It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

42% of Parents Don't Want their Children Watching Obama Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I would be interested to see a link to where Reagan or either Bush presented a speech to the public school system across the nation..

I for one have never heard of it..

Semper

You said what I already was thinking.

No president has EVER taken time from his job to address this one segment of the population.

You obviously didn't read far enough into the thread....

And your adamant position toward an incorrect version of history seems to discredit your ability to form an opinion of merit.

You see, both Reagan and Bush Senior did this exact same thing.

Under 13 years old, in school, and impressionable. And the Assignment that is go go along with it. Have you heard about this? Obama wanting the students that hear his speech to write to him with suggestions about how they can help HIM do his job.....

I know .. Crazy right? That's exactly what George Bush Senior asked us to to back when he was in office and I watched him on TV during school.

The last person I can remember to address a nations youth was Hitler. And these days the US looks more and more like 1939 Germany.

Well that just goes to show how little you can trust your memory.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
No president has EVER taken time from his job to address this one segment of the population. Under 13 years old, in school, and impressionable. And the Assignment that is go go along with it. Have you heard about this? Obama wanting the students that hear his speech to write to him with suggestions about how they can help HIM do his job.....

Bush laid out goals — to increase the graduation rate, improve student competency and better prepare students for entering school — and said, "Let me know how you're doing. Write me a letter. I'm serious about this one. Write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals."

Not only have several US Presidents addressed school children in the past, George Bush Sr was the one who asked school children to write to him. Obama isn't asking them to do that at all, the teachers are asking the kids to write a letter to themselves.

The last person I can remember to address a nations youth was Hitler.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well the Republicans and racist lost the election. Presidents do presidential things regardless of the losing sides wishes. Obama won the right to lead the Nation based on his personal politics weather you like it or not. I suggest people just shut up and eat your sour grapes quietly.

Get out and vote, try and get your friends to vote but stop crying about every lil thing he does. After all it was a Republican in charge on 911, it was a Republican at the helm when USA economy hit the Iceberg. Past republican political ideals FAILED to work after having the majority in all the government for 8 years.

Republican ideals fail the USA completely. Get some new ideas and come back and whip Obama in the elections rather than trying to subvert our natural government.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I honestly would like to see a good little NAZI , KKK , and conservitive , and liberal present their best argument in the light of day .
give a full blown " here I am , and what I think " ...

the problem is not what they say... its that critical thinking is not valued in the school system .

the teacher can say , this is the way it is ... the president then agree's with them ... then the teacher says ... see , this is the way it is !

and your kid has nothing like the critical thinking skills needed to disagree.

its a school ! the kid is not there to disagree .
take the test , get the grade , move on .

political indoctrination has no place in a class room .

but no sun shine will fall on the ideas they fill your kids head with .
because .. you have not a clue what is told to them.
but you know where these teachers learn'd their stuff... , so its a pretty good bet what they will teach .

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

when and if the american people ever blindly , passivly , AND QUIETLY ... just eat their sour grapes ...
its time to move to russia .

when lib/dem's ever stand and talk about their integrated
philosophy , core beleifs , and conceptual values ... I will eat my pine nuts and shut up .

untill then , get over it ... my current president is a very nice man , easily said to be intelegant , friendly and smart .

no diffrent than bush , reagan , or teddy kennidy .

the problem is , nut cases thing we need to follow blindly , and I for one am a sheepdog ... not a lamb , when you are under attack , I will take care of myself , as well as take care of you .

I will deffend to my death , your right to say stupid things .
but lets keep it civil , polite , and in the sun light , among adults .

when you play games , let me know the rules so we can rip each other in the red clay of Idea's ....

never mess with a persons kids , thats kidda low .

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

just so everyone knows the thread hunka is referring to is pretty debated his source is a blog who claims that there was nothing partisan about GHWB and Reagans speeches until recently when all this controversy came into play ... the blog writer ruins any credit he had, which for me was little to none

and on the subject of this speech its a stunt, future voters in HS will be able to vote when hes up for re election... why did obama have to be such a tool... really this isnt about partisan politics its just a way to muster support

and i will agree with a previous poster 700 people are not an accurate representation of America and this article is from a really far right source if my eyes aren't deceiving me

[edit on 7-9-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So take your kids out of school that day--
enough said

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Dawn 09

I can't say that I blame them. I'm a bit surprised that the statistic is so high and very glad! I wouldn't want my child brainwashed by the next 'puppet hitlerian regime' either. At the beginning Hitler swept the masses and also put a great deal of effort into the children. He knew that the children were one of the keys to running a totalitarian rulership.

This guy is no fool and has been groomed to sweep the masses off their feet from the time he was a kid. Clever means he will go for the kids and be oh so loved. I'm just grateful that there are quite a number of people who can see right through him and this whole global agenda scam.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Egyptia]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't think the issue is the Obama speech, rather having school broadcast political messages.
I would like schools to teach every kid politics so they are more aware of the world they are living in, but not a propaganda tool for the TPTB.

and yeah that poll seems a bit biased anyways

[edit on 7-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here is something I didn't know.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
09/08/09 7:11 AM EDT

The controversy over President Obama's speech to the nation's schoolchildren will likely be over shortly after Obama speaks today at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia. But when President George H.W. Bush delivered a similar speech on October 1, 1991, from Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington DC, the controversy was just beginning. Democrats, then the majority party in Congress, not only denounced Bush's speech --

they also ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate its production and later summoned top Bush administration officials to Capitol Hill for an extensive hearing on the issue.

Democrats did not stop with words. Rep. William Ford, then chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee, ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate the cost and legality of Bush's appearance.

I don't understand politicians, democrats and republicans say they want the countries best interest at heart,

yet,

They do everything they can to create division,

throw all the bums out.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The last person I can remember to address a nations youth was Hitler. And these days the US looks more and more like 1939 Germany.

You know, I see some crazy stuff on this forum at times, but this thread is in a league of its own. I think I would prefer to read another hundred BS threads on Nibiru rather than the veiled racism that I am seeing here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
While superficially encouraging, 90% of these people didn’t have a problem with Bush’s psychobabble propaganda, simply because he had the correct letter next to his name. The false left-right paradigm has succeeded wildly in programming people into an us-them mentality. The fact that the much touted ’change’ theme of Obeyme’s campaign has resulted in less than a 1% change in actual policy seems lost on them.

Well, at least some people are waking up in some form or fashion.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

You know, I see some crazy stuff on this forum at times, but this thread is in a league of its own. I think I would prefer to read another hundred BS threads on Nibiru rather than the veiled racism that I am seeing here.

Exactly...

it is appalling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join