It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Conservatives Protest Obama's Nefarious Plot to Have Schoolchildren Learn Things in School"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have only read about half of thread and when I read it this morning I thought that it really wasn't worth my effort to reply. The whole thing is absurd. I grew up in a time when we watched the Apollo missions blast off in school and when anything major in the world happened we were gathered together to take part in "history".

The idea of the President speaking to the youth of America reminds me of those moments when I was a youth. The real effect would be that the disassociation of the youth from their government would be reduced. Is that wrong?

You know, it really doesn't matter what Obama says to them. It's the fact that he speaks to them and brings them just a little closer to experiencing the real effects of being a voice in the United States.

I am not going to argue about whether or not he is effecting them to lean to the democrats. If they are moved of course they will be effected in the same way that so many were moved by JFK's remarks, "Ask not what your Country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your Country".

The obvious to me is that just because the President gives a speech just for the youth of the greatest country in the world, isn't going to poison them. A child's greatest influence is from it's parents and one speech on one day is not going to undue 1-18 years of parental influence. What a child becomes is largely the influence of it's upbringing and a parent is the biggest part of that.

Argue against children getting to hear a message from the POTUS? Are they really so focused on a given thing?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I must say that I really have begun to feel sorry for the poor and working poor. For decades the Democratic Party has been your greatest hope. Through 13 years with Roosevelt and the New Deal, 3 years of Truman, 8 years of Kennedy and Johnson and the "Great Society", 4 with Carter, 8 with Clinton, and now Obama. Despite their undying allegiance to you, the poor, the downtrodden, and the working man, nothing has changed for the vast majority of you. When you realize that if it weren't for you, the Democratic Party would not have a platform, you will realize that you are being used.

Once you realize that only you and you alone can alter the course of your life you will realize the deception you have embraced.

Think about this. All the money pumped into the financial industry and stimulus packages by the Fed and Treasury from both Administrations was sufficient to pay off all residential mortgages in America. Yet, the Financial Industry was saved...for now, and you the poor or working poor were foreclosed on. Think about that before you pledge your allegience to any polititian.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A better question than "Is the president trying to indoctrinate our children into his political ideals?" is "With two wars that have no end in sight and a recession is our president spreading himself too thin to best serve the American people in the long run?"

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Always fun to watch the dumbshow of left/right. I send my kids to a private school. They won't be seeing Mr. Obama. I suggest if your concerned for your children get them out of public school. Or really take an interest and homeschool. Knowing the attention span of five year olds I doubt anyone has anything to fear. But if Fox news says it's bad by god it must be true. And if MSN says it good then... You get the idea.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber
Once you realize that only you and you alone can alter the course of your life you will realize the deception you have embraced.

Oh the arrogance....

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbarber

I think you are right about what the democratic has represented in the past. At this point it really is about which puppet of the corporate empire you want to back. Unless you own a corporation in banking or insurance or oil (and no the list isn't that small, it's relative to your position), it is still the democrats can make your life easier on this planet. Like maybe being able to go to the doctor? If you aren't rich it makes no sense to be a republican.

Both sides are corporate influenced, that's where the money comes from to put them in the positions they are in. That's the way this blessed idea you love so much works. We are not going to replace them all at once and their is not going to be any revolutionary overthrow. The public's best bet is to insist on as much transparency and oversight as is possible. If you believe in government by the people and for the people, the people can't rule unless they know.

Deny Ignorance, it's the only "hope" you have.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by damwel]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I have only read about half of thread and when I read it this morning I thought that it really wasn't worth my effort to reply. The whole thing is absurd. I grew up in a time when we watched the Apollo missions blast off in school and when anything major in the world happened we were gathered together to take part in "history".

The idea of the President speaking to the youth of America reminds me of those moments when I was a youth. The real effect would be that the disassociation of the youth from their government would be reduced. Is that wrong?

You know, it really doesn't matter what Obama says to them. It's the fact that he speaks to them and brings them just a little closer to experiencing the real effects of being a voice in the United States.

EXACTLY! In grade school before TV's were in school - - - it was arranged for kids to go to a students home so they could watch the president speak.

It is the President! Kids are not into politics.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well that's exactly what I mean, it's the world making kids feel a real part of it and I can't see that as a bad thing. It's a positive thing in what is almost a negative world. It's easy to see what's wrong and what could happen. It takes a brave soul, what America is represented to stand behind, to see things in a positive manner, (this should make sense to the folks expecting a shift soon).

If we keep picking what is, apart, eventually we'll be left with nothing. Let's build!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

If it is arrogance that Obama did it and I did it and many others I know have done it and you unfortunately haven't, ok,I'm arrogant.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Good link that shows just how absurd both sides are, though right now, the Right takes the cake in their absurdity.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Janitor From Mars]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
reply to post by Animal

Good link that shows just how absurd both sides are, though right now, the Right takes theicake in their absurdity.

Aye. This exchange has also contributed to the evidence.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is the real list of questions to discuss after the Obama Kid's Speech and the original can be viewed at www.ed.gov homepage, although it is abbreviated due to limited space here.

I thought I would fill this out and for fun and give it to my 9yo in case she is forced to listen.

Menu of Classroom Activities
President Obama’s Address to Students Across America
(PreK‐6)
Produced by Teaching Ambassador Fellows, U.S. Department of Education
September 8, 2009
Before the Speech

Teachers can build background knowledge about the President of the United States and his speech by reading books about presidents and Barack Obama.

Teachers could motivate students by asking the following questions:
Who is the President of the United States? some Marxist
What do you think it takes to be president? not much after Obama
To whom do you think the president is going to be speaking? anybody who will listen
Why do you think he wants to speak to you? Needs the kids to make their parents like BO
What do you think he will say to you? More lies, more just do what I say, don't think about it.

Teachers can ask students to imagine that they are delivering a speech to all of the students in the United States.
If you were the president, what would you tell students? Lets go for ice cream and let Obama pay with tax funds.
What can students do to help in our schools? Get the teachers even a larger raise
Teachers can chart ideas about what students would say. How about a graph showing how much he's spent in record time. Just bring lots of red ink and a long vertical piece of paper

Why is it important that we listen to the president and other elected officials, like the mayor, senators, members of congress, or the governor? Because they make all the decisions without taxpayer input since they have ultimate power.
Why is what they say important? They will silence or kill you if you don't dont' immediately obey.

During the Speech

As the president speaks, teachers can ask students to write down key ideas or phrases that are important or personally meaningful. BO said obey me, do not question me, strong central government, communism is good, taxpayers need to pay more, it's beneath the poor to get a job,

Students could use a note‐taking graphic organizer such as a “cluster web;” or, students could record their thoughts on sticky notes. Younger children could draw pictures and write as appropriate. As students listen to the speech, they could think about the following:
What is the president trying to tell me? do what I say
What is the president asking me to do? Listen and shutup
What new ideas and actions is the president challenging me to think about? more taxes is good, tax deductions bad.

Students could record important parts of the speech where the president is asking them to do something. Students might think about the following:
What specific job is he asking me to do? See above, but we will not make BO King
Is he asking anything of anyone else?
Teachers? Principals? Parents? The American people? Same to all: I won the election so I get to do what ever I regardless of the law.

Students could record questions they have while he is speaking and then discuss them after the speech. Younger children may need to dictate their questions.
Menu of Classroom Activities (PreK‐6)
President Obama’s Address to Students Across America
After the Speech

Teachers could ask students to share the ideas they recorded, .... Anyone who asks negative questions about BO is humiliated in front the class and held for reprogramming.

Students could discuss their responses to the following questions:
What do you think the president wants us to do?
Does the speech make you want to do anything? puke
Are we able to do what President Obama is asking of us? give up my lollipops and send the money to the DNC

What would you like to tell the president? My daddy said that BO should # off and go back to Kenya and take his Commie-Democrats with him

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I dont think that its that the president is teaching kids. I think its WHAT the presidents trying to teach the children. I could have swore that the president of the united states works for the people of the united states not the other way around so as for my child, THERE WIIL BE NO PLEDGING TO SERVE OBAMA! And she shall flush after a #1 OR a #2

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
reply to post by Animal

Good link that shows just how absurd both sides are, though right now, the Right takes the cake in their absurdity.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Janitor From Mars]

Absolutely, I think the devotion to Sarah Palin shows that. It's almost hard to conceive of a person who could believe that the Earth is only 6-7 thousand years old. I really don't care if she likes to hunt.

OK, I know that only a part of the right is behind this faction but " they reap what they sow" so to speak.

I wish the average populi would see it so obvious so we wouldn't have to endure "Joe the Plumber", (or the guy with a gun visiting a Presidential meeting), it really gets "too reaL" for us old guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So Obama has the kiddies reading propaganda books about him

is this one of those books?

Barack Obama: Son Of Promise, Child of Hope

“His mama, white as whipped cream; his daddy, black as ink…”

“He was there in Chicago because he cared about these people. They were his family. People in Kenya were his family. Indonesians were his family. And no matter where he was, the world was his home. And who he was could be summed up in one word: loveable.”

Lord, help us all. Here are some more from this great reason to home-school:

When Barack wasn’t studying he liked to jog along the Hudson River. He couldn’t help but notice the river of hurt and hate and history that separated blacks and whites. Being both, he could not take sides. Don’t worry, said Hope. I will be your bridge. In time you will be the bridge for others.

Reverend Wright gets a nod, as his is the only Chicago church Obama ever attended:

When his classes came to an end, he raced to Chicago to join hands with the church, to learn new lessons: Not how to be black or white, but how to be a healer, how to change things, how to make a difference in the world.

A healer who paid his dues as a Community Organizer.

The work was grueling, with stretches of failure, and puny patches of success. Door-to-door Barack went, early mornings, late nights, pleading and preaching, coaxing strangers to march together, to make life better for everyone. He worked hard as a farmer, planting the words “Yes, we can!” like seeds in spring.

His dead father gave The One his blessing:

Before Barack chased his future, he visited his past, traveling to Kenya to find his family, his father’s bones, and his own place in the circle of Africa…Finally, Barack knelt in the soil at his father’s grave, listening to the still, small voice that spoke to his heart: Go now. Fly free. Become the man you were meant to be. Live in hope.

So, Dear Obama began his ministry of Hope.

One sun-drenched day, as his wife Michelle stood by, Barack smiled on a sea of faces from Wichita to Waikiki. He saw whites and blacks, rich and poor, Christians and Muslims and Jews; he saw the ghosts of his parents, of Gramps and Toot, of Martin Luther King, Jr. and JFK. And on that special day Barack was the bridge that held them all together. “I want to be your president,” he said. “Can we make America better? Can we work together, as one?” With a single voice the crowd called out, “Yes! We can!”

Whether you like him or not, you have to agree this book is simply cult-like

who knows if this book is really being fed to school kids, it is a right sided site so.....

Link.... rightsoup.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I agree with you, but the corporate influence is what must be removed or all we will have in the end is a fascist state. The power needs to be returned to the people as it was intended to be. Unfortunately, they won't give up that power, I'm afraid, without a fight. True opportunity for all Americans and resolutions to the problems we have will never manifest themselves to the benefit of the people until we regain our representation

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
The Link

This is a great story. Not because it reveals the nuttier-then-squirrel-poop nature of republicans but because it highlights one of the crux of the problem of political discourse in the USA today.

Lets begin at the beginning:

If there is anybody out there who still doesn't believe that the conservative media will attack President Obama no matter what he does, consider this: Right-wingers are telling children to skip school as a protest against Obama's encouragement of students to stay in school.

And we have reached a new level of absurdity.

WAKE UP YOU STUPID SHEEP!

I think it shows the depth of public malcontent and distrust of the Obama administration and its policies. And, to an even greater extent, distrust and discontent of our government in general.

I'm definitely on the "Right" side of the spectrum, but that's not to say I trust the Republicans and the NeoCons any more than I trust Obama. What a lot of people on the Left don't get is that we are truly fed up with government in general and the way they have ALL run our country into the ground and bankrupted it.

It's really not, as many on the Left would say, a frenzy drummed up by the Republican party and Fox News. Fox News isn't much better to me and many others than CNN and to label this as something manufactured by the Republicans is to misunderstand the movement entirely.

It's not just Left against Right, it's "Throw all these bums out and start over because we've had enough."

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just saw another thread recently saying psychiatric meds use has greatly risen in the very young. Now we're throwing the woes of the government on their backs, too. Life is tough. They don't need to fret over WWOD? (What Would Obama Do?) and How can I help the President? until junior high school IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I guess I would be considered one of the nutty ones you refer to. That's ok though.......while you're sitting idly by and allowing the government to take away all your freedoms, I will be one of the many that will be fighting to preserve our Constitution! Anyone that cannot see where things are heading obviously has their head in the sand or up somewhere else. I don't need the government telling my child anything when it comes to morals or how she should serve her government. We handle that here at home. When they start deciding what my child should do and believe in I must step in. My child has morals and is a very good student. I will lead her down the right road NOT the government!
Another frog that doesn't know when to jump out of the pot!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join