It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual growth in the dark!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
All spiritual traditions have used Darkness Techniques in pursuit of enlightenment. I provide to you, the reader, a link to a web page where you can read a small 50-60 page book to pursue this spiritual growth.

Link: www.scribd.com...

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM: promoting drug use as it is not what i intended for this topic, nor talk about any form of drug, even if you think its ridiculous! I'd much rather teach people something valuable then flame and rant about why things are like this or that.

NOTE TO THE MODS: I contacted a mod to see if i could post this topic, but he was about to go and couldn't give me an accurate answer. So if this topic is against this websites rules please remove it and accept my apology.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This thread is just to try and keep the my other thread alive involving certain chemicals produced in your brain to create visuals of possibly another dimension right before our eyes or just a hallucination, but regardless almost everyone under the effects of these chemicals that can be produced naturally through being put through a couple weeks of isolation of light and kept in darkness or simply through meditation you can have spiritual revolutionary breakthroughs.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

There is a place close to where I live that is called "Dreamers Rock".

It was used by the native Indians to go to find their spirit guide.
Now this place is very high on a cliff and sort of difficult to get to, but ropes are provided to get up the steepest parts.

Anyways, one would go there and fast until their spirit guide appeared to them. I am not sure if they were allowed to sleep or not, I always just thought that the meditation and fasting did it for them. I'll have to check that out.

Now since this didn't happen until at least the 4th day, their bodies and minds would be under a great deal of stress, and maybe that is what causes the effects that you describe by isolating yourself in the dark.

Obviously they were not in the dark the whole time, but perhaps just the body feeding off of itself and the meditation was enough to "open the pathway".

Just a thought.. I'm going to see if I can find a picture of this place for you, it's quite beautiful.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Can you imagine meditating here...

Think I will plan a trip there for next summer.

Here's how you get there.

top topics

join