It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siebel Edmons: A Case of Amnesia or A Case of Bootlicking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the Rendon Group? If not, let me refresh your memory.

The Rendon Group is a public relations firm that has specialized in creating propaganda for various US military interventions over the last few decades in places as varied as Panama, Haiti, Colombia, Zimbabwe, and Puerto Rico. Most recently, the Rendon group helped the US government to win hearts and minds for the occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq. Because it has worked with the US government for a long period of time, it has been willing to justify US military actions for both Democratic and Republican administrations, although the Rendon Group's founder, John Rendon, got his start in the propaganda business back in the 1970s as a campaign consultant for the Democratic Party.

There is a lot more information on the Rendon Group at Sourcewatch. James Bamford, whom many will remember as the first guest on The Boiling Frogs podcast interviews, wrote what may be the most definitive article explaining the raison d'etre for the Rendon Group. Bamford named John Rendon as "The Man Who Sold the War" to the American public for the Bush Administration. Prior to the invasion of Iraq, indeed, long before September 11, the Rendon Group created the Iraqi National Congress (INC) and appointed Ahmed Chalabi as the head of the organization. It created the Iraqi Broadcasting Corporation (IBC) and Radio Hurriah, both of which ineffectively broadcast propaganda against the Saddam regime in the early 1990s, first from Kuwait and later from Arbil in the autonomous Iraqi Kurdish region. In 1996, Saddam's army invaded Arbil and killed the vast majority of Rendon's IBC employees and some 100 INC members. What prompted the response by Saddam's army had less to do with the content of Radio Hurriah's propaganda, which was described as "poorly run" by one Iraqi Harvard graduate student, and more to do with the fact that the CIA had poured millions of dollars into the Rendon Group, which then funneled the money into the INC.

According to Bamford, while the CIA dumped money into the INC through the Rendon Group, Ahmed Chalabi dumped questionable "intelligence" information into the New York Times' now discredited war drummer, Judith Miller. Bamford later wrote about Chalabi's secret dealings with Iran, including the possible passing of NSA code-breaking information.

As a result of the Rendon Group's deep and widespread involvement with those who want to maufacture consent for any goal of any American administration, it should come as no surprise that last week the Reuters and the Washington Post revealed news from the US military's Stars and Stripes indicating that the Rendon Group has been hired by the Pentagon to vet journalists for embedded reporting from Afghanistan. From the Reuters article:

The U.S. military in Afghanistan defended itself Thursday against accusations that a company it employs was rating the work of reporters and suggesting ways to make their war coverage more positive.

Stars and Stripes, a newspaper for U.S. troops, said it had obtained documents prepared for the U.S. military by the Rendon Group, a Washington-based communications firm that graded journalists' work as "positive," "neutral" or "negative."

The newspaper, partly funded by the Pentagon but editorially independent, said the journalists' profiles included suggestions on how to "neutralise" negative stories and generate favourable coverage.

It published a pie chart which it said came from a Rendon report on the coverage of a reporter for an unidentified major U.S. newspaper until mid-May, judging it to be 83.33 percent neutral and 16.67 percent negative with respect to the military's goals.

The U.S. military command in Afghanistan said the Rendon Group provided a range of services under a $1.5 million (921,330 pound) one-year contract, including analysis of news coverage -- but it did not grade journalists.

This is Sibel Edmonds Homepage: 123realchange.com

Mod Edit: Use of All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
CONTINUED:

We who fight for all humanity can learn alot from someone that was on the inside of the beast. This is a great place to learn little known or thought of subjects. She is also on the tip of the spear that fights oppresion. Please let more know her fight is to help all mankind.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Dawn 09

Hey Red Dawn, great info about that "Rendon Group", but, just btw, why did you choose that thread title? And, was "123realchange.com" shut down?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolBlackHole

To answer your questions. 1. The title of this post was from Siebel Edmonds front page of 123realchange.com and i wanted to leave it as she had it for i am not about changing anyone's original work.
2. I just checked it and it says site is under construction? I was there this morning when i found her site and it was working fine. Kinda weird once i posted her site so she is not forgot or lost online the site went down? One of the many reasons for me posting this is Siebel much like others are taking a HUGE chance coming out and telling everyone the truth from inside the belly of the beast. And if it gets enough attention then others with that type of information will come foward with it being less afraid.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is were it can be found atm.
www.123realchange.blogspot.com

She has tons of information on her site and alot that will be of use to others i belive.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Dawn 09
This is were it can be found atm. www.123realchange.blogspot.com

Thanks, 123realchange.blogspot.com works.

Interestingly, the site home page (www.123realchange.com... and 123realchange.com...) is still offline.

It'll show whether this was a coincidence or a "coincidence".

[edit on 5-9-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

top topics

join