It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US Seeks Military Exercises with China

page: 1
12

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

US Seeks Military Exercises with China


www.military.com

September 03, 2009
Associated Press

SYDNEY - Australia and the United States will invite China to take part in joint military exercises to help ease fears about China's growing military power and improve ties, the top U.S. military officer in the Pacific was quoted as saying in a report Thursday.

U.S. Admiral Timothy Keating and Australian Defense Force Commander Angus Houston met in Sydney this week and agreed to approach China's Ministry of National Defense about holding joint naval and land exercises "at the earliest opportunity," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Keating as sayin
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It’s just one great big happy and cozy New World Order family I tell you. Uncle Sam, the good folks from down under and our favorite Banker the Communist Chinese all get together to compare toys! I will show you mine if you show me yours, and even show you how I use it if you show me how you use yours.

It’s a splendid idea just in case there are accidently some U.S. Troops not bogged down in Afghanistan guarding Royal Dutch Shell’s oil pipeline, China’s copper mines, and the CIA’s heroin when Martial Law is declared for some real New World Order fun. The Chinese the darling child of the New World Order and the Powers that Be no longer consigned to the purgatory of a red headed step child will know all our military’s tricks and chain of command and how they communicate and function in the field! That ought to make things a bit easier for them when they come to knock on your door.

Of course Australia and the United States are issuing this invitation because they just want to convince the Chinese we can all play nicely! I bet they can too!


www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
hey, this sounds pretty unprecedented in my opinion!

i would much prefer to see these insanely militarized domineering world forces rendezvousing in the waters together than to have them hurling threats and insults at each other!!!

hey I was bored with the old world order anyways!



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by feedpeopletosharks
hey, this sounds pretty unprecedented in my opinion!

i would much prefer to see these insanely militarized domineering world forces rendezvousing in the waters together than to have them hurling threats and insults at each other!!!

hey I was bored with the old world order anyways!


Yes I know it all seems harmless enough on the surface.

Then you put troops in close proximity of one another, and that means you put spies in close proximity of one another.

Spies steal secrets, spies sell secrets. Life doesn't get any cozier for spies than when their armies are playing together with one another.

Spy A gives spy B the keys to the kingdom and the next time you go to push a button expecting something to go kaboom it goes fizzzzzzzzz instead.

Now you might think hey that's great until the other side goes to push their button and it does go kaboom and not fizzzzzzz.

Unfortunately it goes kaboom on top of our heads and then we have an ouchie!

Then we all have to sing the I am stuck on Bandaides song because Bandaides are stuck on me, which doesn't sound too bad until you have to go to pull the Bandaide off and it's a double ouchie!

I hope you understand much better now!



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Concerns about China's military expansion and strained relations between Beijing and Canberra highlight the need for improved military and diplomatic ties, Keating said.

"We are anxious to engage with them," the newspaper quoted him as saying. "We want to understand much better than we do now China's intentions."

On Wednesday, Keating told The Associated Press in New Zealand that the U.S. had resumed talks with China's military for the first time in 10 months, amid concerns in Washington over some of the weapons systems Beijing is developing.



I truly love these hard hitting journalistic masterpieces. "Over concerns in Washington over some of the weapons systems Beijing is developing".

Like what kind of new weapons systems? A new deadly Peking Duck, a toxic form of Wanton Soup, exploding Fortune Cookies?

Your guess is as good as mine. I wish we could get our own governments to disclose their intentions and what kind of weapons we have while we are at it.



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Doesn't participating in exercises give each country involved a better idea of the capabilities of the other countries? This is just too cozy for me.



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Of course Australia and the United States are issuing this invitation because they just want to convince the Chinese we can all play nicely! I bet they can too!


Actually our prime minister speaks fluent mandarin, so we have quite good relations with China. We were the first to bring up the war games with China, and the US follwed suit.

Its got nothing to do playing nicely



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   


Did everybody forget this??



Defence officials in the Obama Administration said that the incident, which took place on Sunday in international waters, followed several days of “increasingly aggressive” acts by Chinese ships in the region. The incident took place in the South China Sea, 75 miles south of Hainan Island.

The USNS Impeccable sprayed one ship with water from fire hoses to force it away. Despite the force of the water, Chinese crew members stripped to their underwear and continued closing in to within 25 feet, the Pentagon said.



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Doesn't participating in exercises give each country involved a better idea of the capabilities of the other countries? This is just too cozy for me.


It's a little too Cozy for me too. If we are going to get robbed blind to maintain an insanely expensive and corrupt Military Industrial Complex at least leave us with the illusion it serves some barbaric purpose for pity's sake!

The Powers that Be are just beyond cruel!



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


What surprises me is that the invitation for the third party is not England but the U.S. considering that Australia is a Common Wealth Country, you would think they would want the whole UK Army and Navy participating in this or...does this go without saying already because Australia is a Common Wealth Country and your forces are considered part of the UK's Navy and Army?

Enlightenment from the good folks down under please?



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69


Did everybody forget this??



Defence officials in the Obama Administration said that the incident, which took place on Sunday in international waters, followed several days of “increasingly aggressive” acts by Chinese ships in the region. The incident took place in the South China Sea, 75 miles south of Hainan Island.

The USNS Impeccable sprayed one ship with water from fire hoses to force it away. Despite the force of the water, Chinese crew members stripped to their underwear and continued closing in to within 25 feet, the Pentagon said.


Slayer!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!

I am still trying to forget the picture of the Chines Man wearing a Bra and Womens undergarments posted to that thread!

You are such a sadist!



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


What surprises me is that the invitation for the third party is not England but the U.S. considering that Australia is a Common Wealth Country, you would think they would want the whole UK Army and Navy participating in this or...does this go without saying already because Australia is a Common Wealth Country and your forces are considered part of the UK's Navy and Army?

Enlightenment from the good folks down under please?


Actually we arent considered part of the UK's forces now. Not sInce world war 2 in fact. We stopped taking advice from the British since they decided to use our troops as cannon fodder, and now we have one, if not the best trained military in the world. We are now a solitary country....and its good to see that we are able to broker such deals with newly developed countries (or superpowers) such as China. Having a Prime Minister that speaks Mandarin also helps quite a lot to


Now we just need to become a republic



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


Thanks for sharing that OzWeatherman. My understanding is that the U.S. Military had a pretty significant presence in Australia during World War II?

Do we still maintain a presence there and have bases? Do you think that they would actually conduct land maneuvers with all three Militaries on Australian soil like they used to do in Europe with NATO during the Cold War?

Barack Obama can speak Creole by the way???


Texas has bigger steaks!

Dolly Parton has bigger boobs than Ayer's Rock!

The Florida Keys are nicer than the Great Barrier Reef!

Just kidding about all the above stuff, but seriously if you can and do become a Republic will you rename Queensland?



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 


Thanks for sharing that OzWeatherman. My understanding is that the U.S. Military had a pretty significant presence in Australia during World War II?


Correct



Do we still maintain a presence there and have bases? Do you think that they would actually conduct land maneuvers with all three Militaries on Australian soil like they used to do in Europe with NATO during the Cold War?


You dont maintain a constant presence here, but your military is here quite a lot of the time for exercises, manouvers and bombing tests. The town I live in Woomera, was actually built by the US in the 50's (i think). Bomb and rocket etsts were done here, as its the middle of the desert, and mostly inhabitable.



Texas has bigger steaks!

Dolly Parton has bigger boobs than Ayer's Rock!

The Florida Keys are nicer than the Great Barrier Reef!

Just kidding about all the above stuff, but seriously if you can and do become a Republic will you rename Queensland?



Queensland is fine....as long as you get rid of the queenslanders



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 





You dont maintain a constant presence here, but your military is here quite a lot of the time for exercises, manouvers and bombing tests. The town I live in Woomera, was actually built by the US in the 50's (i think). Bomb and rocket etsts were done here, as its the middle of the desert, and mostly inhabitable.


That's very interesting! I knew we maintained a good portion of Puerto Rico as a bombing range (The natives are not happy about it) but I had no idea we had that sizable of involvement in Australia.

How do Australians feel about that? It seems like an incredibly cozy relationship. I imagine it has some decent economic benefits though.

Thanks for sharing!



new topics

top topics



 
12

log in

join