It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck had my attention until this....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well for starters, I don't much care for the czars in power, not being elected officials and all, but that isn't for this thread. nor is any other of Jone's policies.

This is a thread about a true lining coming out from Beck that has finally reached me.

I have been following Beck since the start of this mess, and he really is stirring up a lot of mess. I agree with him that a lot of trouble could be avoided and czars are scary, but this is something new.

I receive Beck's newsletter, and this is one of the headlines in it.

Jones a Truther?

Yesterday Glenn brought you even more disturbing news about Green Jobs Czar Van Jones. He signed his name on a 9/11 truther statement. If you don't know what a 9/11 truther is, they essentially believe the United States government knew in advance of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and purposefully let them happen. Jones released a statement to the media that did not deny he signed his name, he just says he doesn't agree with the 9/11 truther petition. Uh huh. STORY

This is from the STORY link, found here:
www.cbsnews.com...

The online petition, issued in October 2004, demanded an "immediate inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur." The signatories called for an investigation into "incriminating evidence" they said either was ignored or not sufficiently considered by the Kean Commission, which was set up to look into the circumstances surrounding the attacks.

To me this is the only thing Jones has done right in my eyes, but then again, I've been listening to Beck too much

But for Beck to ridicule someone over wanting a BETTER investigation is complete rubbish. In fact, after all the "fact hunting" that he has been doing against the administration, he should at least applaud this one tini-tiny tidbit of good right?

I think it shows a motive, rather than true patriotism that he displays.

Once again, I have been following Beck's coverage of this admin and agree 98% of the time with what he has been saying, but this left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Keep listening with an informed mind and with unshielded eyes and many more truths will become apparent.

Sooner or later that bitter taste of the poison will leach through the masking sweetness being shoved into your mouth.

Beck is not alone in the battle for your mind and soul.

There are many and their name is Legion.

I could not resist that last line; it was so fitting in such a duplicitous way.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

haha i liked the last bit.

i know its true. i was so disappointed though. i thought maybe, JUST MAYBE, fox had one un-biased source.

ITS ALL TAINTED!

that or maybe he thinks he will lose people unless he doesnt completely denounce some of these people.

in that case, however, i wouldn't have even brought it up.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
shows 2 motives

1 glen is a nwo puppet
2 will say anything to get a story

greedy spineless nwo puppet with a big mouth and a flock of sheep...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

What political party was in control during 9/11, both in the Whitehouse and Congress?

I think therein lies the answer as to why Beck is ridiculing 9/11 truthers. He has been, and always will be, a partisan shill that's out for his own ratings first and foremost.

That doesn't mean all of what he says is a lie, but the ends do not justify the means. When you have someone willing to bend/distort/ridicule the truth in some areas, you bet they'd be willing to do it in most others if it benefits them. That's why Beck should be taken with a gram of salt.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You do realize that when questioned..Van Jones said he didnt know what he was signing ....right? So does that make him look bad now?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
You do realize that when questioned..Van Jones said he didnt know what he was signing ....right? So does that make him look bad now?

yeah looks like he cringed at the attention, and back-tracked like a wuss.

both sides are so scared of losing their position with their sides, its retarded.

p.s. i love it when people right retarted... that always gives you leverage in an argument.

[edit on 9/4/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't watch Glenn Beck. I get all my news from you guys.

Given the content of the Op, I'm not so sure that Beck is slamming Jones for being a truther. It seems to me like he's focusing more on the idea that Jones is back peddling.

It ticks me off too. If Jones had the balls to agree with the demand for another investigation, he should have the balls to stick behind his decision. If he's not going to stick to his beliefs where the new investigation is concerned, why would he stick to them when other difficult decisions need to be made.

Jones is a sellout and he NEEDS to be outed for what he is. But I suppose if he's a back-pedaling liar, then he should fit right in in Washington.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

i think that may have been the better read of that.

Sounded to me at first that he didnt care what stance he took afterwards really, just that he signed the petition.

Did i jump the gun on that?

new topics

top topics

join