It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag of China to be raised at White House on 9/20

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Basically they asked if they could do this.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, there are a lot of Chinese Americans.

And American history tends to omit that the Chinese helped us settle the wild west. But Chinese have been a part of our history.

Yes there have been Chinese people in our country for a Long time.
But you hit the nail on the head when you said Chinese AMERICANS.
I don't understand Why the PRC wants to hold a celebration of the founding of the PRC here in the U.S.
Be that as it may, I understand that the Flag will come down later that day.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't think China's flag is all that different than ours. It's not like little communist fibers are going to flake off and get on everyone and turn us all into Communists... Is it?

Well, we already had a large, human sized communist fiber flake off on November 4, 2008...

It is the priciple of the issue, honestly. There was once a time not that long ago when the people of the USA were revulsed by communism. Sadly, it appears there is a very vocal minority here today who hold just enough power to silence those patriotic voices.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No one made a big deal when Bush flew the Chinese flag on the White House lawn...

Chinese State Arrival Ceremony

Notice the 9th picture (#81) that displays the US and Chinese flags side by side.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Great find BH!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I understand your fears. But despite popular belief, the money China loaned the US is not something they can yank out under us. And they did it to protect their own economy.

We have a good thing here. So I understand why everyone wants to make sure they keep it.

Though I do find it odd that global economy and welfare is all based on one or two countries. BUT that is a thread for another time.

Does China have its issues? Certianly. The human rights and environmental rights alone are staggering.

So I see your points.

But I also believe we should keep the relationship if to just be a good influence if anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Chinese Flag will NOT fly on White House Lawn!

Just FYI. Everyone can take a deep breath of relief.

Whew! Close one, huh?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join