It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's national flag to fly outside White House

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

First, it was that the communist Chinese flag was going to fly on the white house lawn. Then, it was proven that it WASN'T going to be on the lawn.

So the problem became that it was the first time a communist flag was flown in front of the White House. Then, it was proven that it wasn't the first time.

Now, the problem is the actual REASON the flag will be flying within the vicinity of the White House...

Slippery little complaint this has become.

Actually, there has only been one iteration - I think because I've slept since this thread started.

Yes, Fox did come out saying that the birthday celebration was going to be held across the street. But there are many here that believe that the administration actually changed tracks and Fox was reporting the new situation. I don't know what occured, obviously because I'm not in the White House, but there is a distinct variation between how China sources have been reporting this and how the American source (only Fox right?) is reporting it. It does seem fishy to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by andrewh7

So, you're saying that Bush loved Communist China too? Raising their flag on the day of their national holiday is simply an innocuous show of respect for one of our most valuable trading partners. If you are actually concerned about this, you should go through your house and destroy everything made in China. After all, you wouldn't want to support the economy of evil communist China.

You are so wrong on so many levels. How many Americans died combating communism? How many of the ones who lived are still living today? How would you feel if you were one of those people and the U.S. government was allowing a celebration of the birth of communist China? How would you feel if you were one of those people's sons or daughters or grandsons or grandaughters? You'd feel betrayed is how you'd feel - and rightly so.

The picture that you're showing is not the same situation. Of course, the Chinese flag has been raised before at the White House, just as many other countries' flags are raised. That is the reason why I make the distinction in my OP between receiving ceremonies and this celebration. The difference here is HUGE. Do you not see the difference between a ceremonial raising of the Chinese flag as a show of respect for a dignitary vs. the raising of the Chinese flag as a celebration of the BIRTH OF COMMUNIST CHINA? If you don't then there's no hope for you.

As I stated above, please, please show me proof that we have ever done this before.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

You people are such hypocrites. You whine about China and then, ten minutes from now, you will turn on your electronics made in China and drive to Walmart to buy more stuff made in China. You'd think we were at war with China based on the way you respond to the mere presence of their flag. You love their food and their products but you hate the country for merely existing. China has been the one propping up our debt and our currency for long time. They wouldn't need to fire a single bullet to destroy the US - just cash in their bonds. Nixon was the one that reopened trade relations - I'm pretty sure he wasn't a communist and he did a whole lot more to support China than allowing a flag to be raised on a pole. Why don't you guys go find his grave and deface it?

If you can be so scared by the mere presence of a flag for a day, how do you even get out of bed in the morning? There's reckless drivers on the freeway, disgruntled mailmen at the post office, and muggers on the street. Yet, your greatest concern is a piece of cloth on a stick? Please spare me the rhetoric about soldiers who died to stop communism - none of them would have any respect for people behaving like little kids in a rated R movie. Your fear is what got us into Vietnam. Your fear is what bolsters the idea that the US can afford to and has the right to police the whole world.

You conservatives have your "offensiveness" detectors turned up so high, you're ready to shoot a man for treason if he passes gas. You guys are so behind the times - you are supposed to be spreading fear and hatred for Muslims right now, calling them all violent terrorists. Now, you're going back to cold war fear of Russians, Chinese, and Communism. Do you even know what it means to be American without being afraid of foreigners? Fear destroys rational thought - how else do you explain people who believe that the Black President must be an illegal immigrant?

The only governments that should have any fear of cloth on a stick are those that do not have the support of the people, brought about by free expression of ideas. If you people genuinely think that a Chinese flag is a significant threat to the United States, then you have little to no respect for the strength and integrity of this country.

This site has become dominated by far right-wing fearmongering. You try to silence debate with fallacious rhetoric at every turn. Most if not all political threads have become episodes of the Glenn Beck "you're all gonna die" Show.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I don't like it no way one bit.
But we are all up China's butt so what else should we expect?
Plus there is the issue of the fact that they own us now with the exploding of our debt.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't really see the problem with it, but it sounds like a weird place to do that unless it's common practice in USA?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

You said it, I read it, ok.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Abintra

Not common practice, in fact it's never been done before for this reason.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Are we so fragile that a group of Chinese Americans celebrating the founding of their country and raising their flag for one day threatens you in some way?

Yeah, Communist China.

Nice celebration; to celebrate Chairman Mao executing millions of his own people; for executing thousands of prisoners of war; the olympics where many of the distance runners boycotted because the air is too polluted...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Yeah, Communist China.

Or Imperialist Europeans that renamed themselves as Americans.

Nice celebration; to celebrate Chairman Mao executing millions of his own people; for executing thousands of prisoners of war; the olympics where many of the distance runners boycotted because the air is too polluted...

Sort of like July 4th, where we celebrate the United States of America. Trails of tears, stolen land, imported disease, slavery, famine, etc... Perhaps we have more in common with those "terrible Chinese" than we give ourselves credit for.

And before the retorts come... yes it was thousands that perished, not Mao's millions and yes it was over 200 years ago. However, when did the exact number of dead and the exact number of years determine what is and is not a horrific beginning of a country's internal system.

Sad really that so many people can get so upset and bent out of shape over bits of Made-In-China colored cloth when so many important things are going on. Want to save America? Go work in a food kitchen, go talk to a neighbor, go help a kid learn to read, but for Heaven's sake find something that will actually impact your country instead of this hysteria over the flying of a flag that will make no difference whatsoever in whether you live or die.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Sort of like July 4th, where we celebrate the United States of America. Trails of tears, stolen land, imported disease, slavery, famine, etc... Perhaps we have more in common with those "terrible Chinese" than we give ourselves credit for.

And before the retorts come... yes it was thousands that perished, not Mao's millions and yes it was over 200 years ago. However, when did the exact number of dead and the exact number of years determine what is and is not a horrific beginning of a country's internal system.

Anytime anyone brings up something like this, someone always screams, "But look what America has done in the past!!!"

I'm well aware of the sins that the US has committed. You even left out some.

I guess what really bothers people is that Communist China was established in 1949; the people that were murdered under Mao are still fresh. My neighbor escaped China during that time and has some stories that would stand your hair on end.

Originally posted by niteboy82[/i
Sad really that so many people can get so upset and bent out of shape over bits of Made-In-China colored cloth.....

What's ironic is that it's probably made in Mexico.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Sad really that so many people can get so upset and bent out of shape over bits of Made-In-China colored cloth when so many important things are going on. Want to save America? Go work in a food kitchen, go talk to a neighbor, go help a kid learn to read, but for Heaven's sake find something that will actually impact your country instead of this hysteria over the flying of a flag that will make no difference whatsoever in whether you live or die.

Why do you assume that we don't already do these things? I do these things AND I take time to scream bloody murder when Communist China's flag is about to be raised in honor and celebration of it's birth as a nation.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

heynow... if you really want to form an informed opinion on the matter you MIGht.. (just a suggestion here buddy) .. you MIGHT want to understand that China was purposefully created as a manufacturing powerhouse BY British/U.S. agents.
Mao was groomed, raised to power and coddled along to erect the very image we see today.
It's al lpart of the bigger picture..
for you to get all squabbl about the "HMPH!"s and the "WELL I NEVER!"s... is in reality quite naive.

do yo research.

might want to start with Bush Senior being ambassador to China during Nixon admin. and work your way back/forward from that pivotal time.

collaborating super power states playing proxy states against each other for mutual defense contract benefit, and moral-less biological research is an age old game, dear sir.

-

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It was not just China, it was the entire Asia Pacific. The technology is developed in Japan and Korea, then when its worked out, they manufacture it out into either China, Malaysia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Thailand ettc.. depending on the niche product and the factory required to produce it.

It is all part of the great Empire, of which China and the Us are part of the same. US is the pitbull which forcibly introduces our business into new markets, then China floods them with the products our businesses sell, and the Rest of the European powerhouses finance the spending.

I say, who cares. Obviosuly nobody on here cuz it aint like there is any progress to stop it. Most of South America has begun liberating itself from the clutches of the empire, but it wont last. The Empires media propoganda is too strong, and once the legal serve time is up for these leaders, they will be replaced with our puppets once again.

If you draw a timeline of empires, you can see how it spread. Came out of the middle East orignially (babylonia, sumeria) , spread out into Europe (greek, roman) strengthened with time (acquisition of Britannia, 100 years war, consolidation of Monarchy's) continued west across the Atlantic (independance slowed it down, but the civil war saw North America taken back by Europe) then WW1 attempted to gain a permanent foothold in Europe and reintroduce itself into the middle east. World War 2 saw the acquisition of the Asia pacific with the growing securing of Middle East interest. And now up into today we continue to take on the Middle East, where the Empire were born thousands of years ago.

Only wild card is Africa, maybe they just are able to naturally see through all the bull# the Empire has to offer, but we sure play one hell of a role in keeping it in chaos to rape its mineral wealth.

So I'll just say this, if you hate Communist China, you also hate Capitalist US, because we are but one and the same

Just keep working to live happy and none of it will ever come to haunt you ok?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

We gave religion another chance,

we should let Communism rule and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

There is no doubt that our national history is as tainted with the grief of humans as any other could be - however, the premise of eliminating the bourgeois capitalists was an explicit function of the Chinese 'revolution'; our 'revolution' on the other hand wasn't not about killing anyone - generally speaking.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
We gave religion another chance,

we should let Communism rule and see what happens.

Yeah, since Communism did such a bang-up job in Russia. Just ask the Romanov Family.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
NO WAY!
What the he double hockey sticks are they trying to pull? I am angry over this - no other flag but ours (USA) should fly at OUR White House. Sickening!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is utterly Ridiculous if it is still going to happen

www.foxnews.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

No COMMUNIST FLAG WILL EVER FLY IN A FREEDOM LOVING DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY !

www.newstin.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Good day America Hater!

Edit to add: The vitriol that I hope came across in this post, is honestly felt by me and was totally ignited by your casual, flipant dismissal of America and how I feel about America. Please do not ever assume you know the intentions of others.

Edit to add again: Do not ever say that you believe in what America stands for because you do not if you think that it's alright for our democratic republic government to raise a communist government's flag at our President's residence in celebration of that government's birth. That is disgusting to me and if you really knew what America stands for, it would be disgusting to you to.

Last edit: You should direct your tolerance and love to the PEOPLE of China and Tibet and not their government. They are the ones who need it.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

I hate to say it, but clearly you have bought in to the iconography which places undue value on symbols. This relative trifle; this hoisting of fabric allegedly in honor of the birth of a nation whose broad stroke political ideology is in opposition to what you perceive our nation to represent, is driving you to the point of frothing madness.

Yet the ongoing destruction of our imaginary economy through the creation of debt owed to China has not driven you off the deep end?

If you can get this worked up by a single piece of ill-timed and badly thought your symbolism, I can not for the life of me imagine how you did not end up on a clocktower when The Patriot Act more or less destroyed the Bill of Rights. How have you not been arrested trying to throttle people to death at Federal Reserve Building?

I find your concern with this issue to be disproportionate. This is not to say that it is wrong to take some offense (though I will wait and see if this is indeed a state visit) it's just odd that iconography should not be the source of this level of teeming outrage.

It's almost Pavlovian. Have you take a moment to consider what may be causing you to have this kind of visceral reaction?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Check my profile. It has a list of every thread I have created. Read my views on the things you say I'm not worked up about. What you will find is that this outward affront to what the U.S. is supposed to stand for was, at the time of posting that comment, the last straw. I have never used the term "America hater" before, yes, I reacted strongly and I lashed out. I am not proud of losing my temper but I will not apologize for why I lost my temper.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join