It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't think that this site should be left or right.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a long time. SkepticOverlord, the owner of this website has continuously over and over said that our website shall be in the ideology opposed to the Whitehouse. I'm neither left nor am I right, I am not complaining about the site being taken over by "conservatives", what I am saying is that it shouldn't be aligned with any one political ideology and that it should be independent of it.

I think that for the website to remain true to its purpose we shouldn't ally ourselves with one particular ideology, nor, should we ally ourselves with a particular establishment. One of the reasons that I am bringing this up is because I think that this idea that we should be for some reason be a right-leaning website just because the leftists are in power has created trouble among various leftists who might have good ideas- who are criticized by these conservatives, and too much of the debate becomes about "right or left" and "what are you" rather than debating the idea at hand- which is what the government is doing. I just thought I'd post my observation and post my thought because I think that I for one don't like the idea that we have to be a part of the establishment that isn't in power, just, because Obama is in office, and, somehow we must be aligned with the right, or, any particular ideology... I understand that the natural tendencies of the threads made here on ATS will be against leftism because we have leftists in power... but I think that it should remain politically neutral.

Those are my thoughts and I thought that it would be most appropriate if I share them on THIS forum... I've been thinking about this for a really long time and would like to get some responses to this. I think it is important for ATS to remain independent to ideologies so threads can remain neutral and the fun environment of ATS can still go on and not get too cluttered by false left and right dichotomies.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes, I agree. This is expecially true in light of the growing awareness that there both parties are pawns. We should be looking past the parties at the true workings behind the global governments

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I've been thinking about this for a long time. SkepticOverlord, the owner of this website has continuously over and over said that our website shall be in the ideology opposed to the Whitehouse.

I never said, nor implied any such thing.

What I have said, many times, is that conspiracy theorists by their very nature are typically harshly critical of whichever administration occupies the White House. During republican administrations, we may appear to have a liberal slant in the eyes of conservatives... and during democratic administrations, we may appear conservative in the eyes of liberals.

Political ideology and "picking a side" is an unproductive stalemate of mindless blame gaming.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more.
Why use the words of lying politicians.Do they not say right and left??
Don't follow anything those professional liars are doing.

I actually made a thread titled there is no left and right.
Its all just a game to divide everybody.

Does not a lefty have the ability to be a righty also??
Its ignorant to choose one and say I am right or left.
Its easier and more honest to be both and use all your brain.

Edit to add...I just skimmed the op and didn't see the SO part.
This site is not promoting Washington and the lies....this site is the opposite about getting to the truth.
No offence to SO was intended.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Political ideology and "picking a side" is an unproductive stalemate of mindless blame gaming.

Both sides belong to the same coin.

As another poster on ATS has said, right-left it's nothing more then a dog and pony show.

I believe this wholeheartedly, TPTB are (and have been for years) using the 2 party system to divide and conquer (search Delphi Technique).

The only way Americans will be able to take this country back is if we come together and see past the petty bi-partisan bickering.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think I get what you're saying. However, I would also like to make one more point with what I said earlier. I would like for this site to refrain from picking any side in general because I've already seen quite a lot of different left and right factions fighting over each other over who is hypocritical and who isn't. I think that not having the site lean any one way, or, encouraging neutrality would help lessen this problem we have, because I think there is way too much friction between the left and the "right" right now. I also apologize for misinterpreting what you said before.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

ATS doesn't do that. Somewhere on the site it even mentions how ATS endorses no specific view be it political, social, or religious. Many sites are 'opinion specific' and cater to a certain segment. Example: A christian message board, a liberal message board, a pro-life message board, etc.

The only 'theme' ATS leans in favor of is conspiracies. So it's not saying we endorse conservative thinking and encourage criticism of liberalism. What you mention is merely a word of caution that the ATS membership will generally be in favor of conspiracies. Because the current administration is liberal/democrat, the membership majority will often target their conspiracies towards the current liberal/democrat administration.

More than anything, that statement was merely made to help members not be too sensitive if they feel 'their side' is under attack and was a word of comfort that because ATS endorses no specific opinion, everything is fair game and will lead in favor of conspiracies- even against something you may support.

new topics

top topics

join