It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not gonna believe this House Vote.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Crazy...what bothered me more though is that one of the guys sitting behind the congressman who is challenging Murtha is texting like some school kid bored with math class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

obviously.there was more nays then yes and he went with the yes vote,have another listen,plus the numbers in the house wasn't enough to take a vote on anything anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by really

Ummm.... I don't support either of these scumbag parties.
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
www.youtube.com...

this happenend before Aug 3rd. it may or maynot be
on ATS. at least I have not seen it... and dag nabit, where
did I put my Constitution at... they cant do this, but they did~!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Anti-Evil]

This did happen in August......August of 2007

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of a private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is Fascism—ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power.”

—Franklin Delano Roosevelt to the Congress, April 29th, 1938.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
well..just goes to show, a vote DOSNT count anymore..be it a citiznes vote or policitians vote..all of which ARE manipulated, via computers, digital, or in this case, the chairmen thier.. whats done is done.l.but, what it boils down too now, reallisticly is WHAT ARE WE THE PEOPLE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS...sit back and let it all happen and slide? or start at leat, sending some angry emails of concern out? march n protest it so it gets immediat media attnetion! thies mahy avenues on this..but i tkaes msot of us to overule HIS final vote

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
so wait..the uproar over this, the vote was about illegal aliens getting food stamps? IF so, the chariman apparentyl wanted this to happen. the question is WHY? what concern of grave imprtance is it to him??? is he being bribed? getting kickbacks form he staes(our tax money) to ensure a final vote of ballot has been altered/re voted? sick
governemnt will stop at nothing, to make sure we remain near broke or in debt...MY tax money, YUOR tax money, going to criminals, rapists, gangs, people who could care less about us 'gringos'

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by really

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm.... I don't support either of these scumbag parties.
2nd line.

lol catchy comeback; ) gave me an idea..yuo know how their are/were those obama-the joker stickers goin around? make one like this for congress..come join the scumbag voting congressional hearring now in session lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Ah good call - as I went to bed last night I thought that my reaction was probably exactly the type the YT poster wanted........ Its easy to edit to achieve and fool. Goes to show how easy it is for people to be tricked into believing in something that is quite the opposite (including us on ATS).

My guard goes up.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I am shocked and appalled by this video, this is corruption right in front of our very eyes pure and simple. We cannot let these complete morons run countries, the world is completely backwards.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
all of you people that keep on saying that "this is a sign of the destruction of our republic!" should really read the post that fraterormus wrote at the very end of page 1 of this topic. It's very detailed and i suggest more of you read it before you make any sort of opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If you get rid of the old corrupt guys in office you will get rid of this economic turmoil

I think its about time the U.S. started putting younger people in office instead of these golden oldies with possible alzteimers. Its been shown that memory decline is prevalent in olden age, why are these people controlling our country??

Really think about it... Really.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"not subject to question"

"the court is not in order"

OMG!!! Sorry for the stereotype but this deserves an OMG!!!

Can you say corrupt????

Let me ask you again.... ... .. Can you say corrupt???????

When technicalities go beyond common sense , can you see that something may be wrong?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
YOUTUBE is not a source people.
When are ATSers going to learn that you can't get all freaked out and grab your pitchforks over a youtube video.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

if you dont like youtube, maybe you should check it out on CNN or the channels that air Government cessions... this happens often enough. Just because someone took it off of a reliable source and put it on an unreliable source you discredit it? Wow... Good 1!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
LOL...a few sound bites of the procedure that normally goes on there.

August 3rd of last year, nearly the same thing went on.

Republicans don't get the vote they want, then extend the vote for three hours and lose anyway. Im sured its happend with the Democrats too.

Either way, its kind of amazing anything gets passed at all.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Certainly, on the face of it, it seems outrageous.

HOWEVER...

What you don't see is that that at the beginning every day there is a routine, procedural approval of the prior day's Journal record. This happens even before the Pledge of Allegiance. It's hard to tell if it was Mr. Sensenbrenner's wish to block the Pledge of Allegiance, but that's exactly what he was delaying by calling for a vote in order to halt the beginning of the day's business.

Here's what usually happens at this point at the beginning of the session:

(from a normal Congressional Record)

------------------------------------
1. THE JOURNAL
The SPEAKER. The Chair has examined the Journal of the last day’s proceedings and announces to the House his approval thereof.
Pursuant to clause 1, rule I, the Journal stands approved.

2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
------------------------------------

Let's face it, Mr. Sensenbrenner was being an asshole for calling for a vote for the most irrelevant thing he could think of.

Knowing all of the facts... Mr. Murtha treated him just the way he deserved.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
it is quite disgusting to see what this means.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Unbelievable! I am sickened by the Dems.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

it has nothing to do with whether I like youtube or not. But nothing on youtube is verified, unless it is confirmed that it is a direct copy from a legitimate site.
Any thing can be cut and paste, edited, or new audio put in.

ATS is about denying ignorance. Which means that people are expected to use credible sources. youtube, blogs, and partisan sites are not those sources.

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

It is in the TOS. Members are expected to post accurate materials. Unless it is just to makea point or discussion.

You won't just hear this from me, you will hear this over and over from many memebers of ATS. If it bothers you, maybe this site isn't for you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join