It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain-free animals to take suffering out of farming

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

really? that doesnt make any sense at all

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

i would at least consider this a step in the right direction.
agree to hunt with no weapons and you have yourself a deal.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

unless your a mentally challenged human, you would see why eating meat is worng in teh first place.
and as far as a creatures who are meant to consume flesh, the verdict is far from conclusive on humans.
out intestines are much longer proportinally to carnovores in the wild, we have flat finger nails and teeth, weak stomach acid, and poor speed and eyesight.
the only real advantage we ahve is th use of weapons.
if you disagree go out and hunt some stuff with your hands and no traps/weapons.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by MBF
Cows are not mass produced. They are fed out in large feedlots for slaughter, but the beginning of their life is in a pasture eating grass. Cows are happy as long as they have plenty to eat.

It depends on the country. In Britain there are better levels of animal husbandry and feedlots are not used. Similarly, pigs seem to be better cared for in Britain than the States.

I am happy to eat all forms of meat which carry the Britsih Quality Standard mark (or similar) as the animals have been treated well - in the context of something that is going to be clobbered. I also buy meat from butchers who source locally and am not too fussed with organic, as that can be a bit of a con in my experience.

I am wary of chickens which come from supermarkets and think that of all the animals bred for the table, these poor feathered creatures have the worst experience.

British Pork yummy

Regards

Farm Assured meat is not free range, before you pat the UK on the back for decent pig raising suggest you watch this video filmed in 2008

www.youtube.com...

Imo making animals pain free does not solve the problem of cruel farming methods, it will appease a few I suppose. I am a veggie though will cook wild rabbit and pheasant for the family members who eat meat.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
whether or not they feel pain, are euthanised "humanely", or are free range is irrelevant.
they are still being used as food for your fat ass.
the end does not justify the means.
your not god, nothing gives you the right to decide the fate of another creature.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
whether or not they feel pain, are euthanised "humanely", or are free range is irrelevant.
they are still being used as food for your fat ass.
the end does not justify the means.
your not god, nothing gives you the right to decide the fate of another creature.

You forgot their also delicious.

And I think treating them humanely is very relevant I don't think anyone wants them in misery but if I was in the wild I wouldn't think twice about killing to eat.
I don't think I've ever seen a healthy looking vegetarian way to pale to be healthy they look like walking corpses.

It's simply nature and if it wasn't for our meat eating we would probably never have evolved a large brain.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That's even worse...

It reminds me of Ragdoll breed cats. They have neuromuscular disorders which cause them to be lax, so people buy them and pick them up and play with them since the cats can't do anything about it.

I eat meat. I'm an omnivore. I have omnivore teeth. I need protein from red meat or else I become anemic. But I try to eat local, organic, no hormone meat whenever I can. All animals that consume meat will have to kill their prey unless they are scavengers and eat carrion.

But I don't suppose genetically modified anything.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

1. how exactly do you humanely kill stuff? wtf?
2. if you were in teh wild you would starve, humans are terrible predators without their technlogy.
3. what does skin tone and sunlight have to do with diet?
4. did you hit your head recently?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

1. how exactly do you humanely kill stuff? wtf?
2. if you were in the wild you would starve, humans are terrible predators without their technology.
3. what does skin tone and sunlight have to do with diet?
4. did you hit your head recently?

1: If you have to kill something you do it quickly so the animal doesn't suffer it's perfectly possible to make it so quick the animal feels nothing.

2: I disagree we are the planets apex predator as we can use tools and punch way above our weight we are also smart enough to set snares dead falls and other traps to catch our food. If I wanted to eat I'd be more likely to target a rabbit or bird than a tiger at least without a really big gun besides smaller game would be easier to prepare unless it was for a large group.

3: Obviously it does because all vegetarians I've seen are almost vampiric white this isn't something I just made up in my experience it seems true. Now they claim they are healthy but they really don't look it to me.

4: It's quite commonly known that eating meat gave us a huge advantage in regard to our brains without it we would never have had the necessary energy to use such oversized brains.

Diet was absolutely vital to our evolution and the technology we have today.

As far as I'm concerned though everyone can eat what they want I just don't think vegetarians should be trying to take the high ground when their pesticides are massacring other animals on a much larger scale.
Not to mention the way combine harvesters are practically designed for beheading mice rabbits and anything else that happens to live in a field.

I'm against modifying all food geneticly or otherwise though be it plants or animals it's playing with fire and nature will outsmart us in ways we could probably never expect.

I believe no one should be allowed to hold a patent on life of any form be it seeds pigs cows or anything else.

Life is not for profit.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

4: It's quite commonly known that eating meat gave us a huge advantage in regard to our brains without it we would never have had the necessary energy to use such oversized brains.

If we all become vegetarians then ( and I believe there are more veggies now than say 100 years before) then would our brains shrink?

Can you give me a link to any study that says that meat eating caused our brains to become bigger.

Tigers and lions have been eating meat for more than the existence of humans. Then why are they not more intelligent than us?

Brain size does not mean more intelligence. And I do not see any other benefit of our oversized brains, other than intelligence.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yes I can easily a brief google search will find hundreds of pages on the topic.

one example

Second example

The reason tigers aren't ruling the world is they never learned to cook also the whole lack of opposable thumbs probably plays a part. We also had the advantage of being primates which are smarter than most animals to start with.

I think we could evolve smaller brains in the right circumstances evolution doesn't have to always improve just adapt to changes after Armageddon type incident we could revert back to the level of cavemen.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

lol
you have some interesting theories on how the world works.
its nice to see a completly new perspective from someone who clearly has a skewed view of reality.
amusing to say the least.
good luck to you my special new friend!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I would like to add this as I live in a major cattle ranching state.

Most of the time the cows are free grazing on public land.

What that means is basically the ranchers release their cattle into the wild to retrieve them later in the year. Most of the time these cows are wild cows. Wild cows are happy cows. Sure later they are slaughtered to enter my stomach but in the meantime they are happy cows.

To the vegetarians, go ahead eat plants no one is going to stop you, but if I want a fat juicy steak with my veggies I expect the same sort of freedom!

[edit on 9-9-2009 by DaMod]

It depends on the type of "ranching" or "farming", where I live we have a lot of dairy farms, and they do not let their "cows" out to roam. A lot of them are "smushed" into small areas, fed chemicals so they make more milk than natural, and then fed antibiotics to counteract the negative effects of the hormones they are given to make more milk.

I am a meat eater, in small amounts, but still I like a good steak every now and then.

Having grown up on a farm and raising our own foods, I think we should try and move towards each city/town etc. being more responsible for supplying the foods for their area.

I don't think it is a good idea for us to be genetically modifying foods for our consumption, I think it is dangerous. But that is just my feelings on the issue.

In the USA, we have some horrendous husbandry practices. I see no real reason for this, other than the same sickness that this country has right now in many other areas, greed and corporatism do not equal humanity.

for example

www.youtube.com... if the embed did not work

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If this is true and can be effectively implemented, I am delighted.

Many years back, I developed an ambition that if I should successfully become very rich, although this has not happened yet, then I would buy a chain of abbatoirs, and install much improved welfare and much improved killing systems and treatment, no pain or torment is probably the uppermost requirement.

This is really good news. The last piece of good news I heard on this was a programme on TV presented and put together by Michael Portillo, about gases that kill totally painlessly, and if anything send the recipient away on a slight high !

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
why is there no connect between the 2 for for you people.
on one hand your putting effort into making sure a creature does not suffer in the least, then you turn around and kill it.why doesnt that seem absolutely insane to any of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join