It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO - This is *Evil* - (Warning - Subliminal Photos/Messages)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

Yeah it's true..there are many techniques used.

And I'm with you on the TV thing too

And this is being discussed in the Psychology/metaphysics forum, not the conspiracy forum....so it's more of a "does this affect you and why" kinda thing than a "watch out, elmo and ricky gervais poisoning minds" kinda thing.

And ATS is an alternative subjects website.... Not just conspiracy

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by blupblup

This song influenced Charles Manson...

Really?
Maybe I should take a closer look at the history of pigs - I mean - maybe the reaction does have something to do with the actual animal...

Interesting that...

peace

Also, if I remember correctly, in the book, Lord of the Flies, it was a pig's head that told the kids to kill each other..

Simon, a part of Ralph’s tribe, finds the head of the hunters’ dead pig on a stick, left as an offering to the beast. Simon then undergoes a peculiar experience, presumably by hallucination, in which he sees the pig head, swarming with scavenging flies, as the “Lord of the Flies,” and believes that it is talking to him, identifying itself as the real “Beast”. It discloses the truth about itself—that the boys themselves “created” the beast, and that the real beast was inside them all. Simon also locates the dead parachutist who had been mistaken for the beast, and is the sole member of the group to recognise that it is a cadaver instead of a sleeping monster. Simon eventually arrives at the peak of a tribal ritual at Jack’s tribe, pursued by the ravenous flies, and endeavours to explain the truth about the beast and the dead man atop the mountain. However, Jack’s tribe, still reeling in bloodlust from their first kill, blindly attack and murder Simon, whom they mistake for the beast. They kill him in the shadows in their now tribal dance and ominous chant “Kill the beast! Cut his throat! Spill his blood!”. As Ralph took part in the murder along with Piggy, though both indirectly, he now feels intense remorse.

^ Taken from Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Indeed....was just reminded of that via U2U by another member.

Pigs certainly crop up in some odd places huh?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

I agree with you very much that there are huge concerns in the physical world, and these things must be approached seriously, with regard to their many ramifications. I also see this thread as very relevant to the nature of power and control in general. Conspirators, whomever they might be, also have their subliminals guiding them. The master is inevitably a slave as well.

Chaos begets faith, faith begets order, the order solidifies the faith into a firm belief; this firm belief begets thought, and this thought begets action. One will continue to perpetuate the action as long as it fits and suits the previous links in the chain. When there is a tipping point of cognitive dissonance, a crescendo of confusion, a spiritual crisis, it starts all over......

The key is: What perspective does not come crashing back down into the quicksand from whence it came. Infinite love, a quite humorously ironic dualistic flip of duality itself. Infinite love is the opposite of infinitesimal division, divide and conquer, domination and manipulation, raw isolation from the very cores of ourselves, much less the cores of others. The magic program, that if kept intact through faith and the evidence of its manifestations and ramifications in the world, would put an end to all hateful conspiracies. It is the ouroboros of the ouroboros. Love is the grandest conspiracy of them all, and the only one that does not eventually implode.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Reminds me of a Nine Inch Nails video..

Fear never solves anything, I laugh...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Maj._Skillz]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Very much akin to seeing something like a bad car accident, and you want to look away, but can't. Was the same thing that kept me glued to the video, along with the fact I really did get an effect from it, which surprised me.

Thank you for a wonderful and insightful post.

I ran into the video searching for information on swine flue.
I also started watching, and then just couldn’t look away - much like the car accident situation you describe.

I’ve still not been able to pinpoint the *disturb* reaction either.

Is it the dichotomy of kids show vs. horrify pig?
I don't think so.

Subliminal messages?
I mean you have to admit those baby piggies are cute little buggies - then superimposed on that disgusting tongue and teeth motion?

It’s tough to say, but, it’s definitely hair raising.

Thanks for your input, most appreciated.

gracie

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So I guess art is evil now?

your totally missing the point of the video. its for the song. the video is second thought, probably an old stock reel from archive.org. it is a person dancing in a pig costume, its not a real pig.

The whole point of the video is the song. you could consider it to be a Mashup.

what is exactly (besides the appearance of the pig), makes us think this is "Evil"? if you want to expound upon evil videos I can show you stuff that is actually SINISTER

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maj._Skillz

Fear never solves anything, I laugh...

Good point - Fear never solves anything.

Good thing I’m not afraid of the video.

Though keep in mind there’s a monumental difference between recognizing evil for what it is, and being afraid.

Though, I must admit, to not be afraid of evil, takes quite a person...

Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

Two things stand out - other than you’ve delivered up another fabulous and insightful post.

I say they are hopeful for love, but not quite yet faithful.

Would you expound on the - not quite faithful part?

If beautiful harmony is viewed as unattainable, and we must still be, we must celebrate something; it might as well be discord, as it is reflective of the hate, division, domination, manipulation, harrowing, judgmental, hypocritical, etc. that has so much power in our order. We must always have faith in something, even if it is faith in the nothing, nihilism. A mind without faith is a mind that cannot create; it is rather not a mind at all.

So these are the ones who spout such disdain for those who still feel the *evil* - because they can‘t - a result of not feeling love, or are unable to believe it will conquer all evil?

Thank you, again, in advance...
gracie

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

your totally missing the point of the video. its for the song. the video is second thought, probably an old stock reel from archive.org.

I would agree with you if it wasn’t for all the subliminal photos shown *behind* the video.
That shows intent of another kind.

if you want to expound upon evil videos I can show you stuff that is actually SINISTER

I’ve yet to see anything here on this thread (though people have tried) that I could find even the least bit disturbing or sinister - other than the pig video.

If you’ve got something to share, share it - it will go far to show examples of what is something sinister for one, may not be for another. (As long as whatever you present for viewing is not against ATS guidelines and if you believe it might bother some people you add a warning tag)...

Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Lol! I thought it was funny! Though there are subliminals at the beginning, not sure what they're all about, one pic seems to be chemical equations over a pic of the earth, next pic, haven't a clue......

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Libertygal

Very much akin to seeing something like a bad car accident, and you want to look away, but can't. Was the same thing that kept me glued to the video, along with the fact I really did get an effect from it, which surprised me.

Thank you for a wonderful and insightful post.

I ran into the video searching for information on swine flue.
I also started watching, and then just couldn’t look away - much like the car accident situation you describe.

I’ve still not been able to pinpoint the *disturb* reaction either.

Is it the dichotomy of kids show vs. horrify pig?
I don't think so.

Subliminal messages?
I mean you have to admit those baby piggies are cute little buggies - then superimposed on that disgusting tongue and teeth motion?

It’s tough to say, but, it’s definitely hair raising.

Thanks for your input, most appreciated.

gracie

I must be missing the picture! I found the piggy to be quite funny! Loosen up a little

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well if that is the most sinister video you've seen, you may need to get out more. I've seen videos such as the Daniel Pearl beheading that makes your blood run cold.

Ever watch a Marylin Manson video? Here' one.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"I say they are hopeful for love, but not quite yet faithful."

Perhaps it is better said that they see love, but around it envelops a thick haze. Also, they are perhaps chasing after love like one chases metaphorical rabbits. One only gets to pet the rabbit when one sits in the center, not merely trying to strike an angle with an angle (perpetual warfare of angels and demons?) They are hopeful, because I believe the nature of love is our very essence; it is what animates us. Hate animates us through a sort of theft of love's birthright (I know I am personifying). Love is connection through symbiosis. Hate is connection through mutually agreed upon division. They are both connections; hence our confusions as humans trying to relate to each other.

Now that I have shown many flavors, I will lay it out bluntly. Love must be fallen into, not pounced upon. Yes evil psychological/spiritual/mental systems exist. They manifest in individuals from time to time. But they are separate from the individual. The mere perspective of placing the sinister spiritualities onto the physical form of another human being (remember, we are in flux, not constant) has the very real, very nasty tendency of strengthening those evil thoughts within the very person placing these perspectives upon other people, as well as the other people themselves. Since a person who defines himself or herself as being good tends to get cognitive dissonance from facing the evil constructs that have been built within, this person tends to bury these things into seeming oblivion. However, when perceiving evil in the world (and yes, it does exist merely by "virtue" of its influence) those constructs of evil we carry within tend to surface emotionally in the form of stark fear. There is no greater fear than looking at an aspect of yourself in the mirror seemingly for the very first time.

All that being said, the hope cannot turn into faith unless there has been a tipping point, a critical mass of the self-willed perceptions of lacking judgment of others' true natures, forgiving self and other (because we understand another through the context of our very own selves, we are quite truly forgiving ourselves when we forgive another), and ceasing the cascade of projections of self onto other. We then start to see the infinite connection of things, the other as well as the self, and love becomes obvious. Faith in love follows. Faith is the singularity of a dissolved hope/fear stick. Hope can flip to fear and back. Faith is steadfast.

"If beautiful harmony is viewed as unattainable, and we must still be, we must celebrate something; it might as well be discord, as it is reflective of the hate, division, domination, manipulation, harrowing, judgmental, hypocritical, etc. that has so much power in our order. We must always have faith in something, even if it is faith in the nothing, nihilism. A mind without faith is a mind that cannot create; it is rather not a mind at all."

So these are the ones who spout such disdain for those who still feel the *evil* - because they can‘t - a result of not feeling love, or are unable to believe it will conquer all evil?

Yes, I think that is a very good way of putting it. I also think it is an excuse for those who wish for infinite freedom of the self that disregards the other in a world full of others. I also think that some do not feel the evil, because they have felt it quite often before, and feel no need to do so this time, having moved beyond. But if they disavow evil influence, in general, in this world, then they are sorely mistaken.

Also, as painful as it is to our ego, we can be quite reactionary. In the absolute lowest levels of our brain, we see things as on/off, yes/no, good/evil, etc., in the form of opposites. But what is the one thing that transcends these opposites? Could it be love. Does love make it clear that the battle of good and evil perpetuates both good and evil. Traditional battle of good vs evil has been viewed as, say, two equal armies with infinite supplies and infinite soldiers fighting each other. Does it ever end? Love is like creating the transcendental framework that unifies people, and dissolves evil. While there is certainly good and evil in this world, each side can have the tendency to view the other as evil. We are all some other person in some other person's eyes, so with this mindset, evil flourishes to become the ostensibly "natural" order. We all mirror others' expectations to some extent, so if so many are ASSuming so many others are evil, then that shall they be. The seeds of destruction have been planted. The joke is, when the destruction reaches a certain threshold, then the judgments and projections of others and self get destroyed with it. We can no longer hold onto false images of reality and the fears they create, and we are forced to acknowledge love. I really think it is a failsafe program. But that certainly does not mean we should not be active examples of what it radiates. Love in people in the world rises up to see love in general become the obvious nature. It means that people's rock bottoms do not have to be as low as otherwise.

Going to bed now. Peace and love over the war of domination and manipulation.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

I've seen more videos that have left other people screaming than I can count.
I’ve butchered horses, cows, sheep, goats, bear, deer, etc.
I worked for a ambulance squad for 6 years.
Nothing bothered me, still doesn’t.
Dead bodies, gore, whatever, just pieces of leftovers after life left the bod.

And, I repeat, nothing real or not, has come even close to my reaction to the piggy vid.

Thus, the thread.

As for the Manson video?

Once again just another wannabe let's shock prepubescent kids hooked on goth/the dark side video.

Now I'm not being condescending or off hand and I do appreciate your time spent posting - but - really, that's what the thread is about.

Why this piggy vid crumbles some and hardly fases others...

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
In my own opinion this video is just guy remixing a video to some music, and adding in some pigs because of the current swine flu scare.

It's nothing. It's not evil, it's not good, it's just some guy's video remix.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The pig looks very similar to anti capitalist artwork from the early 1900's, if not earlier.
The top hat and suit etc is exactly the same.
They were usually shown in cartoons feeding from the trough while the starving workers fill the trough with cash, that sort of thing.

Capitalist pig.

Evil? no.
Bit creepy? yea, it was meant to be, it was to show capitalists as evil, as we are all now finding out for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

Hate animates us through a sort of theft of love's birthright (I know I am personifying).

Considering hate is easier, and, doesn’t require anything but feeding on baser tendencies then yes I agree.
It takes courage to believe in love.
Hate, anyone can do it - and they do.
Surprisingly easily in fact.

Yes evil psychological/spiritual/mental systems exist. They manifest in individuals from time to time. But they are separate from the individual. The mere perspective of placing the sinister spiritualities onto the physical form of another human being (remember, we are in flux, not constant) has the very real, very nasty tendency of strengthening those evil thoughts within the very person placing these perspectives upon other people. Since a person who defines himself or herself as being good tends to get cognitive dissonance from facing the evil constructs that have been built within, this person tends to bury these things into seeming oblivion. However, when perceiving evil in the world (and yes, it does exist merely by "virtue" of its influence) those constructs of evil we carry within tend to surface emotionally in the form of stark fear. There is no greater fear than looking at an aspect of yourself in the mirror for the very first time.

So the *evil* I perceive might be a manifestation of something horrid in me?
Possible, sure.
If that’s what you mean.

All that being said, the hope cannot turn into faith unless there has been a tipping point, a critical mass of the self-willed perceptions of lacking judgment, forgiving self and other (because we understand another through the context of our very own selves, we are quite truly forgiving ourselves when we forgive another), and ceasing the cascade of projections of self onto other.

Going to have to read this part again, and again to make sure i get the gist of what you’re saying.

We then start to see the infinite connection of things, the other as well as the self, and love becomes obvious. Faith in love follows. Faith is the singularity of a dissolved hope/fear stick. Hope can flip to fear and back. Faith is steadfast.

Agreed.

If beautiful harmony is viewed as unattainable, and we must still be, we must celebrate something; it might as well be discord, as it is reflective of the hate, division, domination, manipulation, harrowing, judgmental, hypocritical, etc. that has so much power in our order. We must always have faith in something, even if it is faith in the nothing, nihilism. A mind without faith is a mind that cannot create; it is rather not a mind at all.

Thank you, well said and appreciated, yet again.
peace
gracie

[edit on 4-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This has been brought up many times throughout the thread - So, in thanks - here ya go...

Had to say if this is scarier than the original pig video at the begining of this thread or not.

Enjoy.

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I don't feel anything from the video. I also don't see how swine flu is brought into the discussion other than the pigs. I also thought that for it to be subliminal, you had to not notice the message. If the sub message was the pig in the chair then it was visible for quite a few frames and not subliminal at all. For techno or whatever it is called nowadays the video lacked a few bars IMO. As for the pig in costume, It affects me about as much as a furry alien named Elmo with the speech impairment.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join