It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kennedy Memoir Addresses Fatal Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Kennedy Memoir Addresses Fatal Crash

www.washingtonpost.com

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy makes fresh revelations about his state of mind after Chappaquiddick in a 532-page memoir, "True Compass," to be published posthumously Sept. 14. He calls his behavior "inexcusable" and admits that he made "terrible decisions" at that time.

Kennedy drew on notes in a personal journal he kept for almost 50 years, beginning with his brother John F. Kennedy's 1960 presidential campaign. He also relied on interviews conducted for a five-year oral history project by the University of Virginia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.time.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Now I know I am opening a can of worms here. But I find it very interesting that this memoir is being release post mortem per Kennedy's request.

Orders for the book are quickly crawling up the best seller list. I must say that it is very intriguing.

It confirms what I have thought, that Kennedy's life work, his relentless helping of others, was to atone for Chappaquiddick.

He was just another man with demons.

Apparently in the book he also concludes that he believes that it was just Oswald who killed his brother, and there is nothing more to the story.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I certainly didn't agree with him. And I am sure he has/had his hands full of personal demons.

But S&F for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What about the New York Times disgraceful act of releasing the most
"juicy" parts of the book ahead of the scheduled 9/14/2009 release
date? I suppose the scumbag publishing company that sold a copy
of the book to the NYT reporter is equally to blame. Honor and
morals in this country are nearing rock-bottom, IMO.
-cwm

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

I think that is pretty crappy too.

Especially in this day and age when papers are struggling to stay afloat, this is a blow against them.

Pretty disrespectful in my opinion.

As for his horrible decisions regarding the accident, he was clearly suffering from denial. People react different ways, panic, shutdown, heroism, and denial.Which is why he kept saying he thought she would be coming back.
It is the bodies way of dealing with shock. And it is a strong intuiton. For example, after the 1993 bombing of the WTC, 10 hours later they found people still working in the building. Long after their day ended. They were asked if they knew there was an explosion. They said no. So their minds removed the terror and kept them working as a way of dealing with the trauma.

I must say I am interested in reading the story actually, and to hear in more detail what he says on it. Though I do believe he is guilty in trying to cover it up. But I think it is a reaction many in that position suffer.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Now if we can just get Laura Bush to tell what happened the night she blew a stop sign and t-boned and killed her former boy friend. Truly amazing how the press and democrats gave her a free ride on that the 8 years she was in the WH.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I must say I am interested in reading the story actually, and to hear in more detail what he says on it. Though I do believe he is guilty in trying to cover it up. But I think it is a reaction many in that position suffer.

There's been a theory out there for years that kennedy was framed for the death. The bankers felt they couldn't get away with killing yet another kennedy brother so they killed MJK and pinned it on ted and thus ruined any presidential hopes he had.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Oh now that is interesting.

I came across a blog that the person who wrote it said that one of the boiler girls confessed and said that Kennedy didn't even know that Kopechne was in the car, he left with someone else Kopechne was drunk and sad and crawled into the back seat to sleep.

So Kennedy was supposed to die in teh crash then?

I would really like to know how he got himself out.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I have never actually heard that story.

second line

new topics

top topics

join