It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Israel on collision course over settlements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

U.S., Israel on collision course over settlements

www.reuters.com

The Israeli government's plan to approve more construction in Jewish settlements drew a sharp rebuke from the Obama administration on Friday, further complicating U.S. efforts to revive Middle East peace talks.

"As the president has said before, the United States does not accept the legitimacy of continued settlement expansion and we urge that it stop.

Israel is already building some 2,500 housing units at West Bank settlements that are in various stages of construction.

PALESTINIANS DEMAND TOTAL FREEZE
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Obama administration is making the wrong enemies for me :/

Omg..everyone and everybody press the US for something...so we have Iran accusing the US of forging nuclear documents, we have Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq..i mean come on...Russia on the Other Hand getting stronger holding hand with China....Korea sometimes puts it finger up and fire some missiles..i mean wtf...its hard to be Obama for sure

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We can't afford the billions a year we give them and now that we are telling them to do something, we are on a collision course.

Maybe we need to take a backseat, worry about ourselves, and let the rest of the world progress without us molding the clay.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Before someone comes in here and says that the US should stay out of Israels business I have to say this:

We have every right to make this demand, as long as my tax payer dollars are gong to them in the billions every year then they should listen to daddy. Until they start supporting themselves and get there own roof over there head.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
We can't afford the billions a year we give them and now that we are telling them to do something, we are on a collision course.

Just think of all the healthcare those billions could be used for on the America people. The healthcare issue now would be a non-issue.

So... ya... use the money for universal healthcare instead of Israel.

Of course, that's probably why Israel doesn't like Obama's universal healthcare plan... it would take money away from Israel. And, we see Israelis lobby against Americans to say the reform is bad... they say "you want it, pay for it"... yet that is what is already been doing... U.S. already have paid for universal healthcare... it just is being done in Israel.

Where else does the money go?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Just think of all the healthcare those billions could be used for on the America people. The healthcare issue now would be a non-issue.

So... ya... use the money for universal healthcare instead of Israel.

Of course, that's probably why Israel doesn't like Obama's universal healthcare plan... it would take money away from Israel. And, we see Israelis lobby against Americans to say the reform is bad... they say "you want it, pay for it"... yet that is what is already been doing... U.S. already have paid for universal healthcare... it just is being done in Israel.

Where else does the money go?

Amen, why are we giving them or the rest of the world ANY money when we have starving and sick right here at home.

I tried to explain this to my sister before she went to Africa with the peace corps, we have starving AIDS kids she can help right here in our back yard dammit!

new topics

top topics

join