It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Most Heartfelt, Hateful Thread Ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Full story:
Here

Defense Secretary Robert Gates is objecting “in the strongest terms” to an Associated Press decision to transmit a photograph showing a mortally wounded 21-year-old Marine in his final moments of life, calling the decision “appalling” and a breach of “common decency.”

The AP reported that the Marine’s father had asked – in an interview and in a follow-up phone call — that the image, taken by an embedded photographer, not be published.

The AP reported in a story that it decided to make the image public anyway because it “conveys the grimness of war and the sacrifice of young men and women fighting it.”

The photo shows Lance Cpl. Joshua M. Bernard of New Portland, Maine, who was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade in a Taliban ambush Aug. 14 in Helmand province of southern Afghanistan, according to The AP.

ENOUGH! Our patriots, and defenders of our country need to come home. NOW. And while I totally disagree with the publicizing a young brave man dying, I hope that it will show that death is a reality.

My government will disagree with me. Many here on ATS will as well. Say what you will. When a war is won, you come home. Remember the famous words of 2 top officials?

Afghanistan: We ran out of targets. (Then get the F out of there.)
Iraq: By the President of arguably the mightiest nation ever. "We won. Our Job is done."

Dammit. Get my brethren out of there. NOW.

Peace will never happen in that part of the world. And I am so tired of getting an email that a friend of mine died trying to police a state which doesn't desire peace.

Most of you know me and how I feel about life.
HOWEVER.

While I disagree with brutality, and hate violence.... In my opinion there are two choices. Bring them home, or wipe the enemy out......... Yeah I am going there. Use whatever means necessary to take them out.
Instead we have kids with acne on their faces searching for armor in garbage dumps. Are you kidding me?
BRING THEM HOME.
Or use the might we claim to have and finish it. Then look at the rest of the world and say "Who's next?"

I've lost 7 friends who were taken by enemies.

I will be hated for this thread, but I cannot help myself. A police state is bankrupting this country, and killing young men and women who just might have been the genius who cured cancer.

Either win or bail. I don't want to see another brave soldier die for a cause which isn't a cause.
Did Iraguis who claim to need help offer to help Katrina victims? No.

I apologize. My friend was interred recently, and yes I am bitter.

Bring them home.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by lombozo]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I almost shed a tear reading that article. My best friend leaves for Iraq on the 22nd and we're right in the midst of helping him enjoy life before he goes to the desert.

I live in a redneck area where people constantly call me a radical liberal for wanting to pull out of Iraq.. But its only because of my country that I want this. Nuke the freakin' place, I would rather that than see one more american die for the sake of... well there doesn't even seem like a point anymore.

I seem like a horrible person for saying this, but I'd rather irradicate a foreign nation than lose more soldiers and money for this nonsense. Its not only soldiers, people who were middle class last year are starving on the streets.

The picture should not be out there, but if people need to see reality to get in touch with it, than so be it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I certainly agree with both of you regarding bringing U.S. troops back home. Sometimes war is a necessary evil; however, when that war is over then it should be over.

I also live in a redneck area, and it is a common feeling among us rednecks that to nuke the "whole dam zone" is a better idea than lingering on and trying to set up democracy, then sending more troops to yet another festering boil of Arab history of thousands of years of fighting among themselves. Then when those Islamic freaks get to jabbering too much, then send some more troops to middle east.

I don't really understand how they know who the enemy is since they are all Arabs except the Iranians. It has been their fight for thousands of years, let them have it back it is not in our history to stay involved in their affairs all the time.

As far as the dying troop, I would not want to go over his parents wishes. Who wants the whole world watching their son die, that is too personal.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No hate- 100 % support.
Too many emotions to write.
I don't agree with war at all.It solves nothing.Just produces death, and sadness, and loss.
You would think throughout history we would have learned.
In some respects, we are still caveman stupid.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

you know i have alot of respect for you on these boards and there are only few people i hold that sort of respect for here.

The US along with our goverment in the UK distablised these countries and in doing so have no choice but to ensure that these countries are stable and these threats are elimiated.

I am anti war and was against both wars.

reply to post by SantaClaus

i think horrible person is an understatement,
blood thursty and immoral is a more suited word, calling for genocide of people is very Low.

also Afganistan isnt populated by arabs, Middle east ends at Iran even then Iranians arent arabs but persions.

guess geography isnt well taught in the US

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

i think horrible person is an understatement,
blood thursty and immoral is a more suited word, calling for genocide of people is very Low.

also Afganistan isnt populated by arabs, Middle east ends at Iran even then Iranians arent arabs but persions.

guess geography isnt well taught in the US

I don't know why you called out specific nations, as I didn't bring up any of them in particular, other than the fact that my friend is going to Iraq.

Also, if you didn't realize what I was saying it was this: In terms of idealism, I care a lot less about those places than my home. At the end of the day, I love my country and I don't want to see any more of my fellow citizens dead.

Nothing is perfect, but if its the loss of Americans I have to choose over the loss of middle easterners, I choose to keep Americans alive. Bottom line, I wouldn't want any death at all, and I think immediate evacuation of the area is needed.

I was dealing with a scenario that could never happen. it was to illustrate how fed up I am with the situation. It has nothing to do with genocide, I'm speaking in terms of American life.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

then you i must say are pathetic, and as you say you care less about anyone outside your own doorstep, your not worth arguing with as its just pointless.

have fun in your own little world where human lfe holds little value.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

then you i must say are pathetic, and as you say you care less about anyone outside your own doorstep, your not worth arguing with as its just pointless.

have fun in your own little world where human lfe holds little value.

Haha wow. The word "hate" certainly is not understated in the title of this thread.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but then you probably haven't had too many kids (yes KIDS, 18-19 year olds) brought back to your town in body bags for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

If I were to be angry at anyone, its not the middle east.

Would you be happier if I said I believe that the politicians are the ones who should be put on the chopping block? Because that is actually the way I feel. Its not the fault of an Iraqi for fighting back against oppressors.

But for you to criminalize me for making an analogy that my country is more important to me than other countries is laughable. Do you not feel the same way about your home country?

Its not patriotism. Its not wanton murder. Its valuing my brethren. And yeah, sorry, they are more important to me than anyone else.

Just as you'd value the life of your family over anyone else.

If you had this choice: Your family will suffer pointless death unless you are willing to allow another family to die. Can you honestly hold your same values when given that decision?

Analogies aren't reality, friend.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

make up your mind

so your going from and killing millions of people to valuing your bredrin?
your still cold blooded. doesnt matter how you like to spin it.

my country is important to me but unlike you i dont see the my self or anyone in the country higher in the food chain then anyone else.

in which twisted scenario would i have to chose between my values and watching my family die?

to me your as bad as the fanatics killing innocent civilians and you guessed it American and britsih service men and women
since i am sure they look at things in your twisted way.

apoligies lombozo for going down this path, people like santa are one reason i hate posting in ATS.
my last and final post on this topic.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Well I conceded earlier that the scenario was absurd..

This thread is about overwhelming frustration. You looked into my statement and I believe you took it to a level which was not intended.

Its like a dog who continually gets mistreated, eventually its going to bite back. We are a country in which the intelligent, sane people are completely at a loss as to what to think of and if we had the power, things would be different. I know you would question my sanity and intelligence.

I'm sad that it came to this, and I wish you'd post again, but I respect that you don't want to derail the thread. If you were in the same shoes as American citizens, what would you want? What's your answer?

There are only two answers... One is smart... Leave.
The other is a primal scream.. WIN..

But the win part means something different for everyone.. I for one don't believe winning is possible.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Arabs invaded Afghanistan as far back as the 7th century and are today considered an important ethnic group according to Afghanistan's constitution and national anthem. They are also known as Arab Afghans
or Afghan Arabs. Afghanistan is almost totally Muslim.

Persia became Iran in 1935. They are not Arab. They are historically a Indo European race. Caucasoid, if you please.

I am surmising that bodrul is from a country that has not been warring in Iraq or Afghanistan. It must be horrible to have a child come home in a coffin, especially when other peoples are dissing your country's soldiers for doing what they must. Human life holds great value in the US, we are a civilized and progressive nation, despite what some may think.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I will be hated for this thread, but I cannot help myself. A police state is bankrupting this country, and killing young men and women who just might have been the genius who cured cancer.

No you won't, not from me... We need to either take the gloves completely off, or stop this half ass approach...

It's referendum time. If the countries want us gone, we leave. No hemming, no humming, we pack up and leave.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by lombozo

No you won't, not from me... We need to either take the gloves completely off, or stop this half ass approach...

It's referendum time. If the countries want us gone, we leave. No hemming, no humming, we pack up and leave.

Thanks seagull. And you wonder why I like you. We think quite the same. Stay cool, and tell your sister I said hello.

new topics

top topics

join