It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor shot by police, caught on video.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWH44
reply to post by jprophet420

Then, I'm sorry to say, that you clearly grew up in a very sheltered environment. Which isn't bad, in fact, if you had that sort of idyllic upbringing, then you have not had the distraction of fear to prevent you from pursing your goals and education. However, I've got bad news for you; it can be an ugly world out there. It is full of evil people that would never think twice about taking your life to fulfill whatever wants they have. Life is cheap to some. If you have never encountered people like that, then consider yourself lucky. As a law enforcement officer, I can tell you that we do encounter these types of people. Our very nature puts us into these encounters. We are usually dealing with the bad people in the world. We are there when things are at their worst. The problem is, you usually cannot tell who is who until the violence starts. Every person we deal with has the potential to be one of those that would not think twice about pulling a gun and using it. We have to REACT to the actions of others. And often these reactions are life and death reactions.

Don't blame police officers for the state of our degraded moral fabric.

How is that clear? I wasn't sheltered at all. There is no possible way a car moving AWAY from you can possibly present potential intent...

3. Did the pastor have the POTENTIAL INTENT to inflict death or greivous bodily harm? YES. Even driving your vehicle AT an officer is grounds for deadly force.

HE WAS NOT DRIVING THE VEHICLE AT THE OFFICER WHEN HE WAS SHOT.

He shot the guy through the passenger window. There is no possible way a rational human being could perceive that (driving AWAY) as intent to do anything but get away.

<< 1  2   >>

join