It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formation analysis -- request help to finish analysis with 3D rotation of a set of coordinates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hi, I'm hoping someone is interested in collaborating with me to finish an analysis. It involves rotating a set of coordinates in 3D to establish whether there is a symmetric pattern to a possible formation in STS 80 footage. Please let me know if you have skills in any kind of software to do this and are interested.

See the following for background on the posited formation of seven objects seen in footage from STS 80.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have compiled a short paper on the analysis I've done so far. I sent it to Jack Kasher, who did this analyis of STS 48 footage. He encouraged further analysis of the STS 80 footage. www.nicap.org...

Very briefly, the objective is to test a simple hypothesis: that when rotated to form a circle, the objects will display a precise symmetric pattern in which distances to the left and right of a central object are the same. An additional hypothesis is that the central object lies on a line which, when rotated, is directly in the centre of the circle.

If so, well, case closed ...

I have the 2-D coordinates as measured on screen. I can supply these in 3-D based on estimated angle of inclination in z-axis of the plane in which the objects are hypothesized to lie.

Cheers, 9

[edit on 4-9-2009 by 987931]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I might have an interest if it isn't too much work.

This is one NASA case that really interests me although, I must say, the video pretty well speaks for itself. What would a 3D analysis accomplish?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
I might have an interest if it isn't too much work.

This is one NASA case that really interests me although, I must say, the video pretty well speaks for itself. What would a 3D analysis accomplish?

The paper explains what the 3D analysis would accomplish. It would test two hypotheses, one being that there is an exact and symmetric pattern in the formation, the other being that the central object lies in a line orthogonal to the centre of the circle of the plane in which the formation is hypothesized to lie.

Can I send the paper? I'll send a U2U if you want to look at it. I've made it as short as humanly possible (about 4 pages with figures).

join