It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Airplane view' of Mars yields stunning images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

'Airplane view' of Mars yields stunning images

www.cnn.com

What would you see if you could fly over Mars in a plane and look out the window?

It must be something like the thousands of curious, intriguing and spectacular images taken by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera mounted on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Link to the photos is here: HiRISE Mars Photos

It almost looks like there is ice at the bottom of the crater. Some of the pictures look like there was running water on mars. Overall they are phenomenal, and will no doubt be very interesting to those who search for Mars anomalies.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

Wow cool images here. Looks like to me water is all over the place there.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm concerned about what they're showing us here....for example, this is a photo from 1999:

trees?

and here, a 2009 HI RES (cough) image from 2009:

not trees?

(download one of the greyscale -map images for better comparison)

Sure, the 2009 image is nice and sharp and crisp and clean, but how can this be a hi-res version of this when it looks just like a cleaner image of the same area only put through a few cheap photoshop filters?...thoughts? Am I way off or does JPL really think we are (baaaaa!) that stupid?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Mars looks like an Earth-type planet which almost was, and came close, but didn't quite get there - which to me indicates that solar systems "try" to generate life type planets.

join