It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an example of cloud seeding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've had my eyes to the skys a lot lately, and have seen plenty of linear trails here and there, but on the way to work this morning I saw this. It may be something common, but it's the first I've seen. Is this cloud seeding? It's not the best picture but it was outside my work...I didn't want people seeing me standing around taking picture of clouds, you know how it is:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/236b96d2f51a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A “Hole Punch” cloud is a non-technical name given to a cloud formed from an aircraft dissipation hole or trail. They are also called "Punch Hole" clouds. Rather than extending as a line, Hole Punch clouds appear as a circular or oval hole in a deck or thin layer of supercooled water clouds. They are not uncommon where jet flight paths intersect altocumulus or cirrocumulus layers.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No, cloud seeding involves either towering cumulonumber storms for rainfall enhancement, or stratiform winter storms for snowfall increase.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is a picture of cloud seeding.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeebsy
A “Hole Punch” cloud is a non-technical name given to a cloud formed from an aircraft dissipation hole or trail. They are also called "Punch Hole" clouds. Rather than extending as a line, Hole Punch clouds appear as a circular or oval hole in a deck or thin layer of supercooled water clouds. They are not uncommon where jet flight paths intersect altocumulus or cirrocumulus layers.

Thats correct

I would also like to add that falling ice crystals, or vriga....from cirrus clouds also create this affect in altocumulus clouds

top topics

join