It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot #24 Largest Sunspot Maximum For 400 Years!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
#24 is going to be unimaginably MASSIVE,

Which occurs in 2012...

No S#I* !!

Most "Hams" are 'odd' people...

SUPREMELY intelligent,

'Some unusual traits'...

But well 'above average intelligence'

Fact.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BLUE ARMS

Are they pretty humble as well?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Check out Radio Hams...

Some VERY famous people are "Hams"

WHY ????????

HRH Prince Phillip..??? (No S**t)

(Is "RADIO" the 'Black-Arts?')

TESLA/MARCONI/EINSTEIN..??

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You have yet to present material to back up your theory of a massive solar maximum, without ignoring more up to date, evidence that does not support your theory.

Ah well. We only have to wait about 3 more years for time to disprove it I suppose.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I want to ask you another question, if you dont want to answer, it is okey..

What is your standpoint on the Global warming 'theory' ?
And , what do you base it on ! ?

Okey, all these replies and not One freggn Star or Flag to the OP !????

There should be an AutoStar system, like every 10 post is a flag or some thing ...
Serious, if a thread gets people talking and discussiong, it deserves flags, wether you agree to the OP or not ...
That is just my stupid oppinion though !!!

[edit on 4/9/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
RADIO HAMS are;

THE MEAK???

AS per Bible..

(do your reasearch)

??

BLUE ARMS.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLUE ARMS
Check out Radio Hams...

so a thread titled "Sunspot #24 Largest Sunspot Maximum for 400 Years!!" has now become a topic of famous HAMs? Disregarding the fact the title should actually read, "Solar Cycle #24 ..etc." not Sunspot #24

Humble indeed! as Phage mentioned..

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Are they pretty humble as well?

RADIO HAMS are;

THE MEAK???

AS per Bible..

(do your reasearch)

??

BLUE ARMS.

P.S. It's ALL about WAVE theory.

PLEASE do some reasearch;

Interesting FACT;

Radio Hams who encounter "Electromagnectic-Waves" have longer Life-Spans than the average person..??

Do your research..

Electro-magnetic-wave-theory

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils

Check out Radio Hams...

so a thread titled "Sunspot #24 Largest Sunspot Maximum for 400 Years!!" has now become a topic of famous HAMs? Disregarding the fact the title should actually read, "Solar Cycle #24 ..etc." not Sunspot #24

Humble indeed! as Phage mentioned..

Slightly splitting hairs,

Explain the difference between "Solar Cycle #24 ..etc." not Sunspot #24
"

Not the same ???

?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You have yet to present material to back up your theory of a massive solar maximum, without ignoring more up to date, evidence that does not support your theory.

Ah well. We only have to wait about 3 more years for time to disprove it I suppose.

Ever heard of pessimism???

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

? what is it with Phage ? dont you have own oppinions ! ?
'Lets wait and see what Phage and Chadwickus has as Debunk Ammo' .. Cheesus !!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ANYWAY.,,

All you BORED de-bunker-dweebs,

GET READY..

FORGET various 2012 "MYTHS"

THE SUNSPOT "11 YEAR CYCLE" is an unfortunate FACT that is at MAXIMUM in 2012..

OOoorrrrrr DDeeaaaarrrrrrr......!!!!!

Never mind,

DX will be

FANTASTIC,

(BIG UP THE 12VOLT BRIGADE)

[edit on 4-9-2009 by BLUE ARMS]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Solar cycle is the periodic variation of the sun, dependant on the magnetic activity of the sun. It lasts approx 11 years and is observed by counting the number and placement of sunspots.

Sunspots are actual visual spots on the sun, which are formed by induction and the magnetic activity of the sun.

Also should be noted that the sun usually undergoes a magnetic reversal where its poles flip, and is usually noted by lots of sunspots appearing near the sun's equator. should also be of interest that it can actually skip this magnetic reversal on occasion also.

so solar cycle 24 would be our current solar cycle. sunspot #24 would be the 24th sunspot observed? Slightly misleading though I think most people understood the topic.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Solar cycle is the periodic variation of the sun, dependant on the magnetic activity of the sun. It lasts approx 11 years and is observed by counting the number and placement of sunspots.

Sunspots are actual visual spots on the sun, which are formed by induction and the magnetic activity of the sun.

Also should be noted that the sun usually undergoes a magnetic reversal where its poles flip, and is usually noted by lots of sunspots appearing near the sun's equator. should also be of interest that it can actually skip this magnetic reversal on occasion also.

so solar cycle 24 would be our current solar cycle. sunspot #24 would be the 24th sunspot observed? Slightly misleading though I think most people understood the topic.

""Slightly misleading though I think most people understood the topic""

Explain?????

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Solar cycle is not 11 years per cycle by clockwork. Its approximately 11 years.

And
reply to post by ChemBreather

I agreed with phage's humility comment considering OP alluded to HAM users being of greater intelligence, and then being ignorant in the fact of the error in his title which I ignored for the first three pages of the thread. There's a reason that the great minds of this world don't have to shout and prove their measure from the rooftops-- their work and observations prove it for them.

I make up my own observations and my own opinions. If phage happens to agree-- neat, still doesn't change a thing though.

And back to topic. My opinion and prediction is indeed, that we will have a delayed, and less potent solar maximum than Hathaway predicted in 2006. I have provided source material and points brought up in prior posts to this thread, which now seems to be lost in the quips and infighting due to people disagreeing.

Research. Provide sources and linked information and present your topic in a factual manner. I am open to modifying my theory of this solar cycle if something can be shown contrary to my thought. If I was not open to that ability I would not still be posting here.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Bottom line,

Scientific studies (some since discontinued?) have revealed,

2012 holds the MOST turbulent time for our Sun, in at least the last 400 years,

Simple fact,

Nasa, now pull the 'strings'

Monuments on Mars, Moon landing, UFO's in orbit, Garry Mckinnon, etc.

PLEASE...............

DO..............

NOT.............

TAKE............

MY...............

WORD.............

FOR...............

IT............

LISTEN;

0-30MHZ USB/LSB

&

144-1296MHZ

CW,AM,FM,USB,LSB

THE TRUTH IS "CLEARLY" AVAILABLE

HF is the way

0-30Mhz.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

""Slightly misleading though I think most people understood the topic""

Explain?????

Explained:

Sunspot 24 would mean "The 24th sunspot". However, I think most people understood you meant "Solar Cycle 24", as people rarely refer to sunspots by number beyond saying, "Well there were 130 sunspots during the maximum of SC 23". That is what I meant by slightly misleading.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

QUOTE"" their work and observations prove it for them.""

I couldn't agree more with you,

If the Sunspot 2012 information is not enough for you to realise that the "intelligent" Hams have unlocked the key to 2012, the same people who invented RADIO I don't know what will,

OK,

Arthur C. Clarke was a Radio Ham..

(He was Big on Fractle Theory - "CH4 programme - Colours of infinity)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think you are misusing "Fact" as "theory"

The same way that we use "theories" in science such as the Theory of relativity. It has not been made a law because certain circumstances prevent the theory from being able to be applied omnipotently.

Definition of 'fact':

A fact is a pragmatic truth, a statement that can, at least in theory, be checked and confirmed. Facts are often contrasted with opinions and beliefs, statements which are held to be true, but are not amenable to pragmatic confirmation.

In otherwords.. a statement that can be PROVEN. 2012 cannot be proven, it can only be theorized upon. Do I think something will happen in 2012? Most definately! But that does not diffuse from my position that we won't be looking at a grand solar maximum in that year.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am a Ham Radio Operator and I am also looking forward to great HF propagation durring the peak of the cycle although, there also could be some adverse effects to the power grid, sattelites and computer networks.

All we can do is wait and see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join