It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor, Father-to-Be Killed in Drug Sting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Pastor, Father-to-Be Killed in Drug Sting

news.aol.com

Plainclothes officers shot and killed a small-town pastor when the 28-year-old father-to-be resisted efforts to question him about a passenger in his car who was the target of a drug sting, authorities said.
Jonathan Paul Ayers of Shoal Creek Baptist Church in Lavonia wasn't targeted in the probe that ended in gunfire at a gas station Tuesday, Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said. But drug task-force agents opened fire on him after he tried to avoid them, putting his car in reverse and striking one of the officers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There is a very disturbing video of the shooting. The man was driving away and hit an officer; however, I cannot make out from the video whether or not you could tell they were officers. The video is kind of on the grainy side. If they were in plain clothes, one could easily think that someone was trying to rob them?

So his wife, current widow, will now be a single mother. That is a lot for a person to deal with.

They admit the pastor was not the target, so why did they pull guns on him? Someone pulled guns on me I would try to get away from them too.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

Thanks.

It didn't show up in search for some reason. Thought it was strange since it had been online news for nine hours and all. Usually peeps are much faster than I.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

That is current events this is breaking news it can be discussed in both areas.

As for the pastor being shot though I feel terribly saddened to hear this.

The woman who they were after was later arrested. It might have been he was trying to help her get away from that sort of life who knows. I hope though we get to find out more details about this story. I am not trying to spectulate or anything but I am sure someone will say he was having an affair with the woman the police were after.

Raist

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
another victim of the failed drug war,when are we gonna stop this useless waste of our tax money..to bad he didnt run over all of them cops.That would of made it a lot better at least if the pigs would of been killed.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
another victim of the failed drug war,when are we gonna stop this useless waste of our tax money..to bad he didnt run over all of them cops.That would of made it a lot better at least if the pigs would of been killed.

Man, if only you were there instead of the pastor.
If you hit an officer with a car, they shoot you.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by walsbg22]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
To me it did not look like the officers were in uniform, the way things are if I saw a couple of guys coming with guns I would try to leave also.

This man was not a criminal I don't think, so why would he try to leave unless he thought he was in danger, gas stations is where most of the car jackings take place and where most of the victims are killed by the car jackers.

I don't believe a man like this would put everything on the line and try and run over police officer.
When someone is scared, they are in flight mode, their focus is on getting away not what is in the way.
But that's how the cops are as soon as you do something like this they know they can shoot you even if they are not even harmed.

I tell my daughter not to stop for cops if they are not in uniform and or regular police car, but to drive to nearest police station.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by walsbg22

Yea and if could of filled entire auto with some of his buddies of same mind set.

Level of awareness, scale of 1 to 10 (- 10)

join