It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Conservatives Protest Obama's Nefarious Plot to Have Schoolchildren Learn Things in School"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

You too. I dont mind conversing with someone with some respect for others.
If none of you have noticed from my name, I hold out no hope for a future for mankind without intervention.
We like war and fighting and stuff way too much to ever change.
Indeed, there is nothing more indicative of this than the bickering on this thread.
We will hang ourselves (and apparently everyone else), given enough time.
We are already headed off the cliff and have been for a long time now.
Its just now we are finally waking up and we are upset and lash out at others.

Its understandable. Will it change anything? NO.
But we can try. (and call others names if it helps I guess)

[edit on 5-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
As a homeschooling parent, I cannot help but laugh at these people who are send their children off to public school that are screaming "Indoctrination!!" repeatedly. Do they not understand that the public school system IS indoctrinating? This is one of many reasons why I do not use the public school system!

I can see where some parts of the lesson plan are questionable, but really, I am so tired of the comparisons to Hitler and Lenin. It's insulting. My grandfather fought against Nazi's. REAL killers who were evil as hell. I cannot tolerate the insanity anymore. When I see Obama lining our children up for community service against our will then I will be fighting. Believe me. But until then, I refuse to grasp at straws here, regardless of how much I have been in disagreement with the man since he took office.

I am also appalled at the amount of parents who do not trust their children to think for themselves. Now that is creepy. Sorry, but it is. My daughter is intelligent enough to understand the differences between right and wrong. If she doesn't, then I haven't done my job.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by tommy_boy

LOL!!! Mental!! Your a Nazi?!?! Had no idea!

You're the one with the collectivist cult of personality sham of a leader.

For 8 years baby!!! We'll get in healthcare this year (if dems wise up), we'll get the Hispanic vote in a couple years when we pass immigration reform and legalize millions of new loyal voters and hey! IF all goes well, we may even get another 4 after that!

You guys will still be screaming "Communist" from the sidelines, and when undecided moderates see how none of the scare tactics you've been extolling came true, they'll come over as well, further locking in progressive support.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
After reading that a vast majority of American youth (er over 18, first time voters, unemployed with college degree types) fell in love with Obama's speeches, and was the driving force behind his election .. I find focusing politically biased discussion towards children truly to be indoctrination... I see no reason why kids should be singled out so publically in an obviously biased way.. sadly I just don't trust the Federal Government to be "acting for the greater good" ... there is always something behind what they say and do... nothing against Obama specifically, I don't think any politician should do this..

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommy_boy

Holy crap. This chart again?!!?

DUDE!!! This spending is in response to EIGHT YEARS of piss poor management! The deficits BEGAN to skyrocket under your previous president (who actually was handed a surplus)! Additional spending is in response to a collapsed American economy, a dying auto industry, and the worst recession in decades.

It doesn't matter how many times you post this graphic, it still doesn't make it Obama's fault. Find a new graphic at least!!! Change it's colors! Give it a funny hat! SOMETHING!! Quit pimping it as some definitive proof of Obama ruining the country. "Anyone with a brain" and more than 3 years in this country knows we're all paying for the previous president's mess.

Completely irrational response.

haha! You might as well have said "DO NOT COMPUTE!!! DO NOT COMPUTE!!! OVERLOAD!!!!" I know, truth hurts.

I just gave you a pretty damn good reality check, and lesson on Cause and Effect; explained to you how this deficit is someone else's fault, and your response was "Completely Irrational Response."

Oooookay!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
As a homeschooling parent, I cannot help but laugh at these people who are send their children off to public school that are screaming "Indoctrination!!" repeatedly. Do they not understand that the public school system IS indoctrinating? This is one of many reasons why I do not use the public school system!

I can see where some parts of the lesson plan are questionable, but really, I am so tired of the comparisons to Hitler and Lenin. It's insulting. My grandfather fought against Nazi's. REAL killers who were evil as hell. I cannot tolerate the insanity anymore. When I see Obama lining our children up for community service against our will then I will be fighting. Believe me. But until then, I refuse to grasp at straws here, regardless of how much I have been in disagreement with the man since he took office.

I am also appalled at the amount of parents who do not trust their children to think for themselves. Now that is creepy. Sorry, but it is. My daughter is intelligent enough to understand the differences between right and wrong. If she doesn't, then I haven't done my job.

It is nice to here a rational, none political reaction weigh in...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
After reading that a vast majority of American youth (er over 18, first time voters, unemployed with college degree types) fell in love with Obama's speeches, and was the driving force behind his election .. I find focusing politically biased discussion towards children truly to be indoctrination... I see no reason why kids should be singled out so publically in an obviously biased way.. sadly I just don't trust the Federal Government to be "acting for the greater good" ... there is always something behind what they say and do... nothing against Obama specifically, I don't think any politician should do this..

Rock, here's the point...

IF (and only IF, since we don't know what exactly he's going to say) he comes out and says the following:

- Stay in school.
- Do your best and be somebody, like I did.
- Be a good global and American citizen.
- Education is the most important part of your youth. Embrace it.

And does nothing else. Would you then concede that this man's influence is very powerful towards encouraging millions of kids that may not otherwise have amounted to anything? For Pete's sake, this is the most important political figure of our time! The first black President. The most articulate and inspiring since JFK! There's alot of muscle there. Shouldn't we use it to encourage our kids to do better?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Here is a major way that Obama is violating the Constitution.

The President is not authorized to create high Executive Branch offices.

Article II - Section 2

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke

AIDS Czar: Jeffrey Crowley

Auto recovery Czar: Ed Montgomery

Border Czar: Alan Bersin

California Water Czar: David J. Hayes

Car Czar: Ron Bloom

Central Region Czar: Dennis Ross

Domestic Violence Czar: Lynn Rosenthal

Drug Czar: Gil Kerlikowske

Economic Czar: Paul Volcker

Energy and Environment Czar: Carol Brower

Faith-Based Czar: Joshua DuBois

Great Lakes Czar: Cameron Davis

Green Jobs Czar: Van Jones

Guantanamo Closure Czar: Daniel Fried

Health Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle

Information Czar: Vivek Kundra

International Climate Czar: Todd Stern

Intelligence Czar: Dennis Blair

Mideast Peace Czar: George Mitchell

Pay Czar: Kenneth Feinberg

Regulatory Czar: Cass Sunstein

Science Czar: John Holdren

Stimulus Accountability Czar: Earl Devaney

Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration

TARP Czar: Herb Allison

Terrorism Czar: John Brennan

Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra

Urban Affairs Czar: Adolfo Carrion Jr.

Weapons Czar: Ashton Carter

WMD Policy Czar: Gary Samore

[edit on 5-9-2009 by VinceP1974]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Rational enough...

But I ask you, what makes you think this will be a politically biased discussion towards children?

and what makes you think children even care about the partisan concerns we represent?

As far as the elections I think the youth gravitated towards Obama because his ideas are more in tune with the younger generation. What I mean is it was based upon NEW ideas as opposed to established ideas. I think you will find the young do always gravitate towards newer ideas.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Consensus is that this is not unconstitutional.

BTW....

Were you just as peeved when Bush appointed Czars in the following areas? Doubt you claimed Bush was violating the constitution then, hmmmmmm?

Cyber Security Czar
Regulatory Czar
AIDS Czar
Bird Flu Czar
Intelligence Czar
Health IT Czar
Katrina Czar
Manufacturing Czar
Drug Czar
Domestic Policy Czar
War Czar
Copywright Czar
Abstinence Czar
Mine Safety Czar
Latin American Czar
WTO Health Czar
Corruption Czar
Privacy Czar
Health Czar

There's more to news and facts that Heritage.org and Worldnetdaily, my friend. Expand your sources and expand your mind!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke

AIDS Czar: Jeffrey Crowley

Auto recovery Czar: Ed Montgomery

Border Czar: Alan Bersin

California Water Czar: David J. Hayes

Car Czar: Ron Bloom

Central Region Czar: Dennis Ross

Domestic Violence Czar: Lynn Rosenthal

Drug Czar: Gil Kerlikowske

Economic Czar: Paul Volcker

Energy and Environment Czar: Carol Brower

Faith-Based Czar: Joshua DuBois

Great Lakes Czar: Cameron Davis

Green Jobs Czar: Van Jones

Guantanamo Closure Czar: Daniel Fried

Health Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle

Information Czar: Vivek Kundra

International Climate Czar: Todd Stern

Intelligence Czar: Dennis Blair

Mideast Peace Czar: George Mitchell

Pay Czar: Kenneth Feinberg

Regulatory Czar: Cass Sunstein

Science Czar: John Holdren

Stimulus Accountability Czar: Earl Devaney

Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration

TARP Czar: Herb Allison

Terrorism Czar: John Brennan

Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra

Urban Affairs Czar: Adolfo Carrion Jr.

Weapons Czar: Ashton Carter

WMD Policy Czar: Gary Samore

[edit on 5-9-2009 by VinceP1974]

SO I am sure you were hollering two years ago, we aren't a hypocrite are we?

Donald E. Powell.
Bush’s Czar to Rebuild Gulf Coast

John P. Walters.
Bush's Drug Czar

Karen Hughes.
Bush's Public Diplomacy Czar

Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute.
Bush's 'War Czar'

Randall Tobias.
Bush's AIDS Czar

Dr. Mark Dybul.
Bush's other AIDS Czar

Richard Stickler.
Bush's Mine Safety Czar

John Negroponte.
Bush's Intelligence Czar

Otto Reich.
Bush's Latin America czar

Carlton Turner.
Reagan's Drug Czar

David Stockman
Reagan's Budget Czar

Ya I sure do smell something...

and its not my pits.

So Vince, I never saw you on the boards protesting Bush's unconstitutional appointments.

But I do see you ignoring your own failed attempt at self righteousness.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Talk about true colors comin out. You've now crossed into the realm of "unstable." Possibly even brainwashed... Given that nothing in my statements thus far points to a communist ideology. Your just another drone, Danang, that has no idea what communism is, or a clue about what they're saying.

Read up at least before you start threatening people's lives.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
no this isnt just about obama

its about people finally having enough of the bs the govt is feeding us

they are fed up with the actions that have been taking place

they are sick of the way things have been going

they are sick of the economy
they are sick of the swine flu
they are sick of the bailouts
they are sick of the bonuses
they are sick of the corruption
they are sick of those in power
they are sick of such few having so much

and now people are standing up and attacking everything, because everything has been bad for so long

since 9/11 this country has been a dead goldfish simply being flushed down the drain and people have had enough of it

especially because of how obama came to power

he spoke of change every second
he promised it
he promised it wont be business as usual and things would be different

so people expected different, and they expected it fast, they expected overnight things would improve, and when they didnt, and when they realized obama was not going to be some great messiah they realized they were all wrong the whole time and they realized they had been duped, fooled, and taken advantage of while being misled by propaganda and money

Now they are like animals with rabies that werent treated in time, they are attacking everything that could be a potential threat

within the climate of the way things have been going, there is a very valid possibility that there will be some form of brainwashing going on and they dont want it to happen to their kids

they know brainwashing is possible because it has happened to them

we are in a era with nothing but conspiracies and corruption everywhere you turn from economy to health to education

people are plain sick of it, and now it seems that until someone really does come along and starts providing the change everyone expected, people are going to be easily angered, easy to become violent and quick to protest

its not just about conservatives or any other party

it seems to be a majority consensus now, people are simply fed up with america

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Vain attempt to try to educate those who refuse to see the historical patterns that Obama is signaling.

These are only a few paragraphs of a very large article

article.nationalreview.com...

When radical leaders over the last 2,500 years have sought to enforce equality of results, their prescriptions were usually predictable: redistribution of property; cancellation of debts; incentives to bring out the vote and increase political participation among the poor; stigmatizing of the wealthy, whether through the extreme measure of ostracism or the more mundane forced liturgies; use of the court system to even the playing field by targeting the more prominent citizens; radical growth in government and government employment; the use of state employees as defenders of the egalitarian faith; bread-and-circus entitlements; inflation of the currency and greater national debt to lessen the power of accumulated capital; and radical sloganeering about reactionary enemies of the new state.

The modern versions of much of the above already seem to be guiding the Obama administration — evident each time we hear of another proposal to make it easier to renounce personal debt; federal action to curtail property or water rights; efforts to make voter registration and vote casting easier; radically higher taxes on the top 5 percent; takeover of private business; expansion of the federal government and an increase in government employees; or massive inflationary borrowing. The current class-warfare “them/us” rhetoric was predictable.

Usually such ideologies do not take hold in America, given its tradition of liberty, frontier self-reliance, and emphasis on personal freedom rather than mandated fraternity and egalitarianism. At times, however, the stars line up, when a national catastrophe, like war or depression, coincides with the appearance of an unusually gifted, highly polished, and eloquent populist. But the anointed one must be savvy enough to run first as a centrist in order later to govern as a statist.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

Now they are like animals with rabies that wasnt treated in time, they are attacking everything that could be a potential threat

Well, hopefully the GOP and conservatives will buck up and find a better candidate next time, it is interesting how they are attacking everything though.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Vain attempt to try to educate those who refuse to see the historical patterns that Obama is signaling.

These are only a few paragraphs of a very large article

article.nationalreview.com...

When radical leaders over the last 2,500 years have sought to enforce equality of results, their prescriptions were usually predictable: redistribution of property; cancellation of debts; incentives to bring out the vote and increase political participation among the poor; stigmatizing of the wealthy, whether through the extreme measure of ostracism or the more mundane forced liturgies; use of the court system to even the playing field by targeting the more prominent citizens; radical growth in government and government employment; the use of state employees as defenders of the egalitarian faith; bread-and-circus entitlements; inflation of the currency and greater national debt to lessen the power of accumulated capital; and radical sloganeering about reactionary enemies of the new state.

The modern versions of much of the above already seem to be guiding the Obama administration — evident each time we hear of another proposal to make it easier to renounce personal debt; federal action to curtail property or water rights; efforts to make voter registration and vote casting easier; radically higher taxes on the top 5 percent; takeover of private business; expansion of the federal government and an increase in government employees; or massive inflationary borrowing. The current class-warfare “them/us” rhetoric was predictable.

Usually such ideologies do not take hold in America, given its tradition of liberty, frontier self-reliance, and emphasis on personal freedom rather than mandated fraternity and egalitarianism. At times, however, the stars line up, when a national catastrophe, like war or depression, coincides with the appearance of an unusually gifted, highly polished, and eloquent populist. But the anointed one must be savvy enough to run first as a centrist in order later to govern as a statist.

Yet another rightwing extreme source... Figures...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Now you've done it... you brought up the big picture!

You see if you just focused on one thing, some sycophant of Marxism would say "well Bush did it too"... as if that one thing is an universe of its own.

But as you clearly lay out, it's not just one thing... it's many many things , going on over a long time, and it's all converging now into a giant catastrophe.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join