It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The great Pacific Garbage Patch Opportunity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
As some of you may know there is a gigantic patch of garbage growing ever larger in the pacific.

If you do not know about it here are a few links and WIKI LINK

At any rate I hear by do announce on Above Top Secret of the The Above Network, LLC to all nations and governments of the world that I Titorite lay claim to the North Pacific Garbage Patch. It is my property and responsibility.

You may wonder why someone would lay claim to something like that. It would be because I see an invaluable opportunity. In this world the saying goes, "Invest in land because it's the one thing god is not making anymore of". The NPGP is an obvious exception to that rule. And to rule is exactly what I desire.

Where some see an ecological disaster I see a chance to make a new nation. A better nation. A nation for all of humanity to look up to. With some hard work and a can do attitude and alot of agricultural imports (dirt) this floating patch of rubbish can be transformed into a utopia par none. If you are willing to dream big and work hard I invite you along for this ride.

The trash needs to be gathered and condensed. The eco groups attempting to clean it up and recycle it need to made to understand the vision. The other nations of the world need to be made aware of the new nation that has been born of their waste. Generations of work await those daring enough to make a treasure out of trash.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

haha! i just posted on another forum tonight about moving out to trash island!

onward!

it is truly the promised land!

when do we set sail???!!!

just be sure to bring the mycelium!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by feedpeopletosharks

how is this funny and wat is with ur sig?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

moving to trash island?

you know the apocolypse is upon us when people are considering moving to a giant blob of trash in the middle of the ocean!

i realize now that the op may have been a little more serious than i was!

heh, heh *tear

anywhoo, yea my sig is from a line in a tool song. "mom" I guess is mother nature.

and it means that she's angry, gonna set us straight!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
reply to post by feedpeopletosharks

and wat is with ur sig?

Tool - Aenema ( youtube it - good song ).

On Topic: I also think this massive garbage patch is an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to make a statement to the world. You could show the leaders of the world that with common sense and a set of balls you can tackle even this ecological disaster without federal funding.

If anyone has ideas to set up a project, I would be more then happy to offer my assistance...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It is only five days sail from San Francisco according to Project Kaisei. After internationally posting my claim to this island I discovered this eco group which has taken it upon themselves to attempt to do something about this eco disaster.

So I just spent the last twenty minutes writing them about the feasibility of us working together to create a new land mass. If I do not hear from them soon I shall write them again.

As I see it... it is truly possible to terraform this floating trash patch into REAL and usable land. And if we want to terraform places like Mars or Venus then we darn sure better start here on earth first.

I am sure the ground is unstable in areas and that the air is rancid and all fresh water will have to come from desalination plants... STILL, IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE THIS WORK!

Imagine, international waters, no law, no government, no corporations.

The surface area out their is ripe for solar energy collection and I bet the winds blow with enough consistency for wind turbines. The number one export could easily become environmentally friendly electricity! No Big Oil Lobby to convince law makers to get you to stop. Only you and what your willing to build!

Just a wild dirty frontier waiting to test the limits of human ingenuity.

This is not some disaster to avoid taking responsibility for . This is OUR ISLAND.

STATELESS. A dream given form!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Careful, now you're responsible for the patch you're in the firing line! People are going to be on your back now it's your responsibility so you should start getting things in motion pretty quickly. You own it you sort it out.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I hear the story is waaaaaaay overblown?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by isitforreal

As I thought. Thanks for posting that, was looking for something like that yesterday.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

This floating piece of trash is not good man..... i heard about this on the news earlier this year and have read about it online ... it's disgusting really.... we don't need all this plastic and we certainly don't need all these tins that we put food into..... we have created way too much mess here on Earth and the powers that be need to get out there and clear it up.... that's what i'd like to see... the Leaders of the World getting out there to sort this plastic island out... get them on boats/ships/tankers whatever... get them in those uniforms and be transmitted live for all of us to see them with their gloves, forks whatever getting this rubbish out of the Ocean

[edit on 4-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hey, great! Wonderful, I am glad you decided to claim this little problem as your own personal property.

Titorite, you are hereby found guilty of heinous violations to the Marine Protection, Research, and Sanctuaries Act of 1972. You are hereby fined the total of twice the current deficit of the world. You will be required to subject yourself to microchip implanting so we may monitor your activities. We may tap all telephone, cell phones, and or any communications device you own or use. You will continue to pay triple taxes and you will be among the first to receive any and all vaccinations starting with H1N1 due to arrive in October of this year 2009.

Was it worth it?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Well Whether I openly accepted responsibility or dodged it like all the rest of the worlds nations I am sure we have all contributed in some way to this garbage patch. This makes us all a little guilty no?

But as I said before where some see an environmental nightmare I see an opportunity. Already I have written to the ONE environmental organization , Project Kaisei, about working together to terraform this gigantic trash heap into usable functional land.

Is it worth it?

You bet your sweet Bippy it is.

To take this trash island and turn it into a new nation built on the ideas of self ownership of our actions that caused this and the will to change it into something better is an effort we should all aspire to be a part of. For ourselves and future generations.

It also provides our current scientific community the chance to test out their terraforming ideas. IF we want to goto mars then we should test our ability to create a livable areas in hostile environments. When we can terraform this trash island into a livable land mass then we can rest self assured that we are ready to establish ourselves on other land masses away from our own planet.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, in that case..... I would like to be a citizen of Trash Island! I prefer my lil section to have beach front property. I would prefer my site to not have any used diapers though.

When are you accepting applications for citizenship?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

I am accepting applications for citizenship right now.... Then again you must consider that anyone willing to become a stateless citizen need only proclaim to any that would say they have a hold over you that you are stateless.

So tell your queen or king, or president, or leader that you are a member of stateless. AND that you are NOT their citizen but your own person not subject to them.

As for diaper free beach front property... I promise you this. If you are willing to go out once a week to clean your beach then I am willing to go out twice a week and clean it once with you and once more by myself.

Its all about how much your willing to commit yourself.

I am still waiting to hear back from project kaisei. I know it sounds like a joke but I am serious I assure you. In my own playful take life easy sort of way I am serious. If their is solid land out there then we can cultivate more garbage into more solid land. I can provide dirt to help grow plants. We can organize a society unique among humanity dedicated to improving our lives through responsibility and hard work.

In absolute serious truth I am awaiting a response from this eco group.... If they are not on board with my idea then I shall start my own NGO and work to make this happen....

I see no reason why we should not enjoy a new land mass that we worked to turn around into a livable biosphere.

It is in a temperate zone so the growing season should be good.... No government owned corporations to stop us from using things like solar power, browns gas, Rife healing, and all other forbidden technological advances that big corporations forbid.

Their are no rockafellas out there. No Rothschilds or bilderbergers. No McDondalds and no Burger king. It is free land. Stinky but ready to be tamed and cultivated. No nation on earth wants to take responsibility for this.

If a group of us are willing to say this is our trash then we can forge a new thing, a better thing a thing for all of humanity to look at and say.... I want to live there.

I hope you can glimpse my dream.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Good for you, great idea. I just hope it all works out for you and you know what you are getting into. I would like nothing more than to see your project take off, it would be even better because you are a member of ATS! Unfortunately I do not see how I can be of any help, I live in Tennessee so going there for hands on is not possible right now, especially since I am occupied with college and all. You have my best regards and wishes, I hope you can find some members to help you achieve your goal, what a great goal it is too.
As you stated, it would also be a nice project to practice terra-forming to some extent. Again, best of luck.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You will need nets, and lots of boats. You will need to round it all up into one dense mass that will hopefully be buoyant enough to sustain basic structures. I advise to develop your economy around tourism, I don't see much else you could offer the world. Once you've tied enough of the stuff together you could create a self-propelled island that could float around assimilating garbage like the borg, expanding awesomeness with every assimilation.

Once you have established a floating fortress I recommend seeking further building materials, such as soil for agriculture, by force from a weaker adversary. In fact, I recommend sailing to Antarctica and procuring soil, it is neutral territory, and the fortress can be strengthened by turning it into a giant iceblock. The iceblock fortress must then travel, with its booty of soil, for more tropical climes for the ice to melt and nourish the soil whilst planting commences. I recommend planting hemp as it is the most bountiful crop, providing natural biodiesel as fuel for the movement of the fortress, textiles to clothe the natives and to build sails, plant matter to bolster the fortress, lush greens for relaxation.

top topics

join