It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Conservatives Protest Obama's Nefarious Plot to Have Schoolchildren Learn Things in School"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is just freaking disgusting

www.aipnews.com...

Sept 8th Here are two of the books on Obama your kids are expected to read get your children OUT!

CAN-DO-USA Parental Rights and Duties in Education

edit to remove MASSIVE copy-and-paste

[edit on 4-9-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbarber

A selfish man will never agree to helping another.
A giving man will agree to help all.
Will the selfish man give to the helping man? Surely Not.
But will the giving man to the selfish? Surely So.
Which is better?

Proper representation must be founded upon the proper representation of Justice and Right.
Otherwise, representation is not representation at all, but a furthering of the self serving fascism, and a silencing of the oppressed voice.

Some will distort greed and capitalism as a voice for prosperity and right, but fail to recognize the injustice and inequality inflicted upon a people.

I for one do not submit to iniquity, but rather universal prosperity, equality and Justice. Perhaps Altruism is the way.

Peace

[edit on 4-9-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

Amen!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

www.aipnews.com...

www.apples4theteacher.com...

Ah, a whole page of GEORGE W books...

Still disgusting?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Who is oppressed? Don't confuse oppression with lazy. If you think Obama represents what you are talking about why hasn't he given all the money to the "oppressed" foreclosure victims instead of the greedy capitalist banks and insurance companies and Acorn and SEIU, etc.?
You prove that education is no substitute for intelligence.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

www.aipnews.com...

www.apples4theteacher.com...

Ah, a whole page of GEORGE W books...

Still disgusting?

oddly they're not Hagiographies

get it?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
The lesson plan that I saw rejected had suggested teachers have children write themselves a letter asking themselves what Obama wanted them to do *for him*...

This is one of the limited references I saw: www.wfaa.com

The original lesson plan suggested students write down what they can do to help the president. The revised plan suggests students list how they "can achieve their short-term and long-term education goals." No changes were made to the suggested lesson plan for students in the seventh through twelfth grades.

Okay... I'm a cynical guy (hence the name), and have been harshly critical of every administration pretty much since I learned what the word "skeptic" was. But still... I fail to understand what wrong with such a question within the context of civics education.

An essay on what one can do to "help" any sitting president can range from flowery promises to critical calls for governmental change.

This is a fake issue.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber

You prove that education is no substitute for intelligence.

As well, you prove that intelligence is no substitute for compassion.

Peace

[edit on 4-9-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hmm just remembered, isn't that hearing with Orly Taitz happening in california Sep 8 in the morning.

Will this run at roughly the same time as Obama's speech to the schools?

Is this speech a distraction?

Tune in next week..... err sorry felt like I was doing an old batman tv show promo.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You must integrate the few things about Obama's past to understand the actions going on now... and one of the things in Obama's past is the fact that all of his radical friends have as their agenda usurping the education of the youth so that they're indoctrinated in the Marxist notions of social justice and collectivism.

This is the first salvo of the administration.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Obama scares me, but I think the message is good! As long as these things don't become mandatory, and as longs as the rhetoric doesn't slide into the "serve me" rather than "serve your country" then I see no problem with it!!

Yes but the video says

"I pledge to be of service to Barrack Obama"

"I pledge to be a servant to our president"

Sieg Heil

To anyone who lived through WWII thems fightin' words "SERVANT - kiss my donkey OBAMA

(And NO I am not a rebooblican)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It's one of a series of fake issues that have been furiously pumped out by the right-wing phony outrage machine to logjam any chance of Obama getting anything positive accomplished during his term.

I have been disappointed by some of Obama's decisions, but the fever pitch of hysteria coming out of the usual talk radio and internet sources is crazy.

These people are so focused on stopping this President from doing the job we elected him to, they will happily tear the country top pieces to do it.

They haven't got any better ideas, so their strategy is to create as much noise and confusion as possible, and keep the hate boiling at a fever pitch.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

They haven't got any better ideas, so their strategy is to create as much noise and confusion as possible, and keep the hate boiling at a fever pitch.

We learned from the Left the effectiveness of doing everything possible to destroy the President.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

and one of the things in Obama's past is the fact that all of his radical friends have as their agenda usurping the education of the youth so that they're indoctrinated in the Marxist notions of social justice and collectivism.

Mr. Beck, is that you?

Really now. I'm all for calling out politicians when necessary and exposing government corruption and malfeasance... but such a statement comes across as little more than the knee-jerking attacking Obama at any chance we see from the newsertainment pundits.

The notion of "deny ignorance" upon which this site is founded calls upon us, we citizen critics of the system, to look beyond the mental pabulum spoon feed by agenda-driven media and parse down to the real issues.

There are far more important things we all need to consider.

There are even far more important issues regarding the Obama administration that deserve our attention, skepticism, and critical examination.

This madness about the address to students is but carrot-on-stick distraction to keep the rhetoric far away from anything that really matters.

Madness. Pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

These people are so focused on stopping this President from doing the job we elected him to, they will happily tear the country top pieces to do it.

Was Obama elected to destroy the country?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What's the "Mr Beck" crap? As soon as his wife started giving speeches at the end of 2007 I figured out they were Marxists from what she was saying.

In 2007 Beck was still in his "Oh i'm sure Obama is a nice guy" phase.

So you know where you can put your condescension.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
that you have no ideas, nothing but failure and a lust for power for monetary gain to offer.A stock and trade of lies, deception and corruption.

We learned from the Left the effectiveness of doing everything possible to destroy the President.

No you didn't, you tried the same thing with Bill Clinton.
But after ROYALLY screwing up, the point would be that you have nothing to offer but failure, lies and deception for monetary gain. The neocon wet dream. Better try harder to justify the rights treasonous behavior my friend.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There are even far more important issues regarding the Obama administration that deserve our attention, skepticism, and critical examination.

This madness about the address to students is but carrot-on-stick distraction to keep the rhetoric far away from anything that really matters.

Madness. Pure and simple.

Spot on mate.

This was what I tried, not so successfully, to convey in the OP.

'We the people' are so busy being caught up in our left vrs right conflicts over petty crap like 'is the president good enough to address our children' that the issues that really matter slip by undetected.

The only 'change' this nation will ever see is the change WE THE PEOPLE create and that is going to require the left / right / crooked / and whacked all working together.

Sadly we are all too busy fighting over Sara Palin's small brains and large bust or Barry Obama's addiction to cigarettes and his missing BC.

Your so very right, it IS madness.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

No you didn't, you tried the same thing with Bill clinton.
But after ROYALLY screwing up, the point would be that you have nothing to offer but failure, lies and deception for monetary gain. The neocon wet dream. Better try harder to justify the rights treasonous behavior my friend.

Neocon? How am I a neocon?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join