It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Brothers Admit Brutal Attack On Boys

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This story is in the UK headlines again after these two brothers admitted GBH with intent, which carries a maximimum sentence of life.

Two young brothers are facing life in custody for beating, burning and sexually assaulting two boys aged nine and 11.

The pair led their victims down a ravine in Edlington, near Doncaster, where they used bricks, broken sticks, a sink, a noose and lit cigarettes to brutally torture them.

The attackers, aged 9 and 11, then tried to force the boys into performing sexual acts on each other.

The younger boy was struck in the arm with a sharp stick and had cigarettes pushed into the gaping wound.

He was then forced to ram a stick down his own throat, being told to "go away and kill himself".

The 11-year-old victim, who is the younger boy's uncle, pleaded with his attackers to be left to die after enduring a sickening series of brutal assaults.

He was later found face-down and half-naked at the bottom of the ravine, unconscious, with a large gash to the back of his head.

Source: Young Brothers Admit Brutal Attack On Boys

This has been on the news and other programmes this morning, debating whether or not kids that age knew what they were doing, and whether they should be locked away for that long, if at all.

My personal view on it is that they will probably be out in a few years like the Jamie Bulger case

What the public has a massive problem with, and i can't say i blame them, is the life these attackers will lead later on. They'll get millions spent on protection, new identities and training in probably whatever they want. Who else gets that kind of money spent on them?

Ok i wouldn't want those crimes hanging over me for all the money in the world.

On the subject of "did they know they were doing wrong?" i don't think it comes down to it being as simple as that. My kids know what is right or wrong, but sometimes they still need telling because if they do something particulary stupid or dangerous, they just don't realise the consequences.

That said, i just can't fathom how these kids couldn't have seen how bad this incident was.

There seems to be lots of focus on the parents. One story reported this morning was that she used to sprinkle cannabis on the kids cerials to keep them quiet.

Sorry but she should be joining them with whatever sentence the kids get.

Other sugestions have been foster care and the likes, but not jail time. The judge who released the Bulger killers early did so because he thought their imprisonment would make them worse.

Such a horrible case, with tons of emotion running through it.

Any opinions?

CX.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Any opinions?

HAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAH!!!!! LMFAO!

You want my opinion.

No pain, no suffering, shoot them in the head, and begone with them, focus no more attention on the torturers, kill them instantly, and begone. let life be without there thought, I don't even wish torture, because that's too much, i'd rather them be gone forever.

I see no purpose in them living, at all, their kids and blah blah blah, # it, they did, this, and they know fully well their actions, and should be offed.

No myopia here, just plain and simple, I know people who have thoughts, but those who do actions, especially at this age, aren't going to be 'productive' citizens.

Kill em, no suffering, because that would be allowing them another moment of life.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
They admitted to doing it. Saying that they didn't know what they were doing is just stupid.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
They admitted to doing it. Saying that they didn't know what they were doing is just stupid.

To force you to elaborate!

What would you feel good for a punishment?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The parents are the ones who should be tortured. Stupid Western parenting.

That inferior region is dying anyway, so no worries.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

To force you to elaborate!

What would you feel good for a punishment?

throw them in jail and throw away the key! Unless you want those kids running around your community torturing people?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
These lads were obviously brutalised by their inadequate parents, it is they who shoud have the burden of guilt. Children are not born evil.

If society does not accept redemption then all those who commit crime however small or big should be locked up and the key thrown away forever.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
yeah , it happened near where i live. pure madness, its getting played down and what really happened is being kept quite.. isnt the first wont be the last, scary stuff, specially if you have kids.
blame the parents kill them all.lol some people are deranged

what happened to plain old crazy

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I don't believe any child is born evil, if you read the history of how these boys were brought up or not more to the point, It's hardly surprising. I doesn't excuse what they did, but they are monsters of our own creating.

As citizens we all have a responsibilty to ensure children can grow up in loving safe homes,whether we have children or not. they are the future citizens, the future potential murderers and rapists. They need love and support from day one.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Mindless cruelty, bullying natures, angry, probably jealous. It's not hard to imagine the home they've sprung from

I'd send them to Afghanistan as 'boy soldiers'. No gun or weapon. They could carry things for adult soldiers. Accept orders. No back-chat. Cleaning, scrubbing, hard work.

Be good for them to see Afghani kids younger than they are, starving, limbs blown off and working like grown men to support their orphaned siblings.

Billet them with an Afghani family for a year or so. If that doesn't wake them up and turn them around, then leave them there for another few years. Or leave them there permanently. The parents too, come to that

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
WOW

What can one say after a story like this? Horrible news. These kids are so young and I cant say what should be done with them because I feel as though they still have some innocence. But then the things they did are beyond forgiving. What can one say? I was watching Gladiator the other day and something that Marcus Aurelius says in the film comes to mind. "Your faults as a son, are my faults as a father." Something was missing in their homes for them to act this way. Hell, they might be victims too.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is a terrible crime, I think we all agree. Thankfully exceptionally rare in the UK.

There was an interesting discussion on BBC Radio 4 revolving around the motivation of such acts and the mechanisms to identify and curtail by social services et al.

I have sympathy for the view that children so young have problems grasping the realities and severity as to what they are doing and feel that their motivation is both complex and environmental.

Executing them - as suggested by some on this thread - would not help except satiate the thirst for revenge.

As children, these two kids are able to be recovered and re-educated and that surely would be the best solution to this.

Regards

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As shocking as it may sound, this kind of behaviour has been going on among adolescents and teenager since time began. Almost never reported. Ask any kid whose ever been in a gang.

Traumatic because of the expectation of civil behaviour in a place like Britain.

This and much worse goes on in all parts of the world on a daily basis. Rarely reported due to embarrassment and fear of repercussions.

A terrible thing, but not unusual.

Mike

[edit on 4-9-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

And if you think torture doesn't go in wherever you're from the jokes on you.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Though absolutely nothing on this level, I've seen some very, very bad people come out of very good, loving homes. With that in mind, I'm not going to arbitrarily say the parents should be facing anything unless further information on exactly what kind of home the two animals came out of surfaces.

I will, however, say the world already has more than enough of these kind of animals imprisoned... too many, I say. Execute them with extreme prejudice and be done with it. Better for the victims, better for the animals themselves, better for the world as a whole.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Most of our kids are disciplined because we beat the crap out of them, thank you very much.

Besides, we are talking about 11 year old kids here. Torture can happen anywhere but is done by mostly adults, like your government.
Your statement was the dumbest non-sequitur ever. The jokes on you.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Admitting what they did, and them knowing and understanding what they were doing and the consequences of their actions, are two totally different things.

Children more often then not, do not think about the consequences of their actions, because they do not yet understand their can be and are consequences.

new topics

top topics

join