It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Green Jobs Czar Accused Of Being A 9/11 Truther

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Van Jones, Obama's highly regarded--amongst greenies, anyway--green jobs czar with a colorful past is under serious fire, particularly from Glenn Beck and Fox News.

Today's big bomb shell on Van Jones is that he signed a 9/11 truther statement:

Fox News: President Obama's "green jobs" adviser could become a mounting liability for the Obama administration, as the latest revelation about Van Jones shows his belief that the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks could have been an inside job.

Jones joined the "9/11 truther" movement by signing a statement in 2004 calling for then-New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer and others to launch an investigation into evidence that suggests "people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war."

[color=#2EAE2E]Business Insider : Green Sheet

Well, I think I heard that some Democrats were quietly calling for his resignation so that there won't be much distraction in the coming days with Obama still trying to sell an unwanted product (Health Care) to an already weary public.

I would suspect the Republicans et al. will be calling for his firing, but that's just my opinion.

What say you?

Edit to add: Glenn Beck aired the accusation during his 5PM ET broadcast. Later tonight on Hannity he had breaking news 'just-in' : Van Jones was quoted as apologizing and other words... I'll try to get the complete quote.

[edit on 9·3·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Good for him.

It's a shame he's apologizing. I honestly wish he wouldn't have.

I hope he doesn't quit. I hope he doesn't renege his statements. I hope he continues to push for the truth that we all deserve to hear.

This man has nothing to apologize for. He, like many of us (including what is likely the majority on this site), can see through the obvious lies and deceptions surrounding the events on 9/11. We need more people like him, who are in a position to raise eyebrows, to speak out on this before it becomes buried in time like the JFK fiasco.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Seems like a ploy...public apology for questioning the official version of the story. I thought this was America and you are supposed to question things. As for being a "truther" half the world is a truther, that makes the few American's in the minority. They surely don't want you to know you are the majority.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
He's gone. Its only a matter of time. Its not just the 9/11 truther stuff. There's a whole host of issues with this guy and the media was going to catch wind of it sooner or later. The question is whether or not the Obama administration chooses to defend the indefensible.

The best thing the administration could do is send him packing tomorrow morning. The longer they wait, the more traction this will gain in the media. If they do it now, they'll still have to answer the question of how in the world this guy ever got a job as a senior advisor to the President and whether they even bothered to investigate his past, but as long as they don't try to defend it, they may minimize the damage.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I believe he apologized for calling Republicans "a**holes" not for his 9/11 beliefs.

The republican attack machine dug up his past and found out he signed a petition asking for a new 9/11 investigation.

He is correct on both counts! Lets hope he doesn't apologize!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If he goes, will he feel resentment toward Obama for dumping him?

If he goes, will Obama still use him as an unofficial advisor?

Will people be labeled racist for looking into this guy?

Lots of questions.

This will be a tough call for Obama. Obama doesn't really need all the distraction but at the same time letting him go will also cause distraction.

All I know is that somebody didn't vet this guy as good as they should have.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wonder if there is room under Obama's bus for Van Jones? He could join his grandmother, Reverend Wright, Bill Ayres, Tony Rezko et al.?

Communist, Troofer, foul mouth racist. But I'm sure Obama never knew him like that!

[edit on 3-9-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

He,in fact, has apologized for the 9/11 truther petition, saying that he does not and never did agree with it.

Green Jobs Czar apologizes for 'truther' statement

"In recent days some in the news media have reported on past statements I made before I joined the administration – some of which were made years ago," he said in a statement provided to the Washington Times. "If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize. As for the petition that was circulated today, I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever.”

[edit on 3-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
"If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize. As for the petition that was circulated today, I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever.”

Thanks for finding that

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Good for him.

It's a shame he's apologizing. I honestly wish he wouldn't have.

I hope he doesn't quit. I hope he doesn't renege his statements. I hope he continues to push for the truth that we all deserve to hear.

This man has nothing to apologize for. He, like many of us (including what is likely the majority on this site), can see through the obvious lies and deceptions surrounding the events on 9/11. We need more people like him, who are in a position to raise eyebrows, to speak out on this before it becomes buried in time like the JFK fiasco.

I can understand your position as I have many doubts about 9/11. As Many have pointed out including Beck... That Jones, having such a high position in the administration, it really begs to be heard completely. The pale apology as quoted above wreaks of a guided, fixed statement, laced with lies in it's entirety.

First rule of politics ... Never admit to anything. Even if it is the truth.

You'll see that obfuscation over and over.

It's years past now and could be forgiven by ATS members I'm sure... however, the main stream on every side will be up in arms.

The petition goes against everything government stands for on their official statement and they may never change their tune even if/when it is blatantly obvious 9/11 was staged false flag.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Being a "Truther" is the only thing I like about this guy. Otherwise he is a communist who wants to redistribute the wealth from whitey through the conduit of the green economy.

I started a thread about that very issue here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I wonder if there is room under Obama's bus for Van Jones? He could join his grandmother, Reverend Wright, Bill Ayres, Tony Rezko et al.?

Obama's Articulated Majik Bus looks like it can handle quite a few... I could be mistaken...

Edit to add:
After seeing so many of his 'closest allies' getting thrown under the bus just so he could get elected... I mean, people almost completely throwing away their honor and careers... Would anyone want to step up into one of this Administrations high-level positions knowing that they may need to sacrifice their pass and become nothing more than pot hole filler?

[edit on 9·3·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

That is awesome! Made my day!

Now that's a bus!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmmm... Obama escalates the war in Afghanistan.
Hmmm #2... he has people on his staff and in his confidence that believe 9/11 was a ruse.
Hmmm #3... if 9/11 was an inside job, why are we in Afghanistan?
Hmmm #4... regardless of all of that, wasn't "ending war" part of Obama's platform, or was that just regarding Iraq?

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO?!?!

and for the record, I am not one of those who believe 9/11 was an inside job, nor am I particularly against the Iraq or Afghanistan wars (though I believe they have both been grossly mishandled and under agressive by us). I am, however, against hypocrisy... which has arisen as a true keystone of Obama's adminsitration.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Van Jones is a radical left wing whack job.
There is no way that guy should be anywhere's near D.C.
The fact that Obama keeps picking these wingnuts is very disturbing.
Van Jones doesn't have to apologize for being a 'truther'.
There are MANY MANY other things that the self proclaimed 'rowdy black nationaist' should be apologizing for.
But something tells me that he's not sorry at all about those things ...
LA Times

[edit on 9/4/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

LOL, that picture was what i needed for today. As for this

As far as republicans being assholes, probably. We know that it's all politics, we'll fight you for anything and everything mentality..and it's just a ruse for the public. Everyone works together behind closed doors and gets paid.

After seeing so many of his 'closest allies' getting thrown under the bus just so he could get elected... I mean, people almost completely throwing away their honor and careers... Would anyone want to step up into one of this Administrations high-level positions knowing that they may need to sacrifice their pass and become nothing more than pot hole filler?

How true! Obama learned that you have no friends in politics, just allies. Nobody mentions that Oprah goes to the same church as Obama..her preacher is Rev. Wright. Yet she managed to dodge the whole fiasco even though her target demographic are middle aged to older white women.

That's what the msm is doing now, beyond propaganda. It's totally lopsided, because what's reported is just one story, not the whole story.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If he goes, will he feel resentment toward Obama for dumping him?

If he goes, will Obama still use him as an unofficial advisor?

Will people be labeled racist for looking into this guy?

Lots of questions.

This will be a tough call for Obama. Obama doesn't really need all the distraction but at the same time letting him go will also cause distraction.

All I know is that somebody didn't vet this guy as good as they should have.

He was vetted, and Obama's own senior advisor told the press that they'd been watching Jones since his days in Oakland (which just happen to coincide with the days that he was an avowed and outspoken communist).

I'm not scared that the guy wasn't vetted. I'm scared that he WAS, and still has an ear of the president. One of the best ways to tell what a person's beliefs and values are, is looking at who they surround themselves with.

This is all pretty telling, hopefully more people are noticing.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm pretty skeptical about conspiracies in general, but I'm willing to hear the 9/11 truthers out. I go to their threads and read them from time to time. Does that make me ineligible for public office?

Considering all the whacko conspiracies (like the birthers and deathers) that are embraced by the mainstream of the GOP I don't see where they have a leg to stand on in criticizing this guy.

He didn't say he believed in the 9/11 conspiracy. He was just interested at one point and wanted more investigation. He had an open mind.

I suspect it's his leftist sympathies that the right is really out to get. And the fact that the 9/11 conspiracy involves the Bush administration.

If everyone who had sympathies way out in right field were eliminated from public office there would be no Republican party left.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here's an update with video...

Apparently the Democrats are publicly calling for Van Jones resignation too... I fully expected the Republicans to call for his resignation as noted in my OP.

Here's more...

Republican Congressman Calls on Jones to Resign

The White House brushed aside mounting questions about controversial green jobs czar Van Jones on Friday, even as congressional Republicans demanded Jones's resignation and some prominent Democrats urged the president to fire the outspoken aide if he has not resigned before next week's Joint Session of Congress.

Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana became the first lawmaker to call for the resignation of President Obama's "green jobs" adviser over new revelations about his past affiliations and statements.

Pence said Obama should get rid of Van Jones, 40, if the adviser is unwilling to resign.

"His extremist views and coarse rhetoric have no place in this administration or the public debate," Pence said in a written statement released Friday.

Pence also called on Obama to suspend appointment of additional so-called "czars" until Congress has a chance to examine the background and responsibilities of such individuals, as well as to determine the constitutionality of such appointments.

[color=#FFD080]The rest of the article...

Finally some common sense. Investigating and vetting these appointments.
This is the thing... We let them get away with these Czar appointments over the years, in my opinion, because this country is a huge and diverse territory. The President needs some advise from elements outside of the government structure.

This is getting out of hand though. It's clear abuse... Just like when things get lax where you work and there are some people that abuse what was once an unofficial perk, management tightens and redefines stricter controls. Same in this instance.

It's clear abuse when Obama appoints someone with a rap sheet longer than probably more than 98% of anyone in the entire country. When we waive tax evasion, criminal history, etc... We're going the wrong direction. Not to mention sending a signal to the kids that these are acceptable life choices.

(click to open player in new window)

I hope that some of my comments clarify the situation and reasoning that officials & MSM won't clearly state.

[edit on 9·5·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Hmmm... Obama escalates the war in Afghanistan.
Hmmm #2... he has people on his staff and in his confidence that believe 9/11 was a ruse.
Hmmm #3... if 9/11 was an inside job, why are we in Afghanistan?
Hmmm #4... regardless of all of that, wasn't "ending war" part of Obama's platform, or was that just regarding Iraq?

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO?!?!

and for the record, I am not one of those who believe 9/11 was an inside job, nor am I particularly against the Iraq or Afghanistan wars (though I believe they have both been grossly mishandled and under agressive by us). I am, however, against hypocrisy... which has arisen as a true keystone of Obama's adminsitration.

As for #4 it was only for Iraq.

My entire family supported the invasion of Afghanistan but were appalled at the war in Iraq.

Just because you are anti-war in Iraq, doesn't mean you are anti-war.

new topics

top topics

join