It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's national flag to fly outside White House

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
LOL@ condaSLEEZEA rice lol i like that! good one..
Well they were waving american falgs in china..a nice noble ting..but it wasnt a HUGE american flag being rasied at thier dictaators, eh i mean presidential headquyarters, was it...
waving small hand held flags is what yuo do anywhere in the world, as if it was a parade going by... rasining a huge 14x 2 4 or whatever it is , in feet, falg, on the very central nervous center of a countrys function is another thing.... you didnt see the men of Io jima hold small hand 4th of july flags,...the american flag wasnt planted on the western side of nzi germany, when germany was divided up..neil armstrong on the moon planted and american flag, you dint see him with a small firecracker falg..why? because the size of the falg, tells the story! it means you here to show you mean business!
People who are patriotic, and hang american flags frm ther porches every year or year round, are making thier tatement..they belive in america. Just because they love china, i mean, youde never see them hanging a chinese flag of their porch, in place of the american flag!!!
i jsut think its morally and politically wrong, IF this is all true then..for the very center of WE THE PEOPLE, the government is making a descison without our consent, to post a communist countrys symbol... i work with an older guy form china..i asked him one day, are htey really communist over thier. his answer..not all of them, but the problem is, the old timers still in parliment ARE, and often do have influnces on others thier in thier cabinet.
George washngton would turn over in his grave, if he knew or saw any othr countrys flag , posted and stationed outside the whitehouse. I bet lincold would have been in an uproar... its wrong. its all about favortism and business... they wanna raise a flag for china when they come. fine..fly a plane that spells out with its exhaust, welcome and fly a chinee falg behind it..whatever// any contrys falg IN governemnt, outside ot the unite naions, is treasones and degrading to too what our freedoms are , to us, and represent.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
When it come to domestic policies this administration is emulating Stalin.

When it comes to financial policies, this administration emulates Lenin.

When it comes to foreign policies, it's amateur hour.

Good God Almighty.

Every day I wake up and ask myself, "What is the absolutely dumbest thing that he can do today?"

And he's already done it.

We've regressed to embrace failed concepts nearly a hundred years old, and have done so in less than a year.

The flag? Hell, why not?

The Chinese probably own the White House anyway.

Dumb SOB.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well why not! it wasn't so long ago that Chi Comms who only a week before were busting the heads of buddhist monks were seen marching the olympic flame through the streets of San Fransisco.

Is it really so surprising?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well shoot if they want to celebrate communist china's birthday by golly I support it 100%. Thanks to communist China, I have a wonderful computer to post rantings on the internet that I am able to purchase at closeout prices!

Every year the prices of flat screens goes down and I thank China for making it cheaper and cheaper to producde them.

I think we should all take a nice trip to China one day and enjoy their ancient culture. One of the longest standing civilizations on Earth now provides our over consuming populace with tools to carry on with their lives.

Thank you China for my lamp, my printer, my comp, my telephone and cell phone, my PS3, my TV, toys for my kids, and a whole lotta stuff.

Nope I am not Chinese, but I do ennjoy the prices of their products.
As far as human rights go, we all have our skeletons. I not gonna hate a culture and country just because they choose a different economic system.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hi all,
Seems to me the United States is so dependant on China (debt holdings), Shirts and help w/North Korea's nuc disposition. Showing a little cloth respect to help ensure Russia/China offensive strategies don't over-merge.

Bush1, Clinton, Bush2 really helped China take all usual MFG commerce by the Thread.

Decoy

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

One may be so inclined to think that the Nation's first Black President (TM) is instigating these feelings.
Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Now, Jay, you are correct, as this has been brought up time and again by Obama supporters.

It's the only defense they have against a continual progression of missteps, complicated by back-tracks, miscalculations, erroneous logic, failed financial policy, and a black hole of foreign affairs. (no pun intended. I didn't name them that.)

Stupidity knows no colors.

You got your White stupidity, and your Black stupidity. I guess that makes it all fair, so it becomes apparent that you've got white dumbasses and black dumbasses.

This particular one just happens to be half and half.

Come to think of it, I've known Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Hmong, Rhades, Japanese, Nungs, Montagnards, and Laotians, but I never met a person of Oriental relations that was stupid.

Did you ever notice that? Those Orientals are pretty damned smart. They work hard, they study all the time . . .

Maybe we should elect a person of Oriental descent the next time!

If we ever have elections again.

Hell, we may not even have a country in 2012.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by dooper]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I've met some Thai women that are pretty dense, but in the rest of your post I agree.
And I should reiterate WOMEN from Thailand... And the Phillipines.

Not all of them, but quite a few.

They feel as if it is their job to do as a man says. Screw studying...

But for the most part, I agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well Hu Jintao isn't going anywhere near the US in september so is not a ceremony.

Source :

english.gov.cn...

english.gov.cn...

(sorry if this has already been posted)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Now Jay, just think a moment about what you said.

Thai women like to do as their man says.

I'd say that's brilliant!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well, I can't speak from personal knowledge about the submissiveness of Thai women being brilliant in this regard, but I can with the Phillipino women...

And yeah, it is brilliant!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
CASE CLOSED!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31d1e9a6b3e7.jpg[/atsimg]

OP - If you're going to intentionally mislead people, it would be prudent to work off the assumption that your readers have access to google. If you honestly thought this was unprecedented, consider verifying your claims in the future.

This reminds me of the fearmongering over Obama's Czars - "Are we turning into communists?" The problem with that logic was that Nixon appointed the first Czars and Reagan continued this practice with new additions.

Some of you appear to have a strong affinity for being led around on a leash - told what to be afraid of and what contradictory facts should simply be ignored.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yeah Hu Jintao has already been to the US to meet bush. So what ? The object of the OP is to happen on the 20th of sept.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
Yeah Hu Jintao has already been to the US to meet bush. So what ? The object of the OP is to happen on the 20th of sept.

See that Red flapping thing in the background - You know the source of the current controversy. If you'll take a moment to scroll to the top of the thread, you'll see the phrase "China's national flag is fly outside White House." In order for the flag's future raising to qualify as evidence that Obama loves communist countries it would probably have to be something that Bush never did.

So, you're saying that Bush loved Communist China too? Raising their flag on the day of their national holiday is simply an innocuous show of respect for one of our most valuable trading partners. If you are actually concerned about this, you should go through your house and destroy everything made in China. After all, you wouldn't want to support the economy of evil communist China.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
No actually the problem is that the flag will be put out, to celibrate the 60th anniversary of the birth of communist china, and not for a state arrival ceremony (like on your photo). And my links prove that no state visit is going to happen on the 20th.

I mean god now the US is celebrating the birth of COMMUNISTE CHINA... No Hu Jintao to shake obama's hand on the 20th.

Yes of course the chinese flag has already flown at the white house, but when you put the reason into context it's amazing.

I am just putting facts into place, for people who think it's a state arrival ceremony, it is not.
Personnaly I have nothing against china, except for them sh**ing on humain rights.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by WeSbO]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Excellent work OP!

This is a matter that deserves attention.

And this fact too:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b94069921b3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I have heard that this country and it's people were given as collateral for the massive debt we owe China. Your explanation appears more true than mine. Hopefully it will remain that way.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
CASE CLOSED!

Uh no it isn't.

OP - If you're going to intentionally mislead people, it would be prudent to work off the assumption that your readers have access to google. If you honestly thought this was unprecedented, consider verifying your claims in the future.

I have verified them. It IS unprecedented. Please note that the picture you showed is from a receiving ceremony of which we have many. A head of state receiving ceremony. Also, note in my OP that I state that this IS NOT a receiving ceremony - that it IS a celebration of the birth of a communist country. If you are going to make accusations against my intentions, then I suggest you actually read, and try to comprehend my OP first.

I would be very glad to revise my OP with new information - in fact I already did that when Fox came out with their rebuttal to the story. If you can show me proof that the U.S. has ever raised a communist flag in celebration of the birth of a communist country, I'd be glad to revise it again! Don't accuse until you understand what you're talking about.

Some of you appear to have a strong affinity for being led around on a leash - told what to be afraid of and what contradictory facts should simply be ignored.

If you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen where this particular inaccuracy has already been discussed ad naseum. Please read and try to comprehend before you accuse.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Free Speech is for everyone. Not just for those with whom you agree.

No actually the problem is that the flag will be put out, to celibrate the 60th anniversary of the birth of communist china, and not for a state arrival ceremony (like on your photo).

Now, the problem shifts.

First, it was that the communist Chinese flag was going to fly on the white house lawn. Then, it was proven that it WASN'T going to be on the lawn.

So the problem became that it was the first time a communist flag was flown in front of the White House. Then, it was proven that it wasn't the first time.

Now, the problem is the actual REASON the flag will be flying within the vicinity of the White House...

Slippery little complaint this has become.

I mean god now the US is celebrating the birth of COMMUNISTE CHINA...

"The US" is not celebrating. The Fujian Association is celebrating.

NOW, what is the new problem? That the US will ALLOW the Fujian Association to celebrate the birth of their mother country within sight of the White House?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

So, you're saying that Bush loved Communist China too? Raising their flag on the day of their national holiday is simply an innocuous show of respect for one of our most valuable trading partners. If you are actually concerned about this, you should go through your house and destroy everything made in China. After all, you wouldn't want to support the economy of evil communist China.

You are so wrong on so many levels. How many Americans died combating communism? How many of the ones who lived are still living today? How would you feel if you were one of those people and the U.S. government was allowing a celebration of the birth of communist China? How would you feel if you were one of those people's sons or daughters or grandsons or grandaughters? You'd feel betrayed is how you'd feel - and rightly so.

The picture that you're showing is not the same situation. Of course, the Chinese flag has been raised before at the White House, just as many other countries' flags are raised. That is the reason why I make the distinction in my OP between receiving ceremonies and this celebration. The difference here is HUGE. Do you not see the difference between a ceremonial raising of the Chinese flag as a show of respect for a dignitary vs. the raising of the Chinese flag as a celebration of the BIRTH OF COMMUNIST CHINA? If you don't then there's no hope for you.

As I stated above, please, please show me proof that we have ever done this before.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join