It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Father Foresaw His Own Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hey guys, I've been a long time reader but I never had anything interesting enough to post. A week and a half ago at around 5:00am, my father was getting ready to leave for work and came into my room. He said "Mike, I love you. Have a great day". I kind of laughed a little because he never did anything like that before and said "I love you too". He usually leaves as quietly as possible so not to wake anyone in the house up.

At 7:30am, we got a call from the police that our father has been in a car accident. He was at the hospital and we needed to come right away. Before we got there, he passed away.

That night, we were all devastated and I was going through some of the drawers in his room. On the very top of one of them was a sticky note. The drawer was well organized and this note was just thrown on top of everything. Here is what it says:

"I'm sorry, but it had to happen. If they didn't get me today, it would have been tomorrow. Sorry and I love you all."

Does anyone know what this means? It's so vague and it's bothering me to no end. I feel like it is going to consume me for the rest of my life because it is so cryptic.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
From the sound of it your father may have believed someone was after him, and decided that ending his life was better than waiting for someone else to do it for him.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It doesnt matter what we think - it needs to matter what the authorities think!

That note needs to be taken to the police department. This could very well turn from a simple car accident investigation to a full on murder investigation!

Avenge your father... push this until SOMEONE listens.

Did his brakes not work, for example?

You know where Im going with this, Im sure. Very sorry for your loss.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Wow, I'm really sorry for your loss. I agree with Little One, you should take that note to the police department and push for an investigation. In the mean time keep your head up and cherish your memories with your dad. Good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't really think someone was after him. He was a construction worker and really keeps to himself. My mother said that he was bothered by strange dreams almost every day for a week before this happened. He wouldn't tell her what the dreams were about, but she said he was visibly shaken. And he was always a calm and collected guy.

Thank you for your sympathies.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I should also probably mention that he was very clairvoyant and had a ton of stories of seeing ghosts as well as seeing deceased family members in his dreams.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes, I would take the note to police too. The CIA has been known to kill via a car accident, although a faked heart attack is the favored method. What did your Father do for a living, what was he in the military? This smells fishy. My sympathies to you, and know that nothing really dies, it just passes into a new dimension. You father will be waiting for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We dont know those which we live with.

We dont know those which we birth.

All we know is what they want us to know!

Countless are the men that have gay relationships lasting years - while married to their wife and having kids.

Countless are the people married to people involved in organized crime yet everyone is oblivious! Wife especially.

Dont think for one second you knew all about your dad. You ONLY knew what he WANTED you to know.

Trust me.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If you are genuine then this is a tough question, if you are for real I'd think you'd have already went to the police with that note since it could consider he was murdered, yet at the same time it could consider he crashed the car himself.

I'm sorry if f this is genuine though. If it is, then he could have had people after him or he may have been deluded about them and had a crash while thinking he was being tailed.

edit: to me, "if they didn't do it today, they'd do it tomorrow" insists that it could be a suicide due to the way it is written and the grammar used. i mean if he really did leave that note you should give it to the police because it seems obviously related to his death.

[edit on 4/9/09 by Nventual]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thanks Little One,

The main reason why I came here was because of this line:

"If they didn't get me today, it would have been tomorrow."

He almost seems like he "chose" that day. We deduced that the note was definitely written that morning.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your lost.

Even though you think there was no foul play, I would let the police take a look at it anyway. Your dad could have ran into problems and felt it best not to tell his family so you all wouldn't worry.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Thanks for everyones replies. I didn't write it in the post, but the note said "Do not show this to anybody". I felt guilty even writing this post because of it. My family decided to keep the note to themselves and not bring it to the authorities.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
May I ask you - before this goes any further - to produce the note?

It would be nice to see it if we are going to speak about it. A snap shot would do. You can read a post it fine from a close up.

Of course you could fake the note but that would be a stupid waste of your time. And something you would have to live with.

But here at ATS - we like to see that which we discuss when possible. We need a little proof.

EDITED TO SAY:

If ANYONE was against this going to the authorities - ITS THAT PERSON THAT HOLDS ALL OF YOUR ANSWERS! Its also that person who 'knows'. Mama would WALK 20 miles - uphill both ways - in the snow to get it to the police... UNLESS she knew something! Something she didnt want ANYONE else to know!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Little One]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As another member stated your father probably felt someone was out to get him. That note could be valuable evidence, I'd turn it in man.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Little One,

Yes. I can't get the note right now but as soon as I am home alone I will take a picture of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mraffo123

Thanks Hun and again... so very sorry for your loss. Lets just make sure Dad dont 'go out like dat'. K?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Can someone let me know how to upload a picture? Sorry, like I said before, I've been a long time reader but never made a post before today.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Easiest way: Post it elsewhere and post the link.

Not being a smartie. But I dont know either. Its hard here - harder than it needs to be.

Use like flickr or photobucket to upload - then just post the link to the image. Thats what I do... dont have time for the ATS way.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mraffo123

Well, did he seem to work for the government or something?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss and my sympathy goes out to your family also.
I think I might have one clue to what your Dad was talking about. You said he had a dream that kept recurring???
Well. now this might sounds nuts to some people, but then again, some of you may have experienced it with a family member. When I worked in a nursing home, many of the residents complained of seeing a man in black in dreams and in real life. Those in the Alzheimer unit saw this phenomenon the most.
My Mom also saw it, an predicted her death too ,which happened this past December. So I know how you feel.
Sounds crazy, but could be something to it.

<<   2 >>

join