It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA & DHS preparing for something BIG near Chicago?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

An Indiana county municipal official in the vicinity of Chicago reveals the contents of his meetings with FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security. The initial requests seem reasonable enough when FEMA asks the county officials to prepare a Hazard Mitigation Plan to deal with flooding, fires, high winds and tornadoes.
But as the required meetings and calls with FEMA and DHS continue over a two year period their request become more unusual, raising suspicions of county officials
Listen to the audio:

We want to know every important thing in this county. We want to know where police departments are. Where weapons are stored. Hazardous material. Where can we land a helicopter. Where are the airports. How big a plane can you land at the airport. Where are all the bridges. Where are all the power stations. Where are all the generating stations.Where are all the substations. They literally wanted to know where everything was. Im sitting there thinking man if there was ever martial law. This kind of information is exactly the kind of stuff they are going to want. Were just laying it all out for them right there.
During the legally mandated meetings held with FEMA and DHS different disaster scenarios were reveled to county officials:

• In late December 2008 municipal officials were invited to Indianapolis for a briefing on the state of Indiana. There were told if industry were to collapse for example GM going bankrupt resulting in mass unemployment a depression would soon follow and municipalities could expect to loose 40% of their funds.
  • Every county in the nation would be required to prepare a Hazard Mitigation Plan.
  • The county should prepare a plan to vaccinate the entire population within 48 hours and practice the plan several times.
  • FEMA inquired to where mass graves could be placed in the county and would they accept bodies from elsewhere.
  • The sheriffs department via the state sheriff association was told that no .223 ammunition rounds would be available as the military would be purchasing all stocks.
  • The county was asked to make plans for hardening of police and fire stations, putting in hardened bunker type buildings around town.
  • The county was asked to make plans for the possibility of up to 400,000 refugees from Chicago.

Anyone live around there? Anything weird going on?

The plans have been in the works for a couple years?
Suspicious much? They've had alot of time to prepare.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wow, over two years of planning.

How long did they say it took Obama to plan 9/11?

Is this the only county Fema is having these kind of meetings with?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Almost the exact same post here...
Above Top Secret Forum

[edit on 9/4/2009 by x2Strongx]

[edit on 9/4/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Almost the exact same post here...
Above Top Secret Forum

You should really do a search before posting...

Aye, but you are allowed to discuss the same topic in differant forums. This being the General Conspiracy forum and that one being the Military and Government Projects forum.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Wow, that is an interesting lead. I could not understand the audio of that call at all, chalk it up to my hearing loss, but the article is interesting. The military is buying up all the .223 ammo? I am no gun expert, but what do they have that uses .223?

Maybe it is time to review our alternative weapon strategies in case we to get all Red Dawn on them.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

They literally wanted to know where everything was. Im sitting there thinking man if there was ever martial law. This kind of information is exactly the kind of stuff they are going to want. Were just laying it all out for them right there.

Of course they want to know where everything is. This notion of access is definitely more than what they need to know for a natural disaster.

More information to know, if they were, to say, invoke something...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I am no gun expert, but what do they have that uses .223?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe thats for the AR-15, M16 guns.

2nd liner.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Wow, that is an interesting lead. I could not understand the audio of that call at all, chalk it up to my hearing loss, but the article is interesting. The military is buying up all the .223 ammo? I am no gun expert, but what do they have that uses .223?

Maybe it is time to review our alternative weapon strategies in case we to get all Red Dawn on them.

Its a small caliber rifle, light weight ,AR-15. Just dosen't have a long range, made for troops for close combat. I have one because that is what the martial law forces will be equiped with. I will just take their ammo thank you very much.

As to activity and allready posted in feb , I feel this is one of those topics we need to keep tabs on.

[edit on 9/4/2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

The M16 uses a .223 round. Despite what I have seen posted, it can have a very nice range and is a very good all around assault round. It is almost universal with the NATO 5.56 round as well. Most assault rifles use these rounds.

Yeah, something is certainly up - S&F for the OP! I wonder, like many of you, if this isolated to Chicago OR is this occuring with other large metropolitan areas? Anyone with any info on that???

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

We want to know every important thing in this county. We want to know where police departments are. Where weapons are stored. Hazardous material. Where can we land a helicopter. Where are the airports. How big a plane can you land at the airport. Where are all the bridges. Where are all the power stations. Where are all the generating stations.Where are all the substations. They literally wanted to know where everything was. Im sitting there thinking man if there was ever martial law. This kind of information is exactly the kind of stuff they are going to want. Were just laying it all out for them right there.

It's also exactly what you want to know in a disaster scenario.

Putting together a comprehensive disaster plan for an area requires the planners to know where everything of value is so that it can be useful in the event of an emergency. This is entirely ordinary and is exactly what they should be doing to plan for a future major incident.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Governments are almost never prepared enough ahead of time for the things they need to be concerned about. Seeing that they are so "heads up" this time on something coming down the pike, you have to think that whatever it is, it is something their own doing -- the "catastrophe" that is.

They are getting so prepared ahead of time for whatever is going to happen because they are the ones who are going to make it happen.

Otherwise they would just react to it at the time with an inadequate response like they usually do.

Yes, I would be very concerned if I lived in America. As I'm right next door I also am concerned.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Governments are almost never prepared enough ahead of time for the things they need to be concerned about. Seeing that they are so "heads up" this time on something coming down the pike, you have to think that whatever it is, it is something their own doing -- the "catastrophe" that is.

They are getting so prepared ahead of time for whatever is going to happen because they are the ones who are going to make it happen.

Otherwise they would just react to it at the time with an inadequate response like they usually do.

Yes, I would be very concerned if I lived in America. As I'm right next door I also am concerned.

The city I live in has a great team of resilience planners.

They realised that all of the existing plans they had were just paper tigers. Completely unworkable in the field and had to be overhauled. I assume this is exactly what has happened with that FEMA area.

So, in my city, they made a comprehensive reassessment of the area and the different scenarios, they worked out evacuation routes and divided the city into different zones, sending leaflets and maps to people in the area to ensure they know at least a basic level of knowledge about what might happen in an emergency. They also set up phone and email systems to notify people who signed up. It's been a great success and tens of thousands of people have signed up for more info.

While I don't expect anything to happen it's good to see that the people being paid to do these jobs sometimes just manage to get it right.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There has been some strange Military Fly Overs here south of Nashville TN, here's a video of a C130 refueling a Chinook Helicopter.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There has been some strange Military Fly Overs here south of Nashville TN, here's a video I took yesterday of a C130 refueling a Chinook Helicopter.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Indianapolis - A low-flying plane over downtown Indianapolis caused quite a concern for many people Thursday night. Our newsroom received several calls of concern from people who saw it.

The Indianapolis Colts' Thursday night game will be remembered for more than just the team's preseason win over the Philadelphia Eagles. The Colts grounded the Eagles but the pregame flyover is another story.

An amateur photographer captured a low flying KC-135 Stratotanker circling the city skyline. Residents even called 911 to report the unusual occurrence.

"It got pretty close. I was like, wow, it is not supposed to get that close. Kind of scaring me," said one caller.

"We've had a lot of calls about it today," the dispatch operator replied. "It's the Colts doing some promotion with it."

"The Colts doing some promotion? Not a very good idea," the caller said.

"We are getting call after call after it. We didn't know nothing about it 'til you guys started calling and then we had to check into it," said the operator.

The FAA cleared up the matter Friday.

"The 82nd Airborne requested a waiver from the FAA to do a parachute jump in Greenfield, Indiana. In addition they also requested a waiver for a fly-by over the city of Indianapolis and so we granted the waiver. Everything was legal and they did what they said they were going to do," said Elizabeth Isham Corry, FAA.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Probably mapping out features in the city...
Interesting post

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Wow, over two years of planning.

How long did they say it took Obamato plan 9/11?

Is this the only county Fema is having these kind of meetings with?

Are you suggesting that the Democrats planned and executed 9/11? Then framing Bush and the Republicans by spreading propaganda and lies making it look like it was Bush & Co in hopes to tarnish the (R)s for once and for all?

Hmm, they do have a history of waging war on their own civilians. Just ask the Branch Davidians.

Oh, and they are the party of, "Never Let A Good Crisis Go To Waste".

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
? I dont get it the Government messes up with New Orleans and Katrina they effed that up no help came for almost 2 weeks everyone got mad and said the Government didnt do their job.

Now they are preparing for major disasters and attacks on us basically getting their s**t together and everyones saying they are getting ready for martial law and mandatory vaccination of the people.

Make up your minds either you want them to be prepared and help when something happens or you want them out of your lives and not deal with them? I personally believe nothing will happen as far as martial law at least not nation wide I can see if another Katrina type event happens then yes they will declare it in the city/county or state but not on every state in the US even if it was truly and outbreak of anything (however if there was Im sure martial law would not be needed as the majority wont dare leave anywhere they didnt have to go to).

Its like the end of the world everyone keeps saying its coming and were close but it never happens same thing here martial law was coming with Bush he was preparing for it it didnt happen then it was like oh now I get it he was preparing it for Obama cause hes the real Dicatator, when it doesnt happen with Obama theyll be saying it about the next POTUS. I say just live your life if something like this did happen you cant prevent it you can stop it with great numbers but while its being planned theres nothing you can do.

Example - you find out concrete proof the Government will declare martial law on Tuesday after the 3 day weekend its being planned you know about it you get the word out do you think regular American citizens are going to fight with you with a piece of paper as your proof? Hell no they have families and their own lives to think about. However on Tuesday when it happens and they are being shipped to the centers once they are there believe me people will get together and fight because at that point is when they will realize freedom is worth dieing for when your comfortable and believe you are free why mess it up but once your locked up in cage believe me youll do anything to get out and thats contagious. /rant

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerdling

While I don't expect anything to happen it's good to see that the people being paid to do these jobs sometimes just manage to get it right.

Doesn't it seem just a bit over the top though? It could just be that 911 was a needed catalyst to get all this planning going. The problem for me is that there remain so many questions about 911 that the possibility that it was a (secret) government scheme is still there.

The flip-side of all the "security" measures that have been taken is a boost in capacity to "control".

All the purported good intentions do not make up for the lingering doubt in my mind. I would definitely keep myself aware of and alert to alternative possibilities of what they are up to.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by M4K4V3LI

Only problem with the degree/extent of all this emergency planning is that there will never be a Katrina in Chicago. There is probably never in our lifetime going to be .7 earthquake there either.

So what is the big disaster threat they are thinking about, and for which they will need all the bullets? Chicago might get a tornado but that would never require the evacuation of thousands.

Every community has or should have some sort of disaster plan; however, what is being done now is way over the top and beyond what could be expected. There is something they know, that we do not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join