It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable: Transsexual wins prison transfer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Seriously our justice system here in the UK cannot get any worse:

Authorities' refusal to move a transsexual prisoner from a men's jail to a women's prison is a violation of her human rights, rules the High Court.

Referred to as "A", she is serving a life sentence for manslaughter and attempted rape, committed when a man.

London's High Court heard the prisoner should be moved within a few weeks.

"A" is currently detained on a "vulnerable prisoners" wing, and forbidden from wearing skirts, blouses and more than "subtle" make-up.

Source

Since when do murderers and attempted rapists have any human rights?

Oh and to make a point, without wanting to offend anyone, just because a bloke has his hair removed and develops breast from hormone therapy they are still a man.

You cannot change the sex someone was born as. You can make alterations to appear to be the opposit sex but your still what you was born as at the end of the day.

When "A" was a "man" he committed manslaughter and attempted rape? Well even if you want to to believe he is now a women, shouldn't he be in a male prison because he was a "male" when he committed his offences?

The UK government couldn't be any more screwed up!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Heard this on the news just a few minutes ago, ridiculous.

What next? Different prisons for transsexuals?

This country just keeps getting more and more surreal by the day. More money down the drain.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I agree that the tranfer is rediculous...it's amazing how PC we are these days. The "you're ok I'm ok" culture. At the risk of offending someone here, transgender or gender identity disorder is a disorder. And yet, it's the only disorder that the patient diagnoses themselves, and needs to be surgically remedied.

BUT, I don't agree about the human rights thing. Everyone has human rights, regardless of what they've done. IMO. I just don't think this is an example of someone not being treated humanely...letting this person live in the torment of such an identity disorder without studying and trying to understand what's really going on is the real inhumanity. Esp. considering the majority who get what they think they want (the big switch) end up either drug addicts, prostitutes or dead. Not a high quality of life.

Crazy the transexual thing...in some junior schools in Thailand, there are so many transgender males that they have their own bathrooms! Something like 10% in some places. Funny how there are so many more trans males than females.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by El Davicho]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

This brings to mind the German penal battalions from the war clearing mine fields and manning high risk convoys, if they want to really prove there rehabilitated then give the lesser criminals a chance to prove their worth
and earn time off there sentences, and they might actually appreciate what a nice country we have ......

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by El Davicho

BUT, I don't agree about the human rights thing. Everyone has human rights, regardless of what they've done.

Well if thats your opinion then fair enough, but I believe that once someone commits an act of particular severity then they lose their human rights.

Rapists, child molesters, terrorists all fall in that category for me.

But otherwise yeah I totally agree. I hate political correctness and its driving the UK insane!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am not sure where you guys are coming from.

First off, I don't think the women in prison are going to be too vulnerable to him if he somehow "reverts" to his manly urges. Or do you think that now as a woman he will be lesbian and want to have sex with women anyway??

Its pretty obvious that most of you are responding out of a lack of understanding or belief that he could actually be serious about his gender identity. It has nothing to do with political correctness, it is just another fact of life for some people.

The crimes he committed while he was a "he" are serious, but if anything it is his gender issues that might have been behind them.

Ignoring his transgendered status is not going to be helpful if you really want to bring about change. Keeping him in a male prison would make no more sense than keeping any woman in a male prison.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And our Government have never given us, the people, the right to vote on if we want to live under the yoke of EU human rights.

What was wrong with our system before our Government caved in?

I am coming from the view, wayno, that this person has no rights as they have been conviced of a crime, so why would I care about?

Do the person care about the person who died? We could have solved this problem if we executed criminals.

As a tax payer who is have to fund the prison system and do doubt will have to fund the legal costs of this, I can think of far better things to have my taxes spent on, that the rights of some freak.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Calling someone a freak because they are transgendered is pretty lame. You are sounding really desperate to dump your frustrations on people and places they don't belong.

Way too many people get put into prisons. They get put there for way too long. Imprisoning people does nothing to rehabilitate them. It does nothing to prevent people doing crimes. It is a stupid, expensive waste of taxpayer's money. On this we may actually agree.

I do not agree with just execute everyone, which seems to be your view. I know its not politically correct, but when we are absolutely 100% sure a person is guilty, I personally would support some sort of quick, short term torture. Get it done and over with, and with some good resources do everything possible to get the person back in society doing something productive.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

First off, I don't think the women in prison are going to be too vulnerable to him if he somehow "reverts" to his manly urges. Or do you think that now as a woman he will be lesbian and want to have sex with women anyway??

This absolutely is a possibility. It happens all the time. Men wanting to be women, yet still be with women, making them a faux lesbian. Its very common. So yes, this disgusting MAN being transferred to a woman's prison is putting all those women at risk. He has already raped one. He should be kept from them forever.

And regarding the whole human right thing. I can not fathom how anyone could feel that a murderer or rapists or child abuser or anyone who violates the human rights of another, would still retain his.

So, if John Doe violates another human's right and just takes it away, he still gets to keep his? Rather backwards IMO.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by inked up]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is absurd, just because a man has hormone pills and whatever kind of surgery they are still a man by definition, as their brain hasn't altered.

Born is man - die a man!

Born a woman - die a woman!

Anybody can pretend, but that shouldn't give them these rights. Especially when he's raped women before! It's astounding how anybody can let this man be put in prison with women.

It's absolutely bonkers why a man would have a gender change to a woman, and become a lesbian. WTF?!!! Those kinds of people should be locked away from everybody else in society for everyone's safety. They are absolute freaks of nature and should not interact with normal people. I don't care if anybody disagrees with this as nobody can justify this behaviour as acceptable, not ever!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by inked up

So, if John Doe violates another human's right and just takes it away, he still gets to keep his? Rather backwards IMO.

So since when did two wrongs make a right? I think its mostly some extreme Islamists that still practice that old "eye for an eye" thing. Most of the civilized world has moved on -- some backwards corners notwithstanding.

If killing is wrong, then it is wrong. Even murderers should not be killed.

If there is such a thing as human rights, they belong to every human. Period. Once you start tampering with who should or should not have rights you end up with places like Gitmo. We need to fight that idea with all our will.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Those kinds of people should be locked away from everybody else in society for everyone's safety. They are absolute freaks of nature and should not interact with normal people.

Man, I don't where you are getting your ideas about transgendered people. How exactly is your safety at risk because someone else has issues with their gender? I don't think it has anything to do with you at all; let alone your safety; unless you are harboring some kind of inner fear about yourself. Otherwise its basically none of your business.

People who make this change in their life often end up living much better, happier lives. In other words their interactions with the rest of the community is much more harmonic. That is the reality, whether you chose to believe it or not.

If you are going to be upset by something, why not get upset about something real; instead of unjustified fears and fantasy.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The US supreme court ruled that men have a y chromosome and until chromosomes can be re-arranged no amount of surgery will change the basic fundamental chromosomes that make men men and women women.

I think the UK could take a lesson from this because their is scientific fact in this. Psychology has yet to catch up with the physiological sciences and is still ruled by greed rather than facts....come to think of it many of our sciences suffer from this but my point is that no amount of psychological therapy is gonna change a y chromosome into an x chromosome.

And the physiological has yet to catch up with the process of re-arranging chromosomes.

There fore all sex changes are merely cosmetic not not true sex changes.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Are you serious?

Those women, in the Woman's prison....are in danger from a single lone transsexual?

Are you clueless, as a known rapist HE is in danger going into a woman's prison. Are you even remotely aware of the kinds of women and gangs pf women that he will have to contend with?

The story said that he is pre-op

If he goes to a real woman's prison and touches another woman without permission from which ever Woman's Female dog he ends up being he will get his operation cost free

You must be completely unaware of how much danger he actually will be in to even say this right?

[edit on 4-9-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
And Wayno is totally right

For starters this "person needs a mental hospital, allot of good can come from study by professional doctors and psychologists as opposed to vengeful based getting a kick out of torturing an identity confused person.

We can sit here and talk about chromosomes and rape and what makes a man a man and woman a woman and offer our opinions.

But the reality is this person is locked in a cage, not being helped not being studied, not being of any use in helping society come to terms with gender and what a third sex that seems to be emerging actually implies.

Our own animal instincts and biases get in the way of a rational method of dealing with situations.

A person placed in a cage costs allot of money, by attempting rehabilitation we are at least studying and learning and maybe avoiding problems for others in the future even if we can't help the individual in question.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Sorry but that was a ridiculous post.

His gender issues may have been behind his crimes? Are you having a laugh?

He wanted to be a women when he was a man so he raped a women? Erm, not too sure that makes sense...

Keeping him in a male prison would make no more sense than keeping any woman in a male prison.

He is a male. Thats where he belongs, simple as that.

No amount of breast implants, female hormones, artificial vaginal surgery will change that. He is a man therefore he belongs in a male prison.

Whats so hard about that to accept?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Are you clueless, as a known rapist HE is in danger going into a woman's prison. Are you even remotely aware of the kinds of women and gangs pf women that he will have to contend with?

Good, I'm glad he is in danger. Maybe some of those women can exact a little revenge on behalf of the women he tried to rape

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

So since when did two wrongs make a right? I think its mostly some extreme Islamists that still practice that old "eye for an eye" thing. Most of the civilized world has moved on -- some backwards corners notwithstanding.

If killing is wrong, then it is wrong. Even murderers should not be killed.

If there is such a thing as human rights, they belong to every human. Period. Once you start tampering with who should or should not have rights you end up with places like Gitmo. We need to fight that idea with all our will.

Tell that to the rapist that attacks your sister/mother/daughter, I'm sure you would have a different opinion.

Are you telling me that if someone raped your child in front of your eyes that you would still think they had human rights????

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

You seemed to miss the point of my post. We are strapped for cash in the UK and yet my Government is happy to have this "freak" waste tax payers money on getting this ruling. This person is a convicted criminal and was a man when the crime was convicted and now is trying to get out of a male prison by claiming he is a woman. So the rights of this criminal are worth as much as the rights of for example, children suffering from illness and needing treatment on an the NHS.

Because, someone in Government will have to make a decision of how our taxes are spent, and living under the yoke of European human rights seems to cost to much and legal fees have to be paid. So this freak gets the ability to put this country in getting debt because he wants to be a woman and people decide this is important and worth spending money.

Very strange morals, people seem to have that the rights of the convicted criminal who killed someone, are worth more than the right of the person he killed, or sick children.

And we are not putting enought people in prison. Too many people are getting away with light or community sentences because our Government will not honour the commitment to keep us safe, and put those that need it in prison for the full term the judge gives them. Let this person rot in prison

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Freedom ERP]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
reply to post by wayno

You seemed to miss the point of my post. We are strapped for cash in the UK and yet my Government is happy to have this "freak" waste tax payers money on getting this ruling. This person is a convicted criminal and was a man when the crime was convicted and now is trying to get out of a male prison by claiming he is a woman. So the rights of this criminal are worth as much as the rights of for example, children suffering from illness and needing treatment on an the NHS.

Because, someone in Government will have to make a decision of who our taxes are spent, and living under the yoke of European human rights seems to cost to much and legal fees have to be paid. So this freak gets the ability to put this country in getting debt because he wants to be a woman and people decide this is important and worth spending money.

Very strange morals, people seem to have that the rights of the convicted criminal who killed someone, are worth more than the right of the person he killed, or sick children.

And we are not putting enought people in prison. Too many people are getting away with light or community sentences because our Government will not honour the commitment to keep us safe, and put those that need it in prison for the full term the judge gives them. Let this person rot in prison

Excellently put!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join