It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Press Corps] Ask Karl Denninger Of The Market Ticker Your Questions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hey there everyone! I will be interviewing Karl Denninger of The Market Ticker fame.

I have my own questions for him but I also want your questions!

Take some time and think of a question you would like to ask him and post it here. You only have until tomorrow evening to post your questions so please do.

If you don't know who he is have a gander at The Market Ticker.

Here is his Seeking Alpha profile:

Mr. Denninger is the former CEO of MCSNet, a regional Chicago area networking and Internet company that operated from 1987 to 1998. MCSNet was proud to offer several "firsts" in the Internet Service space, including integral customer-specified spam filtering for all customers and the first virtual web server available to the general public. Mr. Denninger's other accmplishments include the design and construction of regional and national IP-based networks and development of electronic conferencing software reaching back to the 1980s.

He has been a full-time trader since 1998, author of The Market Ticker (market-ticker.org...), a daily market commentary, and operator of TickerForum, an online trading community, both since 2007.

Mr. Denninger received the 2008 Reed Irvine Accuracy In Media Award for Grassroots Journalism for his coverage of the 2008 market meltdown.

Ask away!

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Mr. Karl: What makes your gloom and doom soooo much more accurate than say....Peter Schiff's or....Gerald Celente? Or is it that you guys get together for an afternoon tea every now and then?

But really, Karl, are we past the turning point? If somehow these guys running the show pulled their heads out of their asses, do you think we could reverse the damage before a total collapse?

Have fun Tenticles.

-Dev

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
sweet... hmm i guess my question would be is why does everybody seem to ignore this stuff except him, schiff and celente...?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Surely more people are aware of what's happening.....their optimism, however, lies in their unwarranted trust in the so-called economic experts within the government.

It's a dismissal....

-Dev

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Shameless bump because I want the ATS community involved with the Press Corps!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Cool Tentickles is the interview with Karl in person, phone, or chat? I've been a fan of his since summer of 07. Questions for Denninger.

What potential black swans or other triggering events does he think could precipitate the next down move in markets?

I know Karl is a deflationist, what events would have to transpire to move him into an inflation thesis?

How fun is it to make videos and blog about dumbasses like Dennis Kneale and Jim Willie?

Any chance they will ever let you back on CNBS?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

This interview is via chat. My first interview with him was an hour long phone call.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
In light of this being a conspiracy website, I have to ask your opinion about something which has kept me wondering for a long time.

The simple question is why do foreign countries continue to buy our debt when the American dollar has been depreciating steadily for so long?

It seems as though common sense would make foreigners shy away from the dollar and either keep their profits in their own county or move it into other currencies which are not running the defecits that we are.

My own research has lead me to believe that deals have been made to make it mandatory for our trading partners to support our borrowing.Saudi Arabia comes to mind. I wonder if China has been forced into a similar deal.

"Diary of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins was a most enlightening read for me and explains alot. We'll buy your products but you have to buy our debt!

If this is so and I believe it probably is what do you think the future ramifications of this kind of economic strategy will be?

How much longer can this go on?

It would seem simple enough for countries to stop supprting our borrowing for a period of time to force bond prices to move higher and increase their yield. Isn't this correct?

I've often wondered about all the fiat money being floated around the world being based solely on their confidence in our system and our reliance on other countries to supprt our growth.

The feeling I'm getting now is that the American people are losing confidence in the system and I wonder if you think I am right?

The last question I would like to know your opinion on is what do you think will come of the audit that is going to take place of the federal reserve?
What do you think they are hideing and how bad will it be ?
Do you think we had to do something like put the state of Alaska up as collateral?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

Some good questions, will definitely add some to my list.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Still hoping for some more questions guys!

Participation is something I love

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Why don't the stock markets (DOW, etc) reflect real economic data?
For instance the news that jobless rates are up today hasn't made a dent in the markets one bit. When we had the foreclosure reports last month, same thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok, could you ask his personal opinion about the supposed "secret that is so big that it would cause immediate global disaster" if the Bloomberg FOIA lawsuit goes through?...is there something else going on that is so "out there" that even he is too afraid to say out loud (up to this point)....there is a pretty long thread discussing possible ideas about this right now on ATS...

Thanks!
fmf

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm just wondering how the interview went and if and when you will be posting the answers.

new topics

top topics

join