It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea says in final phase of uranium enrichment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
North Korea said Friday it has entered the final phase of uranium enrichment for nuclear weapons and is also building more bombs with spent reactor fuel rods.

"Experimental uranium enrichment has successfully been conducted to enter into completion phase," the communist state's official Korean Central News Agency said in an English-language report.

"Reprocessing of spent fuel rods is at its final phase and extracted plutonium is being weaponised," the agency quoted its permanent representative to the United Nations as saying.

rawstory.com...

Propaganda or is there some truth here? Is there a possibility of a return to 1950?

I just can't seem to understand that if N.Korea has developed ready made nukes why they would shout out about it, don't know if it makes sense to anyone else.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I can't help but think that Kim is feeling inadequate again. He seems to yell real loud and try to get the other kids in the sand box to notice his tantrum. I may be missing something, but that's how I see it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
IF true it is very signifiacnt because it is much much easier to create a nuclear weapon with Uranium than plutonium. Most scientists agree that the two nuclear tests by N Korea were what they call a fizzle. The bombs detonated before the core had sufficient time to fully assemble due to poor assembly and/or poor quality plutonium (poisoned with too many neutron emiters). These problems are dramatically easier to deal with in a uranium bomb. In fact it is so easy to build a uranium type bomb that the Los Alamos scientists never even tested the type of bomb dropped on Hirosima becasue they were so sure it would work. On the other hand they did feel that a full scale test was necessary on the plutonium type bomb dropped on Nagaski, even though that test (Trinity) used most of the plutonium then existing on earth.

Kim is one the few politicians who has used the idea that, "I am so crazy that I might be willing to sacrifice my country) successfully. He has people all over the world believing that he would gladly allow his entire counrty to be destroyed in a nuclear retaliatory strike over a small scale attack on his nuclear facilities, and it may be true. His nuclear capability needs only to be credible enough that an attacker might believe that Kim would nuke Seoul in response to an attack on his military of nuclear facilities.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
He gets more shipments of food and oil when he looks angrier. Then he doesnt have to spend his own on his lowly subjects.

I think that it is just another distraction from other things, just like swine flu, and that himself is probably in on it too. Kim, people are finding out about the NWO! Time to bring out the nukes

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
china makes its thermonuclear weapons from uranium - the only country (right now) to do so.

why? they have a huge amount of natural uranium so devised a way to do it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Winter is coming. It gets very cold in North Korea. The peasants in the country side will suffer greatly without electricity, fuel and food.

There are sanctions on the country, what is he to do?

A series threat? No, not in my opinion.

They do need food and oil though and while I don't think ANYONE should have nuclear weapons, without the threat of having them, no one would take North Korea seriously.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think NK will use them, I think they just wanted to have them. Nations with Nukes are feared and can bully everyone else around. NK is now a nation with Nukes and in turn (whether you know it or not) demands respect.

I think Iran has a better chance of actually using one than NK.

To be honest, I say our bastard ally Israel will be the first to use them. Iran will probably be a retaliatory reaction.

Either way WW3 would result so tis no good.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DaMod]

top topics

join