It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain-free animals to take suffering out of farming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Vegetarians are some of the most uninformed people I think I've EVER come across. I mean seriously, they are real morons sometimes. First off let's distinguish between animal products, meat, and vegetarianism. Because there is a different between eating animal products and meat. Meat as in MEAT is one thing. Animal products as in eggs and dairy products are a completely different thing. An absence of differentiation is critical. There are several compounds found in animal products NOT found in vegetables. Cholesterol for one. Cholesterol is NECESSARY for optimal functioning of the human body PERIOD! You cannot live without cholesterol. Second FAT SOLUBLE vitamins A, D, etc. are found in ANIMAL PRODUCTS IN MUCH GREATER concentration than any vegetable. Also there are TONS of antioxidants in animal products like glutathione in milk. Bottomline is the human body is NOT designed to only eat vegetables.

Vegetarians are NOT healthier as a whole. This is complete and utter nonsense. In general vegetarians are more health conscious than their meat eating counterpart i.e. exercise more, don't smoke, don't drink to excess. So of course they are going to "appear" healthier. It's more lifestyle than diet related. Also YOU'RE SO WRONG about "westerners" eating more meat. We eat a lot of meat but it's our VEGETABLE OIL consumption that has sky rocketed in the last 50 years not our meat or saturated fat consumption. In fact overall Americans specifically are eating less animal fat than they were 50 years ago and heart disease etc. are more prevalent than ever. Vegetable oil is in EVERYTHING. Our food is much more processed than it's EVER been. That is the most important thing. Eat your food as close to as nature intended as possible. Go to the grocery and try to find packaged or processed food that isn't loaded with high fructose corn syrup and vegetable oils.

I wish these stupid vegetarian myths would just die. It's bullcrap! Oh and the tried and false 7th Day Adventis study that veggiewhackos love to use is TOTALLY FLAWED!

The mediterranean diet is supposedly one of the healthiest and even it contains a significant amount of meat, cheese and other animal products.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
That's because soy products shrink the brain. You want Alzheimer? Don't eat meat.A link that contains alot of links proving why soy is so bad for you

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

you still need to murder aniamls to get the meat though right?
and its still rotting flesh right?
and its still riddled with parasites that invade your digestive tract right?
and it still casues cancer right?
and it still causes obesity right?
and it still casues heart disease right?
and ti still causes strokes right?
and it still is 100% unessesary and gluttonous right?
you sir, are the *snip*. go eat your meat and continue failing as a compassionate human.
and as far as health goes id bet everythign i own on teh fact im in better shape than you, allthough that could be mostly genetics, but diet plays a role in it as well.
*snip*

Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 17-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamhat

Originally posted by DaMod
To the vegetarians, go ahead eat plants no one is going to stop you, but if I want a fat juicy steak with my veggies I expect the same sort of freedom!

I have no issue with people eating meat although I am finding it harder to justify my own consumption, but I do think everyone should reassess their attitude towards meat. I agree with you, surely happy animals makes for healthier food, who wants meat from an animal that has been saturated with stress chemicals and hormones all it's life? Meat marinated in fear essentially. Many, many people in the west eat too much meat. Of course if we didn't eat so much beef, we wouldn't be able to have so many pairs of shoes or a plush leather interior in our Merc either.

Indeed and I agree that westerners do eat a lot of beef but actually I prefer wild game but that is another post all together. One of my best friends is actually a USDA meat inspector. It is really horrible what they do to the cows but the one thing I respected is their method of killing them. They push thousands of cattle single file through a shoot. At the end there is a guy there with what you would probably describe as a big nail gun. They pull the trigger and fire a bolt into the cow's skull rendering it unconscious.

This part might make people a little queasy. They then hoist the cow by its rear legs, make a small incision and then rip the skin right off the cow. Actually I think I'm going to have my USDA friend make a post in my name to tell you guys some stories of what really happens to these animals straight from the horses mouth (so to speak).

However, I don't think Pain Free Cattle would solve this problem.

Do you?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
you still need to murder aniamls to get the meat though right?
and its still rotting flesh right?
and its still riddled with parasites that invade your digestive tract right?
and it still casues cancer right?
and it still causes obesity right?
and it still casues heart disease right?
and ti still causes strokes right?
and it still is 100% unessesary and gluttonous right?
you sir, are the uninformed idiot. go eat your meat and continue failing as a compassionate human.
and as far as health goes id bet everythign i own on teh fact im in better shape than you, allthough that could be mostly genetics, but diet plays a role in it as well.
noob.

Oh dear, here we go again... A list of barrel-scraped selectivity.
How can meat cause obesity?

Come on, mate think clearly now... By eating too much and not leading a healthy lifestyle can lead to people getting obese, same with heart disease. There are fat and obese vegetarians, many suffer from a carbohydrate rich diet. Vegetarians don't all give up pizza and chips, you know.

It is just like saying that vegetarianism causes anaemia – which it can if the vegetarian does not eat a balanced diet.

Regards

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I love the ABSOLUTENESS all of you people post with.

Haven't ANY of you heard of the saying everything in moderation, even moderation itself?

Has it ever came to the minds of some of you that there are PROs and CONs of almost ANYTHING you do in life?

If we were not supposed to eat "meat", then carnivores in general would have never existed. Like I said in my previous post, GO TELL A SHARK TO EAT A SALAD!! SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

the only aspect of the single file lines ending with a sociopath and a nailgun is its efficeincy level.
people suck.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

seriosuly?
well for starters a scientist had this to say
"Meat consumption appears to be a factor for obesity in women, according to a new study presented at the 54th Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) in New Orleans. Although the reasons are still unclear, high meat intake was associated with obesity in a preliminary study sample of more than 280 women.

More than half of the women classified as having high meat intake were obese, according to body fat percentage. Conversely, only 18.6 percent of women classified as having low meat intake were obese.

The study divided participants into groups classified by low, moderate, and high meat intake per 1,000 calories consumed a day. The low intake group consumed less than 1.9 three-ounce servings of meat per day, as opposed to more than 3.18 servings for the high intake group. Participants were nonsmoking, premenopausal women whose diet was monitored during a seven-day period.

Lead study author Garrett Hoyt says he can only speculate on the physiological causes behind his findings, but several factors may be to blame.

“It’s possible that eating more meat causes people to weigh more, or that people who weigh more eat more meat,” Hoyt said. “That sounds odd, but it’s possible that diets with lots of meat consumption, like the Atkins diet, have attracted people with higher body fat percentages.”

Hoyt points out that vegetarians and semi-vegetarians have been shown to be consistently leaner than meat-eaters. This may be because meat consumption increases insulin levels, which may lead to a hormonal response that leads to body growth."
also, its pretty much pumped full of steroids and growth hormones. id say your getting off lucky if the only side effect suffered is some weight gain.
L2science.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

once i gain teh ability to communicate with a shark ill let you know how that goes.
also, theres these things in life, called choices. sometimes making them changes the outcome of a certain situtaion. like choosing not to murder stuff or feed on corpses.
im nto so sure sharks have that many choices.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think life would be better if we lived back in the pioneer days. We staked our land, we worked hard and plowed our fields, planted our crops and then harvested them. We hunted our meals and just for what we needed that day. We raised our animals for eggs and milk and food. we traded our goods and services for other goods and services. We went wrong a long time ago. I hate this mass production crap. We need to live off the land, not the grocery store.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Yes, the world is filled with choices. Now, lets go over some things.

Do you support the killing of living things for food?

If not, then you can no longer eat your vegetables (and of course meat).

But wait, plants do not have feelings!?

Well, if we make animals painless or the death of animals close to it, what is the difference!

Oh I know...animals show affection. That is it. Those cute little cows deserve to be pampered.

Well you see, there are a few types of consumers in this world. Carnivores, Vegetarians, Omnivores, and a few things that can produce for themselves (plants mainly).

If we are to stop being Omnivores/Carnivores, why shouldn't all of the other species on this planet join us?

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. All ethics are is a way to make us humans feel superior over someone or something else. Eventually, those ethical bounds get broken and new ones pop up. Over and over again...

I have one final idea. We can call it Pro-Vegan, or Pro-Choice. People get to decide on their own if its morally acceptable to eat slaughtered farm animals.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I wonder if those who are against killing animals for food are against abortion, I would hope so other wise they would be a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Why do you say "we"?

Sell everything, pack up, and start your own farm.

Or do you prefer the easier way of life thanks to mass production?

Actions speak louder than words. Why must "we" go back in time with you. While you are at it, ditch your internet, computer, cell phone, tasty treats, stylish furniture, games, television, cable, new car, house with electricity, public water system...yadda yadda.

While you may not have all of that, you sure have a lot if it.

Now, give it all up, get yourself some land, and start farming.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

cuz the relationship between abortion and meat is totally relevant to this thread!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

its still murder bro.
plants dont feel pain or think or show any signs they are self aware, regardless of what some 2 pargraph article you are going to quote me on the internet says. i dont care if some study funded by a factory farm says about the subject, the fact is, plants growm from teh earth and take nutrients form teh envioronment to provide food ot teh inhabitants of the earth.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

seriosuly?
well for starters a scientist had this to say

Well, really. The problem is that for every scientist saying one thing there is a scientist saying another.

The fact is that you said meat causes obesity, which is wrong. Lifestyle causes obesity and there are obese vegetarians, a fact which you cannot deny.

I think the problem here is that you are trying to polarise the discussion by saying that meat is wrong and are trying to justify your stance with uninformed comment. I respect your view on this, but don't actually agree with your justification.

Meat does not equal "murder". "Meat is murder" is a nice catchphrase, but that's all it is. Meat is part of the diet of the majority of people. Vegetarianism is a lifestyle choice made possible by modern agriculture, processing and transportation. It is also made possible by science and medicine who have given vegetarians the knowledge to eat balanced diets.

I feel that many people become vegetarians because they don't like the industrialised livestock methods. Nor do I. I am lucky to live in a country where I can trace the source of much of the meat I eat and therefore can choose to buy or not to buy. The standards of animal welfare and associated farming practice are good and I can have confidence that animals raised for slaughter are treated well and slaughtered cleanly.

My suggestion is that people need to become aware of what they buy and vote with their wallet. In the same way that a responsible vegetarian would ensure their soya has come land which has not be reclaimed from the rainforest, or their fruit has not been delivered via pollution spewing planes.

Regards

edit the reference

[edit on 15/9/2009 by paraphi]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Pain free animals no thank you I don't want the animals to suffer but neither do I want people playing Frankenstein with my food and that goes double if Monsanto is involved in anyway. Treat the things humanely and there is no problem in my eyes it would probably be better for the meat to.

And vegetarians are not morally superior to anyone how many creatures do you think the pesticide on your veggies kills. I won't even attempt a guess but I'm thinking one year of pesticide use would kill more animals than every cow that has ever existed.

Don't mess with my steak.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Your right "we" don't have to go back in time. Given the oppertunity I would gladly jump on that bandwagon however its eaisier said than done. My husband and I are looking into buying land and having a farm but its not so easy. We already do what we can to not buy mass produced grocery store animals by raising chickens, having a small garden and hunting and fishing.
I would gladly ditch my internet, computer, cell phone, stylish furniture(ha), games(haha), old car, house, and public water system. Electricity too but it is nice to have. And I can always bake my own tasty treats.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Its actually something that you mentioned that. That same USDA friend told me they had to rotate the nail gun job with other employees because they found it led to cases of domestic violence. Apparently someone who kills all day later develops a violent personality.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

its still murder bro.
plants dont feel pain or think or show any signs they are self aware, regardless of what some 2 pargraph article you are going to quote me on the internet says. i dont care if some study funded by a factory farm says about the subject, the fact is, plants growm from teh earth and take nutrients form teh envioronment to provide food ot teh inhabitants of the earth.

So if we mass breed mentally challenged cows that have no idea what they are doing, AND feel no pain, will it be okay then?

One more thing. If being a carnivore/omnivore is so bad, why are there so many species in the animal kingdom like it?

Because they are made for it. Just like us. If we were not made to eat meat...we wouldn't be where we are now with the mass production of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join