It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is asked for thumbprint to cash his wifes cheque! ( but he has no arms)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Man is asked for thumbprint to cash his wifes cheque! ( but he has no arms)

uk.yahoo.com

A man who sought to cash his wife's check at her bank ran into an unusual problem: the teller wanted his thumbprint. Problem was, the man had no arms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What is this world coming too? I ask you!

This isnt my usual knid of post but i coudlnt help it, what a poor guy. Surely you would think they had a system in this day and age to get past these hard circumstances. He deffinatley aint the only man or woman with no arms in the U.S. Come on people, solve these problems and help all men and women threw life. This is meant to be modern times, i cant believe that this kind of thing could happen.

uk.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's not every day that a forger will cut off both his arms to get away with his crime!

I of course have to ask...if he had no arms, how did he sign his wife's check? How was he going to collect the cash? How was he going to spend the cash?

It sounds to me like if this story is true the man was wearing prostetics and the teller simply wasn't aware of the fact that he had artificial limbs.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well, he was born with no arms, so im guessing he either learned how to use his prostetic arms to write, or his mouth, or his feet.

Maybe his wife was ill and at home???

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would have asked them to print my butt, "Please wipe off the excess ink and anything else you might find down there while your at it...

Seriously my youngest son, just turned eighteen, had a similar prob... I wrote him a check to open an account to pay for his college stuff.. you guessed it at first the wanted him to go to my branch cash the check then bring back cash to open the account... No wonder banks are failing left and right.... that kind of attitude is not how you make new customers

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've seen people asked for thumb prints before while at the bank I never thought twice about it until today.

That branch manager should be fired. Simple as that. When you're a manager your job is to make sure things run smoothly and take care of the customer. They did neither. They created a public relations nightmare and insulted a honest customer. Nor did they provide an alternative method which was well within their power to do. Because of this they will probably loose future customers and it will lower their reputation.

FIRE

[edit on 4-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Banks have some insane policies like for instance a five dollar fee to cash a check drawn on a bank at a bank where you are not an account holder but simply a payee.

I never pay this fee because I tell them the truth. The Bank has a contractual obligation to cash the check as it is an instrument of debt and a contract between the check writer and me the check payee. The Bank has a contract with the account holder to cash his checks when presented, and no where in that contract is an agreement between the account holder and the bank to allow the bank to try to extort money from me for simply doing what it's already been paid and contracted to do.

It's very rare I have to explain it to a supervisor but by the time I get done they always wave the fee.

Same thing with special lines for non-account holders. They don't have a contractual agreement with anyone to legally allow them to segregate the people they are once again already paid to provide a service too.

Banks that want to hold you accountable to time when it comes to your deposits and debits regardless of whether funds have actually changed hands but want to be able to ignore time themselves to post transactions from highest to lowest no matter what time they were made to create extra overdraft charges. Same thing, not in the Contract.

The only way to beat and handle these extortionists is by understanding the imporantance of the Contracts that bind them legally in a court of law and letting them know you love courts of law and know your contracts which is why you love courts of law and would love to talk to them about these things in a court of law in front of a judge and a jury.

With the contracts on the table entered as evidence, and the actions and things they try to extort fees with documented and entered as evidence.

Banks have a license to steal from the under educated, when you let them know, you know your rights, and what is in the contract and you won't be tricked into going along and paying those fees or suffering those inconveniences their stories change and so do their actions.

People need to learn their rights and stand up for them, or sit down for them if you are wheel chair bound.

[edit on 4/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Templated thinking, mindless result.

Maybe banking should be a public function after all.

I hope he switched banks.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This same article was posted and discussed in the Global Meltdown forum and we were just as stumped over the bank's stance in that discussion as you are in this one.

top topics

join