It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland's Unbelievably Good Commercial for Marriage Equality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This thread Leo123, correct me if I'm mistaken, is about gay marriages, not about gay people raising children.

thx

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Boy that cried homophobe:
Manufacturing hate for trivial reasons will get us nowhere. The word marriage is sacred. Equal tax cuts are not.
No one cares that marriage might be a special thing to a group of people, and i find that odd.
I guess my point is that an easy fix would be to have marriage, a christian institution, taken back, to be replaced by the much more neutral word, union.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Boy that cried homophobe:
Manufacturing hate for trivial reasons will get us nowhere. The word marriage is sacred. Equal tax cuts are not.
No one cares that marriage might be a special thing to a group of people, and i find that odd.
I guess my point is that an easy fix would be to have marriage, a christian institution, taken back, to be replaced by the much more neutral word, union.

How do you mean noone cares that marriage is a special thing to a group of people?

-sorry, I'm not following you

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Fantastic!

I didn't see it coming -- the end that is.

Just brilliant!

It makes a good point. I hope it jolts a few people to see how it really is.

What was it about the ending that you liked?

There was some dark text on a dark background that I couldn't read. All I could make out was MARRIAGEQUALITY.
I couldn't read anything else.

Thanks...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by leo123

That might be true. Just because two gay people marry, doesn't mean they will adopt.

As for evidence. Whatever you have, I guarantee there's plenty that disagrees with it.

Because many pro-conservative groups will happily twist data to fit their beliefs. But twisting data doesn't make it reality. (Just as there are probably pro-homosexual groups that will also twist data)

Hi Miraj:

Sometimes, rather than going through quantum leaps and multiple links to prove my point, I like to reply upon the good old fashioned "COMMON SENSE" argument.

Regards

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The suicide of the West continues

while its replacement grows

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

exactly!!
marriage is defined differently by christians compared to others, or vica versa. It's like society or the government or whomever, somewhere along the line, has turned the word marriage into something political instead of it being purely religious and exclusive to the religion it pertains to.

Do christians really care if homsexuals get an equal tax break??? like really??? Go ahead, there's some nutbars out there but mostly they just don't like an ideal that belongs to them being hijacked by those not involved.
I don't know, let gays have their unions. Let the religious have their marriages. Make the taxation equal.
lol. the whole equal thing is all about how much the government takes from us it's hilarious to me.
The government could've remedied this long ago, sigh.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
This thread Leo123, correct me if I'm mistaken, is about gay marriages, not about gay people raising children.

thx

Originally posted by DYepes
Hell, I think they have every right to adopt children as well.

Hi lifecitizen:

Threads evolve - roll with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Common sense is rarely common. And many times, common sense is flawed anyways.

Take gay marriage for instance.

Say a person is a very extremely anti-gay person. Common sense would dictate that this person really just hates gay people. However, psychology has taught us that.. sometimes it's just a defense mechanism people use to cope with something they were taught was wrong. There've been many pastors and politicians that has been found involved with homosexual activities even though they were very outspoken anti-gay.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Sounds good to me.

Gays, and heterosexuals not interested in a religious marriage can just become unions.

Religious people can have marriages, but legally they can just be called union.

That way whether a person is married can be left up to the religious institutions. But, that's too logical for politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
What most gays forget is mosts striaghts could give a rats ass about them having a legal union, but they need to respect the fact homosexuals are not a procreating couple entering into a traditional heterosexual marriage in the sense of the term.

That is where the problems lies, gays don't seem to respect the fact they are equal, but different.

Namely, hey ur nice people but we have our own party and you are not invited.

Go have your own party and stop trying to crash ours.

And we are rather protective of our own party. Understand?

We have our morals and you have yours. We don't try to change your morals, but you can certainly expect a negative response if you attempt to change our morals.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by leo123]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

What two consenting adults do behind closed doors is nobody's business.

Two souls wanting to unite in marriage should not be told they cannot by any state or any person.

People should concern themselves with their own business and live and let live.

I have heard more people protesting gay marriages than the war in Iraq.

Humanity needs to grow up.

Making war is bad
Contributing to the pollution of Mother Earth is bad
Killing off thousands of species each year is bad
Any society that allows some to be able to buy a $20,000 pair of shoes while babies and the elderly go to bed hungry is bad
Allowing Big Business / Corporate America to control our government is bad

Most people in power are tyrants and bad (not all but most)

Gay marriages is the least of our problems.

We are still killing not only each other off via "war" but we're also majorly messing up our planet.

All adults should be free to choose whom to marry period.

Again this issue is due to some people want the power to tell others what they can and cannot do behind closed doors in the sanctuary of their homes.

Power over others seems to be a human need.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The part that struck me was the statement near the end:
"How would you feel if you had to ask 4 million people for permission to get married?"
I thought it hammered home the prejudice involved. Everybody else takes marriage as a right, gay people have to get everyone else's permission.

Blatant yet poignant I thought.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

exactly!!
marriage is defined differently by christians compared to others, or vica versa. It's like society or the government or whomever, somewhere along the line, has turned the word marriage into something political instead of it being purely religious and exclusive to the religion it pertains to.

Do christians really care if homsexuals get an equal tax break??? like really??? Go ahead, there's some nutbars out there but mostly they just don't like an ideal that belongs to them being hijacked by those not involved.
I don't know, let gays have their unions. Let the religious have their marriages. Make the taxation equal.
lol. the whole equal thing is all about how much the government takes from us it's hilarious to me.
The government could've remedied this long ago, sigh.

Um, exactly!!! what?

I asked you a question? wasn't aware I made a statement?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Vince

I'm taking it you have a problem with Muslims

I guess it must be disheartening to Christians that Christianity is losing it's power but for me I couldnt care less- all religions suck in my book.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I don't know where you get the idea that the term "marriage" is religious? I grew up in a family where religion played a very minor role.

Whether someone got married in church or got married at City Hall, it was always called "marriage" just the same where I grew up.

Its only since gay marriage has become an issue that now I hear so many people saying the term belongs only to religion. It does not and never has been exclusively a religious thing around here.

I personally don't believe in marriage anyway and have taken to refusing to attend weddings when invited. But if two guys, or two girls want to get married, well that's their problem, and no-one else's.
End of story.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That's right Wayno

People can choose to get married in a church, or in their garden, or down at the beach- marriage isn't something exclusive to religion.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Vince

I'm taking it you have a problem with Muslims

I guess it must be disheartening to Christians that Christianity is losing it's power but for me I couldnt care less- all religions suck in my book.

I have no problem with anyone. It's they who have a problem with my government and my religion.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well Vince, I would reply to that, but this is not that topic. So let us keep the generalizations of Muslims in another thread please please PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!?

Now we had a friend we knew in middle school through high school who had lesbian parents. He was very shy and not too self confident when we met him, so we helped him out, we invited to play football with us, and we accepted him into our group of friends. I dont really blame the way he was on his parents, because in school there were just as many kids from straight or single parent homes who were the same personality.

My point is while you may think that all kids with gay parents are going to be harrassed to the point of suicide, that is just not true anymore. This was in the early of the decade when I was in school and we were all very accepting of our friend Sammy with a lesbian parents.

I duunno it may have had to do with none of us were any kind of active church goers, because honestly I always found in school was that the active church going students were more likely to harass any homosexual students but that was my personal observations in my school here in Tampa , Fl.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah you can have Sineads hand in marrige, but not Johns hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join