It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's national flag to fly outside White House

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Don't waste you breath, remember this one of the reasons our nation is deteriorating so fast, when people already has forgotten what our nation was build to begin with, what those before us fought and died for, all forgotten because now our government most kiss communist China arse so they can keep buying and slavering the future of our children.

American the great now lies
in turmoil, decay and degradation.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

NONE are COMMUNIST countries!

So what?!?

When is America going to realize that outside their borders they have no say on how day to day affairs are conducted by other countries and that its better to be friends with your neighbors than staunch enemies? I mean really, is it worth alienating yourself from the world just because they have a different modes of government? Its ludicrous to even claim we have a democracy (which technically we don't) and then use that as a battle cry not to play in the sandbox with the rest of the kids.

---

If this is the worst thing that Obama does while in office (which it won't be) then oh well. There are much more important things happening in this country than an extra flag flying for a morning in Washington DC.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 9/4/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I was just getting ready to post that.

Remember when Bush grabbed the guy's sleeve to get him to stand in the right place?
It was all over the news.

But no one was crying about the HUGE red COMMUNIST flag in the background then! Oh, no. It's only when Obama does it that it's a problem.

Here are more pictures from back when it was OK to fly Communist China's flag at the White House.

Chinese State Arrival Ceremony

Notice the 9th picture (#81) that displays the US and Chinese flags side by side.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Plus, this flag raising is not in conjunction with a Head of State's visit, or an historic treaty, or even a new frontier of cooperation, it is simply a citizen group asking to do it?

Don't put too much stock in what the Chinese News Article conveniently leaves out. For the fact that they state that there will be 4000 guests at this event proves that it is a State Arrival Ceremony as that is precisely the number of guests at a State Arrival Ceremony. Those guests must be American Citizens, many of which may share a cultural heritage with the visiting dignitary.

As I said before, this isn't the first time we have held a State Arrival Ceremony for the Sino (Chinese). GWB received the Sino (Chinese) President on several occasions, each time flying the Chinese Flag at the White House South Lawn.

Although we still have issues with Human Rights Violations that the Chinese committed over the past decade, and even though they are Communist, they are Allies to the United States, and diplomatic relations are to be accorded to them, just as we would do for any other country. The time is good to increase relations with China, as Obama's predecessor GWB understood as well. President Hu Jintao is the founder of the Harmonious Society Policy in China and a Closet Liberal. Since he took office in 2002, he has made a number of dramatic changes to the Chinese government, causing reform in allowing a Free Market, broadening personal (but still not political) freedoms for all Chinese, concern for the welfare of all citizens, cultural enlightenment, and a synergistic approach to diverse social issues. China under Hu Jintao is not the same China that committed the atrocities at Tienanmen Square over a decade ago. This Chinese Regime has even acknowledged Tiawan on the International Stage as a separate and Sovereign country!

As China is opening it's doors and making reforms, extending an Olive Branch to other nations, it is important to reciprocate by extending an Olive Branch in return.

It doesn't mean that we should forget the sins of the past (or those who are still imprisoned in China for voicing Political dissent), America must make clear that there is no place in the community of civilized nations for China's previous brand of tyranny. However, so long as they are willing to make changes for the better, they deserve to be accepted by our Heads of State at the bargaining table for the sake of diplomacy and future relations.

Personally, I think it is good to see Obama continuing GWB's legacy of fostering diplomatic relations with China.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If there is no high level diplomatic visit, then I think that we need to petition congress the day after, as there will be alot of pictures.
From what I can find out, the only reason why the flag of a foriegn country is raised is to honor a high level meeting between the president of the United States and the leader of another country, to honor such a visit. The flags are set in alternating with the US flag and the other countries flag. If they just fly the Chinese national flag and not the US flag, in that case or raise it on the main pole, then it will be time to demand action, as it is just not right.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You both are completely ignoring the FACT that this is NOT a head of state ceremony! There is a HUGE difference. This is CELEBRATING the BIRTH of communist China! Why would we celebrate the birth of a communist country?????????

If you do not respond to this, it is proof that you are incapable of admiting when you're wrong.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I guess China is probably demanding this fanfare for their benefit, to show that they are now equal to the great America, this probably one of their stipulations amid many that now US has to bend over so they can keep buying our nation one piece at a time.

Children: I pledge allegiance to America's debt, and to the Chinese government that lends us money. And to the interest, for which we pay, compoundable, with higher taxes and lower pay until the day we die.

We should have the children in the nation reciting this new pledge of allegiance for the China diplomats enjoyment.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Perhaps we should go and burn down some buddhist temples and beat the monks in the streets with batons. To celebrate the day that China took Tibet back. That seems like a good plan.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

That whole diatribe had absolutely NOTHING to do with this issue. Answer the question posed:

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

You both are completely ignoring the FACT that this is NOT a head of state ceremony! There is a HUGE difference. This is CELEBRATING the BIRTH of communist China! Why would we celebrate the birth of a communist country?????????

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I hope you are correct, and there is some diplomatic contact to coincide with this. I have absolutely no problem with honoring a foreign dignitary in this way.

Otherwise, I think this is an outrageous symbol of our willingness to bend over for whoever asks!

The problem I see with China (and Japan), is that they control far too much of our economy, and therefore have the upper hand in negotiations for the first time in history! I don't like the fact that our government could be asking them for concessions before acting, instead of the other way around.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I hope you are correct, and there is some diplomatic contact to coincide with this. I have absolutely no problem with honoring a foreign dignitary in this way.

Otherwise, I think this is an outrageous symbol of our willingness to bend over for whoever asks!

The problem I see with China (and Japan), is that they control far too much of our economy, and therefore have the upper hand in negotiations for the first time in history! I don't like the fact that our government could be asking them for concessions before acting, instead of the other way around.

Please read it again... the flag raising is in celebration of the birth of communist China.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
Perhaps we should go and burn down some buddhist temples and beat the monks in the streets with batons. To celebrate the day that China took Tibet back. That seems like a good plan.

Seriously. That would bring back good memories for those in power at the time.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If you choose not to read and would prefer to bury your head in the sand in ignorance, then fine.

However, this *IS* a Head of State Ceremony. The only primary news source for this is a Chinese News Article that says there will be a Ceremony for 4000 visitors at the South Lawn of the White House where the Chinese Flag will be flown. That *IS* a State Arrival Ceremony! Whether it is President Hu Jintao or Premiere Wen Jiabao, or another Chinese Head of State, we do not know yet. We will find out Sunday September 20th at the latest, if the White House does not issue a Press Release of their own prior to that. The White House Press Briefings generally cover events no earlier than one week prior to the actual event.

The only part I do concede to is that the timing is clearly orchestrated by the Chinese to coincide with the birthday of Communist China. This was obviously done for ulterior motives (Press Ops). It's not distasteful for Obama to accept a visit on that day, but it is clearly a plan on behalf of the Chinese to make themselves look better. The Chinese people might fall for it, but Americans should be discerning to see it for what it truly is.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Um, so what? If you were in another country on the Fourth of July, would you not want to raise the flag? What kind of country FORBIDS the raising of a flag?

How could we say to the world,
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

But leave the flag behind.... ?

If you do not respond to this, it is proof that you are incapable of admiting when you're wrong.

If I hadn't responded, it would only be proof that I'm bored to death with this faux outrage and over-the-top drama.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

How could we say to the world,
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

But leave the flag behind.... ?

Of course leave the flag behind!!

That is the whole point! Leave your oppressive, corrupt nation, and come to our charitable, democratic, free-market one! (At least it used to be!)

Accept our flag, learn our language, integrate with our population, build a life, better yourself, and in the process help us to better our Nation! You don't have to leave behind your heritage, but you have to leave behind your flag! Otherwise, if you are so proud of you own Nation, stay there!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is DEFINITELY Not Possible !

How can we let THE WORLDS Biggest, Most Brutal Communist Government to raise its bloody Flag?

SHAME ON THIS IDEA !

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is a good point, that is what people are supposed to do when they embrace another nation.

What people does in the privacy of their home with their culture, language and believes are their own.

But when they integrate into another nations culture they are to respect that also, most immigrants are leaving their homelands because oppression and in pursue of happiness, liberties and freedom but is not such a big thing to ask to also assimilate into the nations they has chosen? after all they are already enjoying everything else, rigth?.

I did and I am an American born with Spanish roots.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Um, so what? If you were in another country on the Fourth of July, would you not want to raise the flag? What kind of country FORBIDS the raising of a flag?

You didn't answer the question - Why would we (the U.S., who is supposed to be diametrically opposed to communism) celebrate the birth of a communist country?

To answer your question - yes, I would want to but, for an appropriate example of being in a communist country, I would not expect them to hoist an American flag over their President's residence. I highly doubt China would ever allow this. In fact, I'm going to say that China would never allow it. WE should not allow this.

If I hadn't responded, it would only be proof that I'm bored to death with this faux outrage and over-the-top drama.

Honey, this is NOT faux outrage. I am seriously having a very, very difficult time controlling my temper - especially with another American citizen who is so obviously brainwashed that they choose to embrace, love, and honor all foreign governments who would IN A SECOND demolish any semblance of influence America has in the world. Go live in Tibet for a while, see how you like there. Seriously - we'd be better off without you here. I must stop typing now because I don't want to say something I might regret later.

Good day America Hater!

Edit to add: The vitriol that I hope came across in this post, is honestly felt by me and was totally ignited by your casual, flipant dismissal of America and how I feel about America. Please do not ever assume you know the intentions of others.

Edit to add again: Do not ever say that you believe in what America stands for because you do not if you think that it's alright for our democratic republic government to raise a communist government's flag at our President's residence in celebration of that government's birth. That is disgusting to me and if you really knew what America stands for, it would be disgusting to you to.

Last edit: You should direct your tolerance and love to the PEOPLE of China and Tibet and not their government. They are the ones who need it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The raising of a flag over enemy territory traditionally meant that the territory was now under your control. Similar to the planting of a flag, to claim to new territory.

I am not saying that is case here, but it seems like.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think China should stop buying your treasury bills, your FED's financial instruments, dump all of it's dollar reserves, remove the dollar peg on their currency and buy up and secure as many resources it can get it's hands on outside your borders.

Seems only fair that since they are your sworn enemy that they act like one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join