It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO - This is *Evil* - (Warning - Subliminal Photos/Messages)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by va1963

if anyone had bothered to read my reply earlier

I didn’t bother responding to your earlier post for it’s off topic, mocking, and not worthy of mention.
Here it is.

If a daft video that was supposed to entertain can freak you out that much, then might i suggest that you don't watch the news! It would probably give you a breakdown

Noting there worth commenting on.

As for your new comment, once I dig past the mockery and sarcasm, I see you think the film deserves *respect*.

No film that manipulates the viewers with hidden subliminals deserves respect- IMO.
Blatant manipulation is one thing, taking it a step further, to *below* the scenes is, in my opinion, wrong.

I really cant believe that everyone is fixated on the "pig" rather than working out what message the film maker was trying to convey!!

You might not be able to *believe it* - but - that isn’t what this thread is about.

This thread is an attempt to spot check ATS’ers and see who reacts negatively to the film (like me) and who does not.

Recognizing one man's evil compared to another man's, art, if you will.

If you’d like to debate and analyze the *meaning* behind the video I suggest you start your own thread.

peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by lifecitizen

I went back a few pages and can't see it? Anyone care to direct me to the page?

I don't see him here either?
What did I miss?
I waited for him to come on here last night (it's 0830 in the morning for me now) - but I never saw him here before I had to go to sleep.

There is a new member post here - is that him? Just joined the day the thread went up?

(Pig is still evil)...

peace

Hi Silo

I was looking for new members that registered the day the thread went up too but didnt see any?

What page did you see the new member on?

Was curious to see what he said ( I say he but it could be a she I guess, lol- though I doubt it)

yeah piggy is still creepy

(I laughed at whoever it was that made piggy their avatar, funny- hope I dont run into them too often though
)

[edit on 5-9-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I watched it once, then looked at the subliminal images snatched out and posted by the other members, (thnx for doing that btw), and that was it.

I felt wierd all day and could not get the song and pig rolling his eyes and giggling menacingly out of my head all day.

I don't know if it had to do with the flashing(sublim. images), as much as it had to do with the music track.

The music for me really adds to the sickening feeling I got when watching it. I'm a huge music fan, and music can really affect my mood "especially" when accompanied with images whether they be sad, happy, scary, or what have you.

So for me, I think the music was a key part of the uneasiness I felt.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I don't know if it had to do with the flashing(sublim. images), as much as it had to do with the music track.

The music for me really adds to the sickening feeling I got when watching it. I'm a huge music fan, and music can really affect my mood "especially" when accompanied with images whether they be sad, happy, scary, or what have you.

So for me, I think the music was a key part of the uneasiness I felt.

I agree there actually.
When you watch the original with kinda happy/upbeat music... it doesn't quite have the same effect.

The bit where it rolls his eyes and it's tongue comes out and it bears it's teeth is still creepy but overall the feeling is much different.

I think it's the music, "subliminal" images and the kids show mixed with dark overtones from the pig.... all those combined make for a very strange viewing experience.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'd love it if the artist actually came on and commented.

It's a very effective little piece I'd really be interested in hearing the thoughts.

Having done allot of stuff in my time artistically it's always a trip when I create something and people just go off trying to pull stuff out of it, usually when I do anything I have little conscious intent... but fans when viewing will find allsorts of little psychological things and make connections

and

in the end that's what good art is provoking thought and emotion.

So no matter what you have to give this a thumbs up, if intent was to be creepy it obviously worked, i'd like to hear artists thoughts on messages if swine flu stuff was just a throw in or if connected to bigger overall message

and also if the chemistry was anything specific or simply an image thrown up off google or something, I think it's urine but it's near impossible to read most of the symbols...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yea ok, so you didn't read my first post. You quoted my second post.

I was a bit off topic, sorry, but as most of the other posts were about the pig I was responding to that.

Also, I don't actually think it's subliminal as you can see it with the naked eye.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by va1963]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I think it's the music, "subliminal" images and the kids show mixed with dark overtones from the pig.... all those combined make for a very strange viewing experience.

I agree, I think the music amplifies the bizar effect. That is why I wrote a couple of pages back: turn off the sound and it won't be half as bizar. To me, the eerie music and the contrast between the 'innocent' Elmo and the 'evil' pig is what gives this video such an impact. I would not read anymore into it.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm waiting to see if the video maker comes here also.

I was under the impressing from Twitter that he'd stop by as he was *dying to see what people posted about it*.

There was someone here who posted, a new member, but, they joined a day before this thread went up - so - I was off by a day.

Anyway...

reply to post by Nola213

It seems the music is a big part of it for people, and maybe yes maybe no on subliminals.

Me, yeah, it’s still evil - even without tunes.

Funny, you’d think after all the talking and viewing the *effect* would have worn off, but, nope, it hasn’t.
I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknessFollows

I would not read anymore into it.

What about the subliminal pictures.
Have you picked them out yet?

Once I knew they were there I could *see* them, and ever after, but before? I wouldn't have had a clue.

I wonder if the combination of the cute little piggy subliminal photo, then the roasted whole hog, then back to the piggy with the legs open on the lawn chair added to my unease also?

What about you?

Thanks for your posts!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by va1963

If you'd direct me to the page of the first time you posted I'd be more than happy to go look.
I scrolled through pages and only saw the ones a page or so back?

U2U me the page and I'll take a look... Sorry I missed it, I've tried to really stay on top of the posts as they're important to me and the thread.

In the mean time - have you posted yet how it made you feel? When you first saw the pig and it started that wagging tongue yuck?

Wondering if it had any effect on you at all?

Thanks again, peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by DarknessFollows

I would not read anymore into it.

What about the subliminal pictures.
Have you picked them out yet?

Once I knew they were there I could *see* them, and ever after, but before? I wouldn't have had a clue.

I wonder if the combination of the cute little piggy subliminal photo, then the roasted whole hog, then back to the piggy with the legs open on the lawn chair added to my unease also?

What about you?

Thanks for your posts!

I saw the pictures here on page 5, but except for Piggy In The Chair I don't see any of the other pictures still. I guess that means they must be subliminal, but what they could possibly mean, or why they would put in there, is still a mystery to me. Maybe there is no reason for it. Or maybe there is a relation with the swine flue, I don't know. What is obvious, is that a lot of people find this video disturbing for mostly the same reasons.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't think the Pig is evil one bit, I simply think the context of the video is evil.

People's sense of humor was much different back when the original was made, and as you can tell it's a very..inappropriate film by today's standards. I mean..seriously, a giant pig groping a women, than the woman strips him of his clothes and laughs at his naked body, then they start dancing and go behind closed doors where judging by the pigs facial expressions it looks like the woman is..you know..doing something to him.

The thing about this video is simply the effects of subliminal messaging and one of the strongest emotional stimulants we have..music!

Like many people pointed out before, mute the music and it's completely different. Even the original video gives off quite a different vibe.

Don't get me wrong, the puppet is still creepy, but it's 'snarl' gives the impression of a laugh to me (Hell, if it had sound I'd expect a sound similar to Ernie's laugh off of Sesame street.
) and the tongue..well, I have no explanation for that, it seems quite sexual in nature but so is the rest of the original video.

The only thing creepy about this Pig is the way it's used (and those teeth, I mu st be honest) with the dark music, as if it's snarling at us. Seems like a High School Nerd's attempt to be dark and make people feel uncomfortable rather than pure evil though, and you know..he succeeded.

It definitely made me uncomfortable, that's for sure. I got shivers just looking at the thing. An interesting video indeed.

Kind of gives the impression that he's implying that the 'pigs will get their revenge'

Maybe the use of the Creepy Pig in this context is a metaphor for Swine Flu?

Who knows, bunch of possibilities.

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by shug7272

I got sexual overtones from the pig

Can you describe what you felt was *sexual* in overtones about the pig?
I’d be interested to hear more.
A couple other people have said the same, but we've not narrowed it down yet why.

Thanks for the post.
peace

I think most of it is the tongue which obviously is phallic in nature. The fact that it is coming out of the mouth instead of going in gives me a creepy vibe. Also I believe it is the smile, the smile reveals tons of sharp teeth, which normally would make you think evil or sinister (IMO) but mixed with the tongue and the laughing nature makes me think a someone on a drug trip that has sex on their mind. Overall it makes me think of some sort of demented or "perverse" sex act. Interesting thread!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This video gave me swine flu,
DO NOT WATCH IT

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
aah, that's sad. Perhap you should watch some Tamiflu commercials and you'll be fine again.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

I think most of it is the tongue which obviously is phallic in nature. The fact that it is coming out of the mouth instead of going in gives me a creepy vibe. Also I believe it is the smile, the smile reveals tons of sharp teeth, which normally would make you think evil or sinister (IMO) but mixed with the tongue and the laughing nature makes me think a someone on a drug trip that has sex on their mind. Overall it makes me think of some sort of demented or "perverse" sex act. Interesting thread!

Great analysis.
Will give me something to think about - ponder over - as horrid as it will be.
On the other hand, since you’re seeing something I’m not - a question.

First - how did it make you *feel* on a gut level? The pig?

And Second - (And this is also for DarknessFollows)

I just so don’t want to ask this...but I have to...oh hell I’m getting the creeps bad now...

What is that tongue? It is alive it isn’t a toy or a stuffed sock or something tied to a string...
What is it! *shudders*
It’s alive is what it is, but what?
And the teeth?
It’s just all to real and to grotesque to even think about.
It’s surely not a man in there, with that tongue.
As for the teeth being *just a mask* - take a look at it.
It’s not *just a mask* IMO.

I gotta go watch something to get me un-grossed out now...

peace

[edit on 5-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

No film that manipulates the viewers with hidden subliminals deserves respect- IMO.

Blatant manipulation is one thing, taking it a step further, to *below* the scenes is, in my opinion, wrong.

It is neither wrong nor right. Evil is not a face.

This thread is an attempt to spot check ATS’ers and see who reacts negatively to the film (like me) and who does not.

Recognizing one man's evil compared to another man's, art, if you will.

Does your predispostion imply that those finding something other than "evil" are "evil" themselves? There is no suggestion of false choices here but since you are the OP I suspect it is on topic to hear your opinions of those opining.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I didn't affect me at all.

I watched it 2 times, and I even thought it was funny in a silly kind of way- as it makes no sense; that noisy music plus the dancing pig with his huge tongue.

That's not "evil"- I think other stuff falls under that category.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thank you for watching.

Interesting discussion with interesting points (of view)

I'd encourage people to take a look at my other videos past and future (tomorrow) if they enjoyed (experienced) their viewing (experience) at all. Whatver that may have been. There is more to the other videos. Currently parts 1 and 2 of a live show.

The Ballad of Bobby Kennedy (Part 1) and Dirt For Sale (Part 2)

They reveal (open) a lot of intent (message) for those with questions.

Peace,

Thank you.

Fader Creep

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Fader Creep]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fader Creep

Cool..... i did briefly look at your site but have bookmarked it for a closer inspection at some point (tomorrow hopefully)

Did you have any intent with the pig video?

Care to share any thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join