It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far-Right Site (WND) Gains Influence in Obama Era

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
reply to post by crimvelvet

I'm willing to bet the same people who fund and support WND are the same people who work ... for the Republican party ... .

They will only publish stories with one certain agenda - they only wish to shine a damaging light on one side of corruption while propping up another. And the ends do not justify the means.

Isn't THIS way of thinking precisely why Obama and Lloyd want to punish certain broadcasters to benefit others?

Why can't I buy the paper, listen to the station or visit the sites that cater to my point of view, regardless of political ideology, or even veracity?

Just as you point out with the "Onion" reference, truth and facts do not play any part in assessing the value or worthiness of "speech."

As I noted above, most of your critique can apply to Daily Kos, Air America, Garofalo, Olbermann and Cooper. Hell, even DAN RATHER got called on blatant fakery. He's still on the air!

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Wouldn’t your reportage have been more accurate and more honest if you just attacked Corsi straight on?

Your linked article is actually based on HOW ACCURATE WND WAS in their revelations of Van Jones’ leftist and radical leanings.

On April 12, the conservative Website WorldNetDaily published an expose on newly appointed White House “green czar” Van Jones that labeled the environmental activists a “an admitted radical communist and black nationalist leader.”
Based on readily available online sources, including an alternative weekly paper in Oakland, California, Aaron Klein’s piece had a sensational title–”Will a ‘red’ help blacks go green?”–and a sensational spin. In the 2005 profile of Jones that Klein cited, reporter Eliza Strickland recalled Jones’s first year out of Yale Law School … when he … got swept up in mass arrests,” then came to sympathize with the black radicals and communists who’d been arrested with him, before … becom[ing] an environmental activist.

washingtonindependent.com...

In fact, your focus on Cori is entirely personal, as the article upon which you claim to base this thread mentions him only in passing, and only as a foil for left-wing criticism of the WND site overall!

Face it. WND was CORRECT about Jones, and they’ve been accurate in many other regards, as the article (regretfully, it is clear) points out.

In fact, your “source” is an excellent example of an anti-WND.

Their “reporting” is clearly leftward-leaning, and even includes among their links, kos, Huffington and’ muckraker.’

Objective? Accurate? Fair?

That's up to the members.

Deny ignorance.

jw

new topics

<< 1   >>

join