It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2nd American Civil War is upon you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If it is a civil war then we have already won. Brothers may fight, but when we do, only victors emerge.

Sure, there is the occasional "death" but that too is necessary sometimes in war.

If the balloon ever does go up in the real (versus cyber) world, every person who has ever felt the breath of freedom will fight.

And in that end, we have also won that fight as well. Because any fight *against* freedom is one where the outcome is predetermined.

Peace.
Until required otherwise.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think lots of you doomcryers secretly pray for massive cataclysms and civil wars and killer vaccines just because those things might make your lives more interesting, give them some perceived "meaning". And, of course, to say "I told you so."

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Funshinez]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oland
You assume to much about me. Also, maybe, just maybe all these people are star-flagging you because you're a forum mod and they are suck-ups? See, I can assume too.

You can assume all you want, but I've authored more than my fare share of dead threads as a moderator and member here.

I make no such assumptions about you, but I do wonder why you started out, and continue to be, so confrontational. If the subject matter doesn't interest you then fine, nothing I can do about that, and if you don't see the same things going on as I - and alot of the other people who are contributing do - then so be it.

I'm just here to discuss my ideas, and the ideas being put forward. ATS is a discussion board after all.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Its true, the internet is a battle ground. Need proof?
Look at what anon is doing to sceincetology. That, literaly, is a cyber war.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
cannot disagree with you on your point, as each and every day i see people trying to either manipulate others to turn the other cheeck, or this is no big deal, or just let this situation run its course. i am too the point that i am so sick and tired of the powers to be paying these lil toe jams to insinuate the masses that everything is A oK. KEEP THE GOOD FIGHT ON. thanks for the post

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
open your OWN eyes ,some say this some say that, what about ME, how does this affect ME NOW? HOW AM I??
if your job has gone then things will start to go down hill,and your standards will change,if it already has then what is your chances of improving it,? can you get a better job? can you get any job?, now each of you that are affected are already in the trap.
If your job is going ,then you are joining those that were in the same position as you before.

Will the situation grow by others ,of course because we are in a world recession, and there is no NEW money,as you are affected then you need to support your heighbours in your vicinity, because you will need each other more than you are aware. United you all stand and help each other.

In spain a lot of the unemployed now have been given jobs due to the EEC giving grants, but this is only a short term thing because when the money is gone then others will join the rest on the heap.
Its not only america going through tough times , its everyone?its degrees if you are prepared then you have an advantage, if your not, then the shxt will soon hit the fan
is it if? or is it when?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The selfish hold with defiance all that they own, and all that they feel is by the sole prosperity of their own hand.

They cry robber robber!. There is a thief in my home, while they have robbed the land for generations in the forms of legalized systems that rob from the common man.

The Civil war of which you speak, is a civil war upon your own way.

Peace

[edit on 4-9-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I respect your opinion greatly. But I disagree with your title premise.

I believe it should be "A" 2nd Civil War is upon us. Not "the" 2nd.

I mean that to say that the Internet is but ONE battlefield of this war, and that in it's totality, it must take another form to complete the conflict.

Or do you think I'm splitting hairs?

Excellent thread S&F!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Do you people only think that war is the answer?

Enjoy the negative reality you've manifested for yourselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
War might get somewhere if people figure out that left and right are meaningless terms.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think people lash out online because they feel it's the only way they can be heard. Truth be told, most of the people in this country are sadly controlled by G.E.'s "General Electric" NBC news stations. The reason is simple. G.E. has a lot of money riding and to make by influencing you a "certain" way politically.

So we pin up against each other, we argue and we lash out against each other. The people who see and the people who don't see. At the end of the day....the government should have 5% of the power it currently has and SHOULDN'T even be something we discuss. The government's only job is to make laws and protect us. Plain and simple.................

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

People need to really pull the wool away from their eyes and just realize that they have been duped

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
that's the funniest rant I've heard.

Its not a war of words IMO.

Its a war of action or inaction.

The computer has helped people become more informed, but that's about it.

There is very little active work going on such that those in power feel the need

to change their ways.

The computer has made people lazy, schizophrenic, and nonproductive.

You want change, you will have to give up something more than time.

America is one of the most unproductive countries in the world.

We spend money we don't have. We indulged excessively in everything.

We do not consider the less fortunate as long as we can indulge ourselves.

If the opposite were true, we would be marching in the streets demanding

accountability. Accountability for trillions of taxpayer dollars missing or

abscounded. Millions of innocent people killed from waring over natural

resources. Homeless children and children without adequate care and medicine.

A banking system or monetary system that feeds on individuals like a parasite.

The PTB are happy we have the internet. Because all we do is talk.

Yeah...its an anger outlet for many. Too bad...because otherwise we

would be in the streets raising hell and demanding change.

So continue to talk among yourselves, and continue to believe that people

like Ron Paul are going to make things better.

Congrats....you have graduated to vegetable status.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by allclear
that's the funniest rant I've heard.

Its not a war of words IMO.

Its a war of action or inaction.

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

It appears your avatar is appropriate for the times though an Eagle beats a Raven every time.

The avatar is appropriate for the situation. But screw Baltimore and Philadelphia. This is more about nature...
See Modest Mouse - Heart Cooks Brain

"Inland from vancouver shore
The ravens and the seagulls push each other inward and outward
Inward and outward
In this place that I call home
My brains the cliff, and my hearts the bitter buffalo
My hearts the bitter buffalo"

Great band. Great song.

Specific to the topic: Great thread, OP. This is a literal truth. The battleground is right here. I have seen too many corelations between what is argued on the internet becoming reality in politick the very next day.

We are doing a good job here, whether people notice it or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
Do you people only think that war is the answer?

Enjoy the negative reality you've manifested for yourselves.

I don't see anything extreme about this posting that's bad enough to warrant a warning.

It's true that the more we talk about war and violence and all that, that the law of attraction will work towards that way.

I didn't realize that a moderator had started the thread.

Regardless, what gives?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

What gives?
How DARE YOU misperceive the implications of what a moderator says and then try to expound upon your own misperceived thoughts!
Shame on you!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Exactly... elected conservatives don't really distrust government as much as they don't want government regulation. They want their buddies in big business to be able to screw the average Joe blind without Uncle Sam sticking up for him.

Now the rank and file do distrust the government because they believe what their reps (IN GOVERNMENT) tell them. Kind of ironic, but it's the perfect vampire/victim business model... and the screeching maniacs at the town hall meetings prove it.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
Exactly... elected conservatives don't really distrust government as much as they don't want government regulation. They want their buddies in big business to be able to screw the average Joe blind without Uncle Sam sticking up for him.

To a larger respect this seems true.
Make legislation that makes oppression and exploitative capitalism legal,
then go to town.

There is no way to stick up for anyone, once the non regulative legislation is passed. If there's no law, no harm no foul right?

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by Angus123

To a larger respect this seems true.
Make legislation that makes oppression and exploitative capitalism legal,
then go to town.

There is no way to stick up for anyone, once the non regulative legislation is passed. If there's no law, no harm no foul right?

Peace

Yes... Saint Ronnie got the deregulation juggernaut rolling in the 80's and Puppet Bush realized his superiors dream by all means at his disposal. We are so screwed, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join