It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO - This is *Evil* - (Warning - Subliminal Photos/Messages)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Until they get rid of labels and address people psychiatry will always be a failed science.

Exactly.

Fine example - the *Evil Pig*.

For whatever reason, I balk and feel completely disgusted and disturbed by the video - as do many others.

But there are those who do not.

Who's right and who's wrong?

Neither side or anyone in between.

I have noticed it's consistently the ones who don't *feel* anything - that rain down the abuse on the ones that do though, and that in itself is extremely interesting.

The majority of the ones who don't feel anything sinister - in that lack of feeling anything - need to abuse others, that do...

That in itself is very interesting...

But your point is made and made very well Mopus.

Thanks again...

[edit on 6-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

YouTube is a fools paradise......yeah the pig was freaky- his teeth, and the tongue eeeww..someone has taken a clip off Sesame Street and edited it why is anyones guess

agreed, you cant believe everything you see on youtube. youtube is controlled, especially now that google is connected to it and im sure everyone knows the not so secret about google. i do believe some stuff on youtube may be factual, but it too is controlled. usually the only factual videos allowed on youtube are made by or have people on them that are spot on about everything but they may have also done videos or made theories about complete and utter nonsense so it discredits them and people easily brush them off. this video is just plain dumb, and the "subliminal" messages aren't that subliminal. dont think it has any real evidence to a swine/bird flu combo, even though i believe that could totally be possible in the near future, this video just has a creepy pig.

btw, sorry about the run on sentence but i didnt feel like rewording it to make it shorter

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think the pig in the suit with the teeth, and crazy tongue came from a production of Orwells animal farm. Not certain though. Pigs really do have scary teeth though, they will eat anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grammo078
I think the pig in the suit with the teeth, and crazy tongue came from a production of Orwells animal farm. Not certain though. Pigs really do have scary teeth though, they will eat anything.

And if you'd actually attempted to read the thread, you'd know it actually comes from a short film titled- Le Cochon danseur, Made in 1907.

[edit on 6/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grammo078

I think the pig in the suit with the teeth, and crazy tongue came from a production of Orwell's animal farm. Not certain though. Pigs really do have scary teeth though, they will eat anything.

True, pigs are pretty teethy aren't they. (though guess what they are pickier than you'd think about what they eat)

So, tell me, how did it make you feel?

Did you have any reaction to the Pig?

I'd be really interested to hear.

Thanks for your post.

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Honestly I was pretty neutral. Granted it is a strange video, it is just a video, or somebodies deranged piece of art. It did remind me of something Mr. Reznor would do though.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

How does it make me feel?

I dunno, I laughed a bit. No evil here, just a bored youtuber that made a video.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I was asked in a U2U why I made this thread.

I thought I’d made it clear.

This is the psychology section of the ATS board. What better subject to explore, than, the reaction people have to evil - or - perceived evil?

If this thread featured a video filled with *joy* and I was asking those on ATS if they *felt the joy* upon viewing, believe me, this thread wouldn’t have made it off the first page.

It seems humans, in general, are fascinated with death, the dark side, evil, and though I’m not making a judgment there, what I’m trying to do is explore *it*. All of it. Especially perceived evil.

I’ll say this again for those of you that don’t want to go through so many posts...

I feel there is something intrinsically evil about that pig.

Now, that is NO reflection on the video maker Fader Creep.

He put together a piece of art that got a lot of reactions by combing the use of an old piece of film, subliminal messages in photo form combined with the innocent and the vulgar, in form and music.

That’s his gig and he’s good at it, obviously. And no, he’s not just *another bored You-Tuber* making a vid.

The original biographer? I wish I knew more. About the film, what or who is in the costume, etc.

Amway, the point being... To me, for me, that pig is evil.

Why? And why is it, or is it not, disturbing for others?

Another interesting occurrence has also popped up.

Those that feel *nothing* or *laugh* at the film, the Pig, for whatever reason, like to mock and point fingers and throw verbal trash on those who do *feel* something.

But not the other way around.

Not once has anyone who *does feel* trashed a poster who feels *nothing*...

Interesting that.

So, why the thread?

For all the reasons I listed above, and more, because this thread is provoking more thought, introspection and continuing to bring out more and more, from the readers, from me, and from the public/ATS’ers at large.

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
crappiest video ever, not evil, not disturbing, just crap.

reminds me of Aphex Twins videos, same musc and such, here is an example77

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Posted about 4 times in this thread now.... first on page 2.

Thanks though

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Posted about 4 times in this thread now.... first on page 2.

Thanks though

FAIL

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks for your opinion.

As for the video you posted? It’s been already posted but htanks for taking the time.

IMO - That video? It’s just some more wannabe let's try to scare prepubescent kids with *oooh so scary* evil and darkness and monsters under the bed, boogie-men in the closet with some really really bad music and a few maggots tossed in.

Talk about *crap* video.

Yeah, felt nothing - Other than sad that kids really like that kind of trash.

No wonder kids these days are so twisted.

And the Pig video?

Still evil.

Thanks again.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i Don't know about the rest of you guys but that pig makes me sick to my stomach
there's something about it that just instantly brings evil into my mind

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Honestly I don't get it, maybe I'm desensitised by everything else I watch, Maybe I'm not picking up on something you guys are. I'm not the type of person that notices changes or things that others can notice in a flash. I don't recognise people who I haven't seen for years, I'm not a visual person, maybe that's why I don't see the evil here.

Maybe I'm Evil???

[edit on 6/9/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Honestly I don't get it, maybe I'm desensitized by everything else I watch,

Of course you’re not evil.

Desensitized? We’ve started to talk about that more and more here.

IMO I don’t think it’s bad, and neither should you, that you don’t *get it* over the video of the pig.

Desensitized? Maybe. Maybe it’s time you ask yourself that question in a real honest way - do you watch too much stuff that might be altering your sensibilities?

Anyway, a question for you. Did you see any of the subliminal photos in the video?

I didn’t the first time.

Now I look back and I’m like HOLY *BLEEP* - when I see them.

They were pointed out to me, and now when I see them I just can’t believe my eyes.

The first one is right at the beginning of the video, I mean seriously like the second frame, then there’s one at like :35-36.

(There’s more but I wont watch past :55 again.)

Page 5 of the thread has some still shots of the subliminal photos hidden in the video (I cheated and looked first, lol)

Anyway, if you’re up for it take a look again and let us know if you see them now that you’ve been told they’re there.

Beyond that - I’d like to hear what you’ve to say about how it makes you feel, thinking you might be *desensitized*.

That is if you’re willing to share it.

Thanks again, tons.
gracie

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UfoRevealer

i Don't know about the rest of you guys but that pig makes me sick to my stomach there's something about it that just instantly brings evil into my mind

Hey, a lot of people have felt the same way as you.
I mean like really on a base level disturbed and nauseous.
I'm sorry you're one of them.
One the other hand, it means you can feel, which is good, though you might not think so at the moment.

Thanks for sharing...

Now go watch something you think is great, something to clear away the *oogie* feeling.

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I understand how the pig could be perceived as creepy or evil, but that feeling only exists in a mind. It's a perception. I personally don't find it disturbing or "freaky", it's just a pig with "scary" sharp teeth and a nasty tongue hanging out and there are hidden subliminal pig photos.

Subliminal messages can be evil because they are able to affect one while flying under the mind's conscious radar. I personally think it's funny and creative because it's a light subject. Ya maybe I'll go buy a pig, eat some chicharrones, or cook up some bacon but is that really "evil"? It's only evil if the subject matter is perceived evil in your own head based on experiences.

To me the video is interesting (the methods of subliminal messaging), but overall laughable because of the subject matter. Should a creator be blamed for the negative perception of his/her work by others or should the perceiver blame his/herself?

OINK!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Should a creator be blamed for the negative perception of his/her work by others or should the perceiver blame his/herself?

A ticket for blame should never be issued for either.

There are no right or wrongs here.

Fader Creep put together a piece of *art* - and I might add, was not the creator of the original Pig.

I viewed the piece, had a negative reaction, but neither he or I should be labeled with a moral flag of wrong or right here.

It’s like saying I’m to blame because he popped a paper lunch sack filled with air behind my head.

But it’s also a lot more sublet than that.

We as humans don't need the paper bag exploding behind us to enact the flight or fight mechanism - all we need is the perception of threat, and then, we have a choice what to do with it, where to go from there.

I saw the video and felt, on a gut level, a deep gut level, something I name as evil.

It’s not the first time - but the third time I’ve felt *evil*.

So, this time I took responsibility for my reaction to evil and instead of running from it or hiding from it, I chose to bring it here to a forum for examination.

I took the option - to fight it, if you will.

Though you may not *feel evil* from this video, others have.

Who does that make right or wrong?

Neither.

Was there intent to propagate evil in the original film? We may never know.

But what we do know is many have reacted strongly and negatively.

I suggest it’s the ones who didn’t have a reaction who’ve some examining of themselves to do, but you’ll not find me judging them, only suggesting they analyze themselves for a possibility of desensitization to, evil.

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already (its 4am and i just joined and I didnt want to read through all 22 pages of this thread).
Heres the original dancing pig video, it took me 5 seconds to find on youtube

Also about the subliminals in the 'Evil' video. I dont see what impact they can have. I could understand if they were added to a video that would be put on mainstream television, but getting worked up over a youtube remix video that not many people will watch, what does it matter? Yes it probably has subliminals but they were probably just put there to cash in on the whole swine flu thing. Perhaps they were even intended to be discovered to give this otherwise little-viewed more noteriety.

EDIT: for some reason my preview doesnt show the video heres a direct link www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join