It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"When about half of everything we knew about al Qaeda came from that one source." ~Cheney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
ABC News

The following is a transcript from ABC News' Jonathan Karl's exclusive interview with Vice President Dick Cheney on Dec. 15, 2008 in the Executive Office Building.

I think, for example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was the number three man in al Qaeda, the man who planned the attacks of 9/11, provided us with a wealth of information. There was a period of time there, three or four years ago, when about half of everything we knew about al Qaeda came from that one source. So, it's been a remarkably successful effort. I think the results speak for themselves.

I find this part unbelievably shocking...Cheney admits to half of American intelligence 3-4 years ago coming from this one source which was obtained through torture...That puts us right around mid 2004 when the "intelligence" was gathered... "Half" of what we knew came from one source...ONE SOURCE!... 3 years after the attacks of 9/11...does that not scream insanity!?

So, what I want to know, is why four years later have they not used all this "successfull wealth" of information that was attained through unconstitutional torture has not been used to eliminate "Al Quaeda"? Since such a wealth of information came from this one source multiple years after the attacks...how much did we not know before we went storming into Afhganistan?

[*SNIP*]

This is utterly sickening...Why didn't the media pick up on this?

And what is left besides Americas empty pockets, families torn apart from multiple deployments by our forces, an innocently ravaged country and devastation?...

Oh ya billions of dollars in government contracts, a new generation with tons of motivations to kill innocent Americans via terrorist attacks (providing plenty of enemy for our troops to be fighting), military installations for our display of militaristic power...What happened to: “Speak softly and carry a big stick."?...and a front for any future intervention where Americans are used to do the dirty work...

No, we have these [*SNIP*] in power who in any other time in history would be lynched, decapitated or at least assasinated...

I have always tried to question myself what I wopuld do if I were president of the U.S. when 9/11 occured, and the only thing I can rationalize is to send our FBI, CIA, NSA and special operations in full hunt to seek and destroy those who prpotrated the crimes...

Sending thousands and thousands of troops across the world to fight a few ghost is the most assanying and stupid decision any American President has ever made...

Never once was our mission to eliminate the Taliban. Never once was it necessary to expand into Iraq. We could have with the supoprt of our air power gone into Afhganistan covertly at our whim and done whatever we wanted...We could have hired or payed off informants that could have gone deep into terrorist territory that today cant get past the doorstep to some of these extremist organizations because they know how badly we want their blood...

No... these stupid fools at the steering wheel of our nation decided to create hell on earth...And in many ways spark the beginning of the end for America...

We had the entire world on our side for Christ sake...

God help this man...The wrong person gets near him...I have lots of evil thoughts about what should be done to him...And your right, I am no better, but I didnt lay waste to our constittion, put innocent women and children in harms way, nor did I harm innocent people for a [*SNI*] oil pipeline...

Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention and profanity.

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I wish you knew the bull# along time ago, it is too late now. How the hell is your troops gonna come out of Afghanistan now? Every thing regarding Al-Qaeda was orchestrated and propagated through Western media. Think abou it, Osama was spending his money on charity building schools etc(that is the only proof America can come up with). The poor guy was just helping poor Muslim nation around the world and AFghanistan happened to be the poorest.

I know it is hard to believe but it is suppose to be hard to believe, if you know what I mean. When you keep hearing the same bull# over and over again you think it is the truth since no one is objecting to it.

Don't forget Taliban asked for evidence regarding Osama. Taliban said if evidence is provided and Osama is linked to 9/11 they would hand Osama over. America said noooo, it aint sufficient homie booom dead

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

I wish you knew the bull# along time ago, it is too late now. How the hell is your troops gonna come out of Afghanistan now? Every thing regarding Al-Qaeda was orchestrated and propagated through Western media. Think abou it, Osama was spending his money on charity building schools etc(that is the only proof America can come up with). The poor guy was just helping poor Muslim nation around the world and AFghanistan happened to be the poorest.

Bin Laden tried to blow the towers up in 94' allegedly...

I wouldnt doubt he was involved in some sort of philanthopy though...but that doesnt make him innocent...

But thats not my point here, whether Bin LAden did it or not...There is evidence that there were terrorists involved. Many of them not from afhganistan at all... Im all for going after them...But definitely not the way American leadership did it...Not waging a conventional style war..

justice needed to b eserved..but what we did wasnt justice at all...It was a disgusting form of revenge...revenge taken out on innocent people...it will haunt us in teh future...you can bet that...

Even Cheney admits that Bin Laden wasnt the one who planned the attacks...

I think, for example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was the number three man in al Qaeda, the man who planned the attacks of 9/11,

I wouldnt say there is no Al Queada what so ever...there is evidence of a terrorist group with that name..but what was propogated and orchestrated was the ultra fabrication that they are some huge highly developed organization that has capabilities to pull anything off they want to...

that was a lie...a big one...one that had me and many other Americans fooled...but the reality of the situation is they are but a fly on the butt of an ass...if you see what i am saying...compared to other terrorist organizations they arent even in the top 10 most dangerous in the world, maybe not even top 20...their are drug cartels in mexico that make Al Queada look like playground bullies...

Thats where America was dooped..to think we had to go in and fight thousands upon thousands of jihaddists that had nothing more than a death to America mentality...thats why so many Americans were behind it at first...not knowing this is only a very small minority of muslims that actually felt that way...

it s a religious extremism...we have that crap in our own backyard for crying out loud...yet shall we wage war and drop bombs on the bible belt for som eof the insane stuff that came out of there? KKK...comes to mind as an extreme religious group...some could even say terrorists...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
CIA "enhanced" interrogation tactics are nothing more than KGB "coercion" or "forced confession" tactics. Cheney was just looking for someone to hang 911 on. The CIA primed Bin Laden, aka "Tim Osman", for his unwitting role as the Lee Harvey Oswald of terrorists.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
its very sad that according to dick, half our intell came from one source... that is wicked irresponsible... and stupid...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You know the thing is with that...It cant be proved or disproven...(typical agnostic answer...
)

Even if there were some secret intelligence faction involved, it doesnt mean all of American intelligence agancies were involved...

but that could be a reason why the investigations were stone walled...so one agency could not detect another in any wrong doings...maybe to many big dawgs would fry...

but I believe there was a terorist element..one inspired by extremist beliefs...thats something that needs to be rooted out...no matter of its territorial origins...

it should be a joint effort by intelligence agencies around the world to do everything in their power...in conjunction with special forces and even air power to do everything within reasonable means to stop these bastards..whether they were paid by someone from our country or not..they still did it...and im all for finding the financiers...they are just as guilty if not moer guilty...I doubt it was bin laden alone..thers too much damming evience for it to have been done by only bin laden...

edit for bad typos

[edit on 4-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You mean from Dicks file cabinet

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I cant believe people looked over this...I find it very odd these words would leave his mouth...

its like saying..hey..we didnt know what the hell we were doing before we caught this guy...basically for over 3 years, we were hald cocked and clueless...

then he admits to the use of unproven means of getting the info from. torture has been proven to be highly unreliable for truthful information..

so half the info we have now may be based on complete fabrications!!...

we are still running aroun dafhganistan lik e achicken with our head cut off!

Thats insane!

who knows if they guy was telling the truth!!

he was being tortured...so many studies show..people will say anything just for the pain to decist...that includes telling their captives all the b.s. they are willing to hear...

like all of a sudden the guy is going to come clean about whatevre it is he knows...

it makes me believe the government is even dumber than I thought...and i already began to suspect there were child like mentalities sitting at the top of the pyramid...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
9/11 is not my area of interest but I stumbled across some background info that maybe of interest. If it has already been looked at and dissected, just ignore it.

The Saudi - Bush connection

The Bush family,... the Saudi royals....—and other rich and influential Saudi families [Khashoggi ] were naturally drawn to one another as they share similar ideologies and goals: the “new world order” which is to be governed and controlled by a small ruling class elite, That is, the “Brotherhood”. In the 1960s, and certainly by the 1970s, they were all doing business together. brainmind.com...

The Saudi - Democrat connection is further removed so the Democrats can play "Good Cop" without being called on it.

Al Gore's good buddy, Maurice Strong, father of the Environment Movement, worked in Saudi Arabia for the Rockefeller company, Calte., In 1953 He left Caltex in 1954 and formed a Canadian Oil company. This is extremely interesting because he was a dirt poor high school drop out in 1947, a mere 5 years before that.

. By 1971, Strong was a trustee for the Rockefeller Foundation, and in 1972 ran the U.N. Conference on the Human Environment the start of the environmental movement and the start of the rise of Greenpeace as a powerful multinational organization. (Greenpeace receives large donations from the Rockefellers.) Strong was also involved in banking and became a Senior Advisor to the World Bank. Also in the seventies Strong did business with the Saudi arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, a friend of Osama bin Laden.

Here is the World Bank/ Fed connection to the Iraq war.

An interview about “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man”

JOHN PERKINS: Basically what we were trained to do and what our job is to do is to build up the American empire. To bring – to create situations where as many resources as possible flow into this country, to our corporations, and our government, and in fact we’ve been very successful. We’ve built the largest empire in the history of the world. It's been done over the last 50 years since World War II with very little military might, actually. It's only in rare instances like Iraq where the military comes in as a last resort. This empire, unlike any other in the history of the world, has been built primarily through economic manipulation, through cheating, through fraud, through seducing people into our way of life, through the economic hit men. I was very much a part of that....

Q. How closely did you work with the World Bank? JOHN PERKINS: Very, very closely with the World Bank. The World Bank provides most of the money that’s used by economic hit men, it and the I.M.F. www.lewrockwell.com...

Here is the Rockefeller connection, remember Senator (D) Jay Rockefeller is grandson of John D Rockefeller.

Bechtel, the Rockefellers, and the Saudi royal family have long had an intimate connection. After the Saudis granted the Rockefeller dominated Aramco oil consortium the monopoly of oil in Saudi Arabia, the Rockefellers brought their pals at Bechtel in on the construction contracts. The Bechtel Corporation, of course, has also contributed George Shultz and Cap Weinberger to high office in Republican administrations. To complete the circle, KA director Simon's former boss Suliman Olayan was, in 1988, the largest shareholder in the Chase Manhattan Bank after David Rockefeller himself. www.lewrockwell.com...

Here is the central contact point, Adnan Khashoggi

Adnan Khashoggi is connected to every shocking event that has occurred since 1960, usually by no more than one or two degrees. A partial list would include Iran-Contra, Wedtech, BCCI, the Marcos Philippine kleptocracy, the Synfuels fiasco, and the discovery of buried mustard gas in the pricy Spring Valley neighborhood of Washington, D.C. To these we must now add the tragic events of Sept. 11. www.slate.com...

You will notice it all traces back to the Federal Reserve, Oil and the World Bank. Once you see that the men behind the world Central Banks are also into oil, it all falls in place. The democrats are just as "bought" as the republicans. JFK tried to do the right thing and circumvent the Fed by issuing US treasury silver certificates. He was shot. McFadden On May 23, 1933, Congressman, Louis T. McFadden, brought formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system, The Comptroller of the Currency and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON. The petition for Articles of Impeachment never acted on. McFadden was shot at twice, poisoned, had his stomach pumped and finally "died of the stomach flue" aka poison

As you read this think about Ruby ridge and Waco, I find the difference...Alarming.

Islamberg was established in 1980 by Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, ....

The sheikh soon came to realize that it would be financially advantageous to train new recruits for the holy war on American soil rather than shelling out the freight of sending them to Lahore and Peshawar. He purchased a seventy acre parcel of land near Green Haven, set up a firing range and an obstacle course, purchased a slew of old single-wide trailers, and created a paramilitary compound called Islamberg. When released from the federal prison, former convicts now received not only the customary $10 and a suit of clothes but also a one-way ticket to Gilani’s compound

From 1982 to 1992, Gilani established other compounds (called “hamaats”) in such places as Hyattsville, Maryland; Falls Church, Virginia; Red House, Virginia; Macon, Georgia; York, South Carolina; Dover, Tennessee; Buena Vista, Colorado; Talihina, Oklahoma; Tulane Country, California; Squaw Valley, California; Onalaska, Washington, and Toronto, Ontario

THE FBI VISIT
On June 30, 2005, federal law enforcement officials finally descended upon Islamberg but not to make arrests or to investigate the reports of gunfire and explosions. They rather make the trek to the compound to take part in a communal picnic in honor of the Muslim Boy Scouts of America.
www.jihadwatch.org...
www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you!...All very very interesting...I hav ebeen meaning to read that book...confessions of an economic hitman..Ive heard it is very revealing...

goes into alot of teh banan arepublics and the cias dealing sin much of lsouth america from what i understand...

These connections are interesting and definitely warrant more attention and investigation. I ahev been aware of the JFK silver bakced notes, but I had not read formal charges were being pursued..

It only seems natural that the IMF, world bank, oil tycoons and u.s. intelligence agencies have been cooperative for so long...I find it very peculiar though that names are willingly given up so easily to sell a few books especially in a world so rich and powerful...but none the less a fascinating quandary...one well worth exposure to the masses...

Again, great stuff and I think here you are finding a peak into that shadowy world of that unknown government presence...

thanks for the contribution...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

allegedly...

There is nothing that is not allegedly, there is no proof of anything. They invaded Afghanistan without providing proof to Taliban, which if they did Taliban would have handed over Osama Bin Laden. This is a well known fact and yet everyone still believes in Bull#. Don't you guys get tired of getting fooled over and over again. Fool me twice shame on me.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Its blatantly obvious there was only one source for Al Quaeda operations because Al Quaeda is a complete fabrication and global terrorism as we know it is a myth.

The original link is gone but google cache is still there -CIA admits al quada never exsisted

top topics

join