It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Link Between Reptiles and Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Genetic Link Between Reptiles and Humans

www.sciencedaily.com

Scientists at the Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease (GICD) have traced the evolution of the four-chambered human heart to a common genetic factor linked to the development of hearts in turtles and other reptiles.
The research, published in the September 3 issue of the journal Nature, shows how a specific protein that turns on genes is involved in heart formation in turtles, lizards and humans.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Another genetic link between humans and reptiles is scientifically asserted.

An “evolutionary” step (allowing the transition from a cold blooded reptile to a warm blooded mammal), along with our reptilian brain, the most ancient and successful part of our grey matter shows that we are still physiologically tied to our reptilian ancestors.

We are still a long way from fully comprehending all the processes involved in development of modern humans.

As many of you are probably aware, David Icke has put forward interesting theories regarding reptilian bloodlines (see links above)

And raises further questions regarding the potential development of reptilian humanoids - (see wikipedia link above regarding reptilian humanoids)

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-9-2009 by suziwong]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Two or three days ago I've read we were all mutant and now we discovered we share common link with reptiles, is this me or it seems more and more we are an living genetics experience? We have so much link from all every species, chimp of course but also kangaroo and other species and now add reptiles to the list.

Can a scientist tell me if others animal species share the same numbers of genetics link as we have?

I just can't understand how can we had all this genetics in our DNA if we are supposed to not being able to procreate with other animal species, I mean we can't have sex with snake or turtle so how their genetics are our DNA?

And how a cold blooded species can turn in a warm blooded one?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

tottally awsome question dude, cant wait to hear the feed back from that one

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Something like 25% shared dna with all dna based life forms, 97% with primates, and like 3% is our own dna.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thaknobodi

Does that mean 3% DNA is unique from all other known species?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Since part of our brain is reptilian I would think it's obvious that we have some link with them.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

[edit on 4/9/09 by Twisted-Inside-Out]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by Twisted-Inside-Out

the part that is reptillian is the part that controls us

(just so you know that was sarcasm!)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Twisted-Inside-Out

I put a link in the OP about the reptilian brain - this is not a thread of revalation that we have a reptilian link - but more questioning the possibilitites of missing links within that age of development - reptilian humonoids that have been seen, described and theorised about for many years -check out the wikipedia link above.
Evolution or DNA experimentation - a big question well pointed out by Ufopunx

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
David Icke always said that our baser instincts come from our reptilian brain. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
maybe dinosaurs didn't go extinct, they evolved into US.

humanoid that is.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by feedpeopletosharks

A very interesting concept. What if they evolved into something like us? Up-right walking with thumbs.

Makes me wonder sometimes if given enough time and right set of circumstances if there aren't maybe fish people and crustacean people out there somewhere. I bet there are.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
that explains why people are so evil.

ive always said that reptiles are absolutely evil.

kill eat sleep reproduce rinse repeat

can anyone point this to reptilians in the earth theory?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
From LINK

"Reptilian humanoids of varying depictions have appeared in the myths and legends of various cultures.

[edit] Europe
Cecrops I, the mythical first King of Athens was half man, half snake. This is illustrated, for example, on a frieze on the Pergamon Altar in Pergamum. In these images from Pergamum, some of which depict gigantomachy, one sees the giant Klyteros with huge serpents between his legs. Boreas (Aquilon to the Romans) was the Greek god of the cold north wind, described by Pausanias as a winged man with serpents between his legs.[1] The ancient Greek cult of Glycon worshipped a snake god who had the head of a man. The Lamia, a child-devouring female demon from Greek mythology, was half woman, half serpent.

[edit] India
In Indian scriptures and legends, the Nāga (Devanagari: नाग) are reptilian beings said to live underground and interact with human beings on the surface. In some versions, these beings were said to have once lived on a continent in the Indian Ocean that sank beneath the waves. Indian texts also refer to a reptilian race called the "Sarpa" (Devanagari: सर्प). The Syrictæ of India (not to be confused with the Sciritae of ancient Greece) were a legendary tribe of men with snake-like nostrils in place of noses and bandy serpentine legs.[citation needed]

[edit] East Asia
In China, Korea and Japan, underwater realms are referred to where the Dragon Kings and their descendants live, as well as a lineage of humans descended from a race of dragons[citation needed]. This lineage was often claimed by East Asian emperors, who were believed to be able to change from human to dragon form at will[citation needed].

[edit] Biblical
In the Book of Genesis, God punishes the serpent for deceiving Eve into eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil by decreeing, "Upon thy belly thou shalt go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of your life" (Genesis 3:14 KJV). Traditionally, many[2] have felt this implied that the serpent (a snake or reptile) had legs before then. It is therefore sometimes portrayed in Western art as a humanoid with a snake's tail, and sometimes lizard-like feet, as in a detail from Bosch's Last Judgement.

[edit] Mesoamerica

Quetzalcoatl in reptilian humanoid formQuetzalcoatl, the "feathered serpent", was the creator god and sky god of the Aztecs. He was variously depicted as a man, a serpent, or a reptilian humanoid.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
reply to post by feedpeopletosharks

A very interesting concept. What if they evolved into something like us? Up-right walking with thumbs.

didnt one of the raptors have thumbs?

en.wikipedia.org...

Because of these features scientists regard Troodon as a member of the Maniraptora. Its eyes were large (perhaps suggesting nocturnal activity) and slightly forward facing, giving Troodon some depth perception. In fact most reconstructions give Troodon eyes which point in a more forwards direction than almost any other dinosaur, which implies that it had better binocular vision than most dinosaurs. Their light skulls contained a capsule similar to those found in ostrich dinosaurs.

Troodon had one of the largest known brains of any dinosaur, relative to its body mass[2] (comparable to modern birds). Hence it is believed to have been one of the most intelligent dinosaurs, even more intelligent than mammals of that era.

Holtz (1998) also noted that characteristics used to support a predatory habit for Troodon - the grasping hands, large brain and stereoscopic vision, are all characteristics shared with the herbivorous/omnivorous primates and omnivorous Procyon (raccoon).

or its this for sure

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
From LINK

"Reptilian humanoids of varying depictions have appeared in the myths and legends of various cultures.

[edit] Europe
.... the giant Klyteros with huge serpents between his legs.

dont know if im drawing the wrong conclusion from this word or not.

sorry for derail.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

I guess the best 'guess' answer to your question is simply that we all evolved on this planet. Well, according to those that follow that line of thought. Me, I'm still researching and learning just as our scientists are doing. For anyone to say "Darwin is right, period!" is just plain closed mindedness. This is displayed by the ever expanding discoveries of the close ties we share with many of the species that live on this very planet.

Let alone the possible other theories of alien DNA splicing and so on.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

who can say what sort of heirarchical structures existed in the days of the dinosaur. Perhaps there were jurassic councils, with humans in the mix. if so it would explain why we are so inclined to war with everything that moves.

life has been going on here on this planet for a loooong time, and probably much longer throughout the universe!

DNA is the ultimate shapeshifter!

ANYTHING is possible!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by feedpeopletosharks]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Haha. beats me, you'd have to ask someone who knows, i'm just repeating "facts."

new topics

top topics

join