It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO strikes fuel tankers in Afghanistan, many dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

NATO strikes fuel tankers in Afghanistan, many dead

www.reuters.com

KUNDUZ, Afghanistan (Reuters) - NATO forces in Afghanistan were investigating on Friday whether civilians were among scores of people burned to death when they carried out an air strike against two hijacked fuel tankers.

NATO said it believed the dead were all Taliban fighters, but angry relatives in northern Kunduz province said villagers were collecting fuel from the hijacked trucks and caught in the blast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.spiegel.de

[edit on 4-9-2009 by euleberlin]

[edit on 4-9-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The Kunduz area is patrolled mainly by NATO's German contingent, barred by Berlin from operating in combat zones.

Under new orders issued in July by the ISAF commander, U.S. Army General Stanley McChrystal, aircraft are not supposed to open fire unless they can confirm there is no chance civilians might be hurt or friendly forces are in immediate danger.

I think that´s terrifying. Especially the damage control by the military/Bundeswehr. In the first news it was talked of 90 dead civilists, now it are 50 fighters...
Is someone a fighter, who wants to get some fuel?

Mohammad Sarwar, a tribal elder in the province, said Taliban fighters had hijacked the tankers and were offering fuel to a crowd of villagers when the tankers were bombed.
snip
A Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, said fighters had captured the two fuel tankers. One had become stuck in mud by a village, and the fighters went to try to tow it when residents gathered to take the fuel and the crowd was struck.

Isn´t it stupid to bomb a two stolen trucks? That´s like stealing a lolly and get your hands cut off. Makes me sick to know, that my countrie´s military does such cruel things, that´s not better than the Taliban themselves.
Greetz from Berlin

Oh, just checked for additional Links and BBC says:

At least 90 people have been killed after a Nato air strike blew up two fuel tankers hijacked by the Taliban in northern Afghanistan, officials say.

Newspeak anyone?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
LOL hijacked two fuel trucks. Sooo funny. I wish I had a news paper where I could publish my propaganda: The NATO hijack Afghanistan and turn it into an European terrorist camp. Man most Muslim would buy that. And it is partly true

new topics

join