one prof. you beat me to it!!

The fact the Guardian's Bad Science column has now surpassed 300 articles may indicate that the public's interest in debunking myths is nearly as voracious as their appetite for the paranormal and unexplained - the subject of a special edition Google logo today

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Ahh that explains it then lol. New movie coming out....which Google has been hijacked to promote. Shameless

That's certainly a better explanation than the UFO festival which is UK based only. Cheers for clearing that one up!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have it too! Sept 4.. www.google.com

Pretty cool logo! I like how the flying saucer is abducting the O.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verum Astrum

Ahh that explains it then lol. New movie coming out....which Google has been hijacked to promote. Shameless

That's certainly a better explanation than the UFO festival which is UK based only. Cheers for clearing that one up!

District 9? Thats been out for awhile now...
Interesting timing, though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join