It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One giant slip in Bangladesh news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

One giant slip in Bangladesh news

news.bbc.co.uk

Two Bangladeshi newspapers have apologised after publishing an article taken from a satirical US website which claimed the Moon landings were faked.

The Daily Manab Zamin said US astronaut Neil Armstrong had shocked a news conference by saying he now knew it had been an "elaborate hoax".

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theonion.com

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh well, I suppose this illustrates how gullible people can be if they take the internet as being the "voice of truth". I wonder how many people on these very boards have been fooled like the Bangladeshi journalists.

I suppose they could have done worse.

I post what I think may have been the article in the Onion...

Regards

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Onion, the only real credible source of information you could ever get

How don't they watch their videos or read other articles, is this that we call a journalist, ok so I'll send my CV right now!!!

Just remember me the "classified" video

[edit on 9/4/09 by ufopunx]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
lol why on earth would you actually print something like that, they must have known the risks of printing this.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
I post what I think may have been the article in the Onion...

So that's a satirical article in the Onion?

Because I'll bet there are plenty of people who think that's the truth, except they probably think Armstrong was in on the hoax.

Enough ignorant and gullible people believe in that hoax theory to make it not too surprising that a newspaper with such people on staff picked it up and published it.

But it's unfortunate the Bangladeshi papers published it, though at least they apologized for it.

I'm surprised you didn't put some words like "moon landing hoax" in the subject, your topic might get more views that way!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibex08
lol why on earth would you actually print something like that, they must have known the risks of printing this.

It's satire.

Anyone who reads the Onion and knows English as their first language, knows that the Onion is satire. It's a joke, a parody.

It attempts to look like the news. It has been around a long time now. It's just for fun, a humor website. Unfortunately, if English isn't your mother tongue, you may not get the joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Well, English is not my main language but I can laughing out loud while watching or reading their news, it remember me the news in the robocop movies

That's what I call the American humour, we need more of it here in Europe and less of your politics

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Well, English is not my main language but I can laughing out loud while watching or reading their news, it remember me the news in the robocop movies

That's what I call the American humour, we need more of it here in Europe and less of your politics

Oh my friend I agree with you entirely!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No! No! No! I keep telling you! Neil Armstrong walked on the Moon, not Neil Diamond.

top topics

join