It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland's Unbelievably Good Commercial for Marriage Equality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Ireland's Unbelievably Good Commercial for Marriage Equality

gayrights.change.org

This may just be the best commercial out there on the subject of marriage equality. And it comes from Ireland, and the group "MarriagEquality". Watching this ad, "Sinead's Hand," makes it crystal clear that putting the question of marriage on the ballot is not only ludicrous, but it's offensive as hell. This Fall, the state of Maine will vote on whether gay and lesbian couples should have equal rights to marriage. It's important to win that vote.

But the premise behind putting civil rights on statewide ballots smacks in the face of the types of protections and rights that governm
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I agree with this article. Very good commercial and it really does drive the point home, I think. Of course, the only people who are going to agree with them are the people who already agree with them, which is kind of sad, really.

The you tube video for those who don't want to watch it from the article:

gayrights.change.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good commercial.

Man I wish I could visit Ireland.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Great commercial. It's good to see the overall attitude towards gay marriage in the developed world is finally starting to hit a tipping point. I would never have thought I'd see a commercial for gay marriage anywhere 10 (or even 5) years ago.

Kudos, Ireland! Equality for all

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Great Vid
Thanks for posting. I am going to pass this to a few of my friends. They will apprecaite it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
wow that is a good ad, very powerful! Hope it gets the message through to some people.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Fantastic!

I didn't see it coming -- the end that is.

Just brilliant!

It makes a good point. I hope it jolts a few people to see how it really is.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This video does not speak for all of Ireland.

Translation: "Good" propaganda for family-destroying gay marriage

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by northexpedition

How does gay marriage destroy the family?

Second line.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What most gays forget is mosts striaghts could give a rats ass about them having a legal union, but they need to respect the fact homosexuals are not a procreating couple entering into a traditional heterosexual marriage in the sense of the term.

That is where the problems lies, gays don't seem to respect the fact they are equal, but different.

Namely, hey ur nice people but we have our own party and you are not invited.

Go have your own party and stop trying to crash ours.

And we are rather protective of our own party. Understand?

We have our morals and you have yours. We don't try to change your morals, but you can certainly expect a negative response if you attempt to change our morals.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by leo123]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I used to have a pretty ignorant world view on this subject, but have matured after actually having met more gay people in life and understanding they bleed red too.

None of my business what the two happy homos do in their private life, nor do I feel it is my right to deny them of that right to happiness. Hell, I think they have every right to adopt children as well. I have not met a single racist homo, annd I think more children growning up around a household that preaches equality and denounces prejudice helps build character.

You may have sineads hand in marriage as you see fit.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I used to have a pretty ignorant world view on this subject, but have matured after actually having met more gay people in life and understanding they bleed red too.

None of my business what the two happy homos do in their private life, nor do I feel it is my right to deny them of that right to happiness. Hell, I think they have every right to adopt children as well. I have not met a single racist homo, annd I think more children growning up around a household that preaches equality and denounces prejudice helps build character.

Hi DYepes:

I have two problems with gay couples adopting and raising children.

1) A mother and a father contribute a totally different dynamic to a child's upbringing. A gay couple is cheating the child of 1/2 of the equation. The child comes first.

2) School children can and are incredibly evil to each other and a child of gay parents will most certainly be treated differently - and certainly not favourably - by his or he peers at school.

Frankly, I find it quite cruel to impose this unfavourable environment upon a child simply to satisfy a gay couple's desires.

Namely, the best interests of the child comes first, not some social engineering experiment by a gay couple.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

1# Just because it's two men, doesn't mean they can't do their roles. Traditionally the father figure has always been the one to discipline, the one who teaches you the rules of life so to speak. However those roles are reversing in these times. Also see single parents. I'm pretty sure our current president was the product of a single mother.

2# Kids are kids. They will not be treated differently. Every child is subject to bullying. Kids always find a reason to hurt other kids. The reason isn't what matters. The kids that are bullys are just sadists. If you got through public schools without learning this, I'd like to know what planet you came, and can your people send me there?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

Originally posted by DYepes

Hi DYepes:

I have two problems with gay couples adopting and raising children.

1) A mother and a father contribute a totally different dynamic to a child's upbringing. A gay couple is cheating the child of 1/2 of the equation. The child comes first.

2) School children can and are incredibly evil to each other and a child of gay parents will most certainly be treated differently - and certainly not favourably - by his or he peers at school.

Frankly, I find it quite cruel to impose this unfavourable environment upon a child simply to satisfy a gay couple's desires.

Namely, the best interests of the child comes first, not some social engineering experiment by a gay couple.

Someones homophobic aren't they

School children can be incredibly cruel fullstop (I wouldn't go as far to use the word evil)- they find anything to pick on other children about so your argument is lame.

off to watch

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
What most gays forget is mosts striaghts could give a rats ass about them having a legal union, but they need to respect the fact homosexuals are not a procreating couple entering into a traditional heterosexual marriage in the sense of the term.

That is where the problems lies, gays don't seem to respect the fact they are equal, but different.

Namely, hey ur nice people but we have our own party and you are not invited.

Go have your own party and stop trying to crash ours.

And we are rather protective of our own party. Understand?

We have our morals and you have yours. We don't try to change your morals, but you can certainly expect a negative response if you attempt to change our morals.

If you don't care. Why bother? If you dont care on the issue, dont vote on it. That's simple.

Why do you care? How does two gay people marrying effect you. Really! How does it?

Im usually rather apathetic on this issue (I'm not gay, so it's not my problem).

So I want you to ask yourself this question. Just come up with an answer, and if you start to rationalize then that should be your queue to understand that you don't have a viable answer.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by leo123

1# Just because it's two men, doesn't mean they can't do their roles. Traditionally the father figure has always been the one to discipline, the one who teaches you the rules of life so to speak. However those roles are reversing in these times. Also see single parents. I'm pretty sure our current president was the product of a single mother.

2# Kids are kids. They will not be treated differently. Every child is subject to bullying. Kids always find a reason to hurt other kids. The reason isn't what matters. The kids that are bullys are just sadists. If you got through public schools without learning this, I'd like to know what planet you came, and can your people send me there?

Hi Miraj:

Respectfully, I think you totally missed my post.

A father and a mother bring a totally different dynamic into the raising of of a child and no matter how hard the gays try to ram that square through the hole, reality will remain.

It is very different and the child's interests come first, not some gay couple engaging in a social experiment.

There is much evidence to back this up, and I encourage you to investigate this. A single mother raising a child is escentially the same.

Particularly a male child.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

crying homophobic is like crying racist.
you and your little holier than though rolling eyes smiley, gimme a break.
the hunter has become the prey when it comes to labelling people these days. chuckle.

personally I think the argument is lost in translation. as a religious person i would prefer to have the term "marriage" wiped from any political affiliation. However, since the term is already taken, a legal union between two consenting adults should be known and referred to exactly that, a union.
marriage is religious, union is political, involving benefits and the like. Of course, all couples involved in unions should have equal rights.

A part of me thinks that homosexuals have been sucked into a political fiasco that by'n'large was never their intention, by the machine that divides.
You know the machine. the racist, religious, ideological, spank your kids or not, eat all you want but don't smoke machine. The machine turns elephants in a room into flies on the wall.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

That might be true. Just because two gay people marry, doesn't mean they will adopt.

As for evidence. Whatever you have, I guarantee there's plenty that disagrees with it.

Because many pro-conservative groups will happily twist data to fit their beliefs. But twisting data doesn't make it reality. (Just as there are probably pro-homosexual groups that will also twist data)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

the hunter has become the prey when it comes to labelling people these days. chuckle.

personally I think the argument is lost in translation. as a religious person i would prefer to have the term "marriage" wiped from any political affiliation. However, since the term is already taken, a legal union between two consenting adults should be known and referred to exactly that, a union.
marriage is religious, union is political, involving benefits and the like. Of course, all couples involved in unions should have equal rights.

A part of me thinks that homosexuals have been sucked into a political fiasco that by'n'large was never their intention, by the machine that divides.
You know the machine. the racist, religious, ideological, spank your kids or not, eat all you want but don't smoke machine. The machine turns elephants in a room into flies on the wall.

I see

Homophobic people and racists don't exist

Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Originally posted by heyo

I see

Homophobic people and racists don't exist

Gotcha.

Hi lifecitizen:

Rather than trying to jammm this thread by playing the homosexual card, or playing into the anti gays, try and adress my fact above about why gays raising children is not a good idea for the children.

Thx

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join