It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House will publicly release visitor logs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

White House will publicly release visitor logs

www.ksn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says his administration will make public a listing of visitors to the White House, reversing a long-standing policy transcending presidents and party affiliations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The move could shed light on the people who influence White House decision-making. It comes following a White House review of its disclosure policy, one that was prompted by a lawsuit from the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

Until now, the Obama had sided with the Bush administration's stand of refusing to release records, in contrast with Obama's pledge of transparency. But Obama said Friday: "We will achieve our goal of making this administration the most open and transparent administration in history."

So, there you have it. President Obama is going to make the visitor logs public. I would love to believe it, it says it's going to happen, right there...just read up a few lines. This was on a WEB SITE! That makes it real!

I get this really strange feeling that 'disclosure' and 'making things public' doesn't have the same meaning for everyone.

I will put a dozen donuts on the bet that there will be some days missing, some names blacked out, or big chunks of time missing in the log.

Any takers?

www.ksn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ill take that bet....but only because theres a possibility of donuts.
I do agree with you though.
Make it a bakers dozen and Im in

mmmmm.......donuts

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Somebody is paying up doughnuts.

Here is the catch clause.

The releases will have an exception for visitors whose names can’t be disclosed because of national security concerns or in cases where the visit is confidential, such as a presidential interview with a potential Supreme Court nominee.

www.bloomberg.com...

Guess who gets to define national security concerns?

BTW, why was the administration fighting this in the first place? Kinda contradicts their promise of transparency. Transparency didn't come till after the lawsuits.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by jam321]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Good grief. YOu people are never happy.

Of course there are people you can't show. I don't think there is anything odd about that.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
yeah like they won't remove any names that shouldn't be there. why do people believe everything the government says or do without questioning it? so if they said it was a weather balloon, show some pictures of it, put that balloon on display, you're going to take their words for it? bull if you ask me, releasing this log won't change anything. they can manipulate anything and everything. if they said mexico was south of the border i still wouldn't believe them.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
yeah like they won't remove any names that shouldn't be there. why do people believe everything the government says or do without questioning it? so if they said it was a weather balloon, show some pictures of it, put that balloon on display, you're going to take their words for it? bull if you ask me, releasing this log won't change anything. they can manipulate anything and everything. if they said mexico was south of the border i still wouldn't believe them.

Good question. Maybe instead of removing the names, they could just stop having 'secret meetings. Secrecy is a breeding ground for lies, if you ask me.
If they don't want people to KNOW that they are meeting with Bin Laden, they shouldn't invite him to the White House. Pretty simple really. Go meet him at the Starbucks or something. When he comes to OUR White House, I think we have a right to know.

top topics

join